Beginner Animes

ard9898

Hello everyone! I'm a new user here at AnimePlanet and I'm not sure what anime to watch first. What are some good beginner romance animes to watch?

Last edited:
Try "Vampire Knight"... it has romance, mystery, vampires, and the characters are really good-looking!
Second, "Say I love you" has romance, is about a popular guy and a shy girl, and is a slice of life genre (meaning about real life... no supernatural characters).

I always like to recommend Toradora to anyone looking for romance. No BL or Yaoi in that one since I don't watch those genres, but a strong cast with believable (if a little exaggerated) personalities and nice chemistry.

You could also try ReLife and its sequel. This one is not your usual romance show. Instead, it offers a look at the subject from a different point of view.

Finally, if you want something a little quirkier, try Arakawa Under the Bridge for a hilarious romantic comedy that doesn't take itself too seriously.

Hope you'll find something to your liking here and welcome to Anime-Planet. :)

here‘s a list!: https://www.anime-planet.com/users/knoxyal/lists/some-quality-romance-animes-124412
I‘d recommend any from the top 20, but I think it all comes down to the type of romance genre you‘re actually into.

Like if you want to watch a series with a fulfilling type of romance, then I’d recommend Kaichou wa Maid sama and Snow White with Red Hair.

Ouran High School Host Club and Gekkan Shoujo Nozakikun for comedy where romance isn’t really the focus (but if that doesn’t bother you, it‘d be a shame to miss those two...they’re both very impressive).

Back