Best Gunslinger Faceoff Winner: Kino!

Which gunslinger is the better character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You realize that Alucard got raped as a kid, right?

On another note, I didn't think so many people hated him that bad.

Makes me wish I would've never picked him, let alone join the game, because this is bringing me flashbacks of when people would literally torment on me for liking certain anime/characters.

So, I'm done. Don't care who wins now...
Well let me preface this with first of all saying, that post was made entirely for fun. I like both characters. But for the sake of the silly internet poll I was highlighting which one I like more in a manner I intended to be humorous.

That said, if you look around here you might see that no one actually dislikes this character, most of us simply like the other one more. And this actually happens to be a rare case in the anime community. If we were on any other site I guarantee alucard would have won.

However, I understand that this doesn't really help things. I've been in the exact same situation you are now. And I know how easy it is to feel like people are antagonizing you for shitting on something you really like even when that isn't the case. Usually it's harder to see the other side in these situations. And in times like these sometimes silly internet polls and animated characters feel much more important than they are to the rest of the world because they're something we latch onto hard. I get that more than most people here.

So I'm not gonna tell you you're wrong for thinking that, because I know where you're coming from. But it gets better. Eventually you learn to disassociate those around you with the things you like. I still struggle with it myself, in fact.

It helps to consider all the multiple reasons people might have for thinking something. People don't just like something better than the thing you like because it's better. There's no reason to feel insecure. Each of our backgrounds and upbringings determine which things we are predisposed to liking more. So, it's nobody's fault, really. That, and there's no reason to question your own feelings, because after all you're a completely different person from them.

Sorry you felt attacked. But just know that from our side there was no intention of it.
:balloon:

Well let me preface this with first of all saying, that post was made entirely for fun. I like both characters. But for the sake of the silly internet poll I was highlighting which one I like more in a manner I intended to be humorous.

That said, if you look around here you might see that no one actually dislikes this character, most of us simply like the other one more. And this actually happens to be a rare case in the anime community. If we were on any other site I guarantee alucard would have won.

However, I understand that this doesn't really help things. I've been in the exact same situation you are now. And I know how easy it is to feel like people are antagonizing you for shitting on something you really like even when that isn't the case. Usually it's harder to see the other side in these situations. And in times like these sometimes silly internet polls and animated characters feel much more important than they are to the rest of the world because they're something we latch onto hard. I get that more than most people here.

So I'm not gonna tell you you're wrong for thinking that, because I know where you're coming from. But it gets better. Eventually you learn to disassociate those around you with the things you like. I still struggle with it myself, in fact.

It helps to consider all the multiple reasons people might have for thinking something. People don't just like something better than the thing you like because it's better. There's no reason to feel insecure. Each of our backgrounds and upbringings determine which things we are predisposed to liking more. So, it's nobody's fault, really. That, and there's no reason to question your own feelings, because after all you're a completely different person from them.

Sorry you felt attacked. But just know that from our side there was no intention of it.
:balloon:

In summary, people on AP have shit taste ;)

Alucard is kind of a shit character from any perspective other than he's a cool character doing cool shit. Other than that there's zero things of interest going on with him. It works in the rare instant that you're making something like a cool pastiche like Hellsing. Where story and characters don't matter because everything is supposed to be batshit insane and carry everyone's interest.

That being said he's no match for a character like Kino. She's interesting, dynamic and takes part in a story that has her change and evolve as a character as she interacts with her world.

You realize that Alucard got raped as a kid, right?

On another note, I didn't think so many people hated him that bad.

Makes me wish I would've never picked him, let alone join the game, because this is bringing me flashbacks of when people would literally torment on me for liking certain anime/characters.

So, I'm done. Don't care who wins now...
Bro, it's a forum game on who we think is the better gunslinger. People are voting for the regular badass over a super-powered vampire who usually eschews his guns early in the fight. So don't act like your nomination losing is some personal attack by us. Both my noms went out in round 1 and you don't see me acting this way.

Look at this slick mutha fuckah.

tenor.gif

Just.

giphy.gif

Look.

tenor.gif

At.

fb1ba8f0d39303231405a489aa81722f.gif

Him.

tenor.gif

Peakaboo!

giphy.gif

Where is the gun? I don't see it? his only selling point is that he is a pervert?

Oh? You wanna see the gun? Well, alright.

e15387cf5c0b8b789a3903a8b2f3e2dc01125af2.gifv

tumblr_mjjmym8Jsf1s1ro9jo4_250.gifv

And now I refer to my previous post.

Ryo is a perv, but one with a heart of gold. Also, he doesn't rely on walking, talking magic bullets, but actual skills. Hand gun, rifle, knives, it doesn't matter, Ryo is a top marksman.

Ryo isn't gonna win any popularity contests any more, but he's still the better character, and easily the better shootist, between these two.

These posts aren't gonna change minds or hearts, but, is what it is.

tenor.gif

Back