Best Anime on Netflix

OfficialFanGirl

I feel like Netflix is becoming a good place to watch good quality anime lately and they even made some of there own right? anyways so im looking for the best anime on Netflix to watch thanks ! im watching full metal alchemist brotherhood on Netflix once I realized it was on Netflix I switched over to streaming it on there any other recs? also i already watched devil man crybaby too that was great id give that an overall 8

I really like Durarara https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/durarara
A kid moves to a new city and a whole ton of shananagins goes down. Some gang activity with bits of supernatural stuff

Nana https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/Nana
Two girls with the same name coincidentally meet on a train and become friends. It has a ton of awesome music and realistic types of relationships.
Also the Movie In This corner of the World is really good.https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/in-this-corner-of-the-world
It's really pretty and has realistily sad moments based around Hiroshima.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed B: The Beginning & The Seven Deadly Sins. Just got a notification from Aussie Netflix that they've started streaming Violet Evergarden which is supposed to be very good. Also on my to watch list from Netflix is: Children of the Whales, Little Witch Academia, Lost Song and Last Hope. I'm SO excited that Netflix have increased their anime and are creating originals as well. I have 3 current anime streaming subscriptions (Crunchyroll, AnimeLab & Funimation)... but there's always room for more. :)

have yet to see why so many are drawn to the new dmc... since netflix is a streaming site they will take off and bring back things. currently what's available I'm going with suggesting:

A.I.C.O for me it was a great scifi/horror I finished it in a day, I just could not stop watching it
Aldnoah Zero for the mech fans, similar to Gundam, but with a remote unique twist
B the beginning, already suggested, but also good
Kuromukuro mech and sword play, an interesting trapped in another time line scenario
they just dropped violet evergarden, it's not bad but since I'm not into romance, but it's gotten a lot of positive reviews
currently watching the Disastrous life of Saiki K. it's pretty much a random comedy parody sort of thing. it pretty much plays upon the puns of other anime, thus "breaking the fourth wall"
can't go wrong with Little Witch Academia, also a few OVA present

as for the movies my choices would have to be:

Blame! granted the art style is different but it's an interesting scifi one, same as Godzilla
Expelled from Paradise, it's basically a future movie as well and scifi, around people who have "shed their bodies" and only poor people, those "expelled" or those who wish to remain human still have flesh
not quite certain the fans of Gantz out there but Gantz:0 is a good one, as well as Harlock Space Pirate and the Arise Ghost in the shell prequel episodes present. even if you're clueless about the series, you're still going to be able to carry the plot
a couple sad ones are in this corner of the world, based upon a happy situation until ww2 rolls around and Miss Hokusai revolves around how women were seen in older Japan

so I hope this helps some. there are also still some Pokemon and Magic girl stuff left as well as Gunslinger girls, but, they've taken a few down, have to make room of course. at any rate, hope this list helps you and others with what's on netflix at this time, there are more coming and if you have the dvd option, you are able to add past streaming items if they are in print.

I really enjoyed B: The Beginning & The Seven Deadly Sins. Just got a notification from Aussie Netflix that they've started streaming Violet Evergarden which is supposed to be very good. Also on my to watch list from Netflix is: Children of the Whales, Little Witch Academia, Lost Song and Last Hope. I'm SO excited that Netflix have increased their anime and are creating originals as well. I have 3 current anime streaming subscriptions (Crunchyroll, AnimeLab & Funimation)... but there's always room for more. :)

Weird how you're only getting Violet now, we've had weekly updates here (Europe but not EU)

I need to watch Little Witch Academia for sure

Netflix anime is pretty limited here (getting there) but something I would recommend is Ajin. Decent show, OPs are amazing
Seven Deadly Sins is great, bingeworthy. Castlevania is short anime special thing I suppose, very good too.
I'm currently on AICO, it's okay but so far nothing special

Netflix doesn't have any original anime so far. They will claim that an anime is a 'Netflix Original', but that means that an anime was streamed on Netflix first.
Little Witch Academia TV was released on Netflix first, but there was no funding from Netflix.
I watched Neo Yokio and that was made for Fox Animation, but Fox declined to take that and Netflix scooped that mess instead.
Netflix has no standards, but they do have the budget for anime like HunterxHunter and newer anime.
Don't expect any quality control, as Netflix has no quality control. I'd like to have SOME consistency, you have to be careful when looking through their selection.

HunterxHunter was just taken off. Off to Crunchyroll!

Netflix has no standards

We don't have them either!
Bit off topic rant:
In all seriousness, they do have some crappy shows but they also have some good stuff. Main issue with Netflix, when it comes to anime, is the region restrictions. They don't let you use a VPN either (last time I tried with a Japanese IP it worked, but there were no subtitles in English) so it really limits what you can watch. Their simulcasting is a joke too, but you have to admit that it's still the best option when you want to binge watch something. *cough* crunchy roll player sucks and they need to add SKIP INTRO *cough*

If you haven't seen Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, it's on Netflix right now so DO IT.

Children of the Whales looks decent, might give that a go.

Weird how you're only getting Violet now, we've had weekly updates here (Europe but not EU)

I need to watch Little Witch Academia for sure

Netflix anime is pretty limited here (getting there) but something I would recommend is Ajin. Decent show, OPs are amazing
Seven Deadly Sins is great, bingeworthy. Castlevania is short anime special thing I suppose, very good too.
I'm currently on AICO, it's okay but so far nothing special

Netflix Australia is pretty crap when it comes to content. It has soooo much less than the US library of shows.. probably also less that UK and EU as well. We always seem to get things here super late. I generally watch new simulcasts for anime on either Crunchyroll (though some shows are blocked to Australia which is frustrating!) or AnimeLab (which is Aus/NZ anime streaming site).

Honestly, I find that the vast majority the anime selection on A-P is very solid, its just a small selection to begin with.

They also have the issue of rotating shows. FLCL, Blood+, and Elfin Leid all used to be on there.

Studio Polygon work is solid if you can get past the beyond shit animation.
Other things on there that are amazing include One Punch Man, Your Lie in April, Seven Deadly Sins, Robotech (Each season is a different anime, season one is Macross), Soul Eater, Silver Spoon, Kill la Kill, Madoka Magika, TTGL, Little Witch Acadamia.

And all the new shows that came up this spring

Devilman Crybaby my guys

He gave it an 8, read OP

Netflix is limited. They offer little in content as far as anime. I see some but, it is one or two new shows. It's the regurgitation that I can't stand with all commercial media. Cartoon Network and others do the same thing. Once in a while the throw you a bone to keep you coming back.

Hey
what about Aggretsuko I know I KNOW there is still the original but the netflix one is so good and ad0rable so if you like small chibi animals who sometimes sing death metal that your anime

Hey
what about Aggretsuko I know I KNOW there is still the original but the netflix one is so good and ad0rable so if you like small chibi animals who sometimes sing death metal that your anime

I found the first episode to be a bit meh and annoying to be truthful

So this is an interesting post, I actually been binge-watching a lot of anime on netflix.
So here's my take on it:
A.I.C.O is basically alright, maybe it was the dub I watched it on but I felt like it was overdramatic at point, and it kind of ruined the tone of the show. If you want something that has weird science fiction elements, and themes about what makes you human/on the level of a human, you'd probably like this.
Neo Yokio was a mess for me. I think Jaden Smith just doesn't mix with anime, watch it if you want something kind of like parody.
B the Beginning personally didn't like it, but a lot of people have. I found the plotline a bit too complex at times when I was watching it at night. It's got some good psychological and action in it. People describe it kind of like Psycho-pass, so if you seen that then maybe this is something you'd like. I think it's better than a lot of Netflix originals though.
Devilman Crybaby well I didn't like it -- just was too much of a gorefest for me. If you really like sexual themes, horror, and some moral ambiguity elements -- you would probably like this.
ID-0 it's such a plot mess, I really don't recommend this one. It tries to get more and more complicated as the series goes on that I lost interest.
Castlevania I really liked this one, it's mature and psychological. It isn't too long either.
Children of the Whales probably one of the newer ones I enjoyed the most, but the ending is kind of anticlimatic, I assume it's going to a season 2. I recommend it if you want some action mixed in world building elements.
Kuromukuro eh it's not bad, a bit generic for my personal liking though, it's mecha and action -- but the design is pretty nice, wish the mecha wasn't awkward 3d.
Swordgai it was... hmm.. okay I suppose. It's action and psychological, but I feel like there were too many small plots to bounce around to really focus on a cast. Just found the characters kind of "meh". I don't think this one was received well so probably want to avoid it.

I might have missed some originals, but those are the ones on top of my head. Just some other titles that may not be a netflix original that I do recommend checking would Fullmetal Alchemist brotherhood, Madoka, One Punch Man, Attack on Titan, Sword Art Online, Soul Eater, Gurren Lagann, Knights of Sidonia, Little Witch Academia.

I think a lot of good anime has been made over the last few years, "Your Lie in April" is one of the best anime I've seen.
Of course, "one peace" anime can also be one of the best anime in history.
For reviews of best anime so far you can visit Plaza Magazine (plaza.ir/mag)

Ok imma just list the ones I like that is on my netflix :)))
The highlighted ones are the real guuud shiet

FMAB
Your lie in april

Kakeguri
Erased
One Punch Man
Code Geass

Magi Adventure of Sinbad
Sirius the Jaeger
Angel Beats
Sword Art Online
Swordgai