Bakuman

Awesome episode. The comment the dad made about Saito to his mother was hilarious with her expression. This show is turning into something amazing, at least to me.

At the rate they're going 1 chapter = 1 ep I'm guessing there's going to be a second season?...I hope so since I don't see them cramming all the remaining content in 23 eps...

Episode 2 was good...I'm getting used to the animation...voice acting...etc...
It's always hard for me to be pleased with an adaptation of a manga I've read since they mostly never live up to my expectations...

Episode 2, I'm loving this series. Really the episode remained entertaining throughout especially at the end. I really didn't want it to end. I'm just hoping they can keep coming out with good episodes and not mess everything up.

At the rate they're going 1 chapter = 1 ep I'm guessing there's going to be a second season?...I hope so since I don't see them cramming all the remaining content in 23 eps...

Well, the first two chapters of a manga are always longer than the following, so maybe they'll speed things up from here on. 1.5 chapter = 1 ep would be okay. Though I've always thought that the perfect part to end the season with would be

when Trap gets cancelled...

passable. i might watch this one this season (the wife will watch it i think... which means I'll probably watch it whether i like it or not). nothing amazing but at least it isn't horrible like most of the rest of the season.

Well, the first two chapters of a manga are always longer than the following, so maybe they'll speed things up from here on. 1.5 chapter = 1 ep would be okay. Though I've always thought that the perfect part to end the season with would be

when Trap gets cancelled...

You're right...I forgot about that for some reason...I'm not sure if it'll get as far as you want it to go though...we'll see :P
Btw...why aren't you watching it? Gonna wait for it to end and then marathon it?

I find it to be kind of slow so far honestly. Certainly not bad but after 2 episodes I don't really feel like much has happened. I still have pretty high hopes though.

I don't get it, nothing really interesting or funny has happened for 2 episodes except maybe the general set up, but meh. I guess the manga must be really interesting or something so I'll keep watching for now I suppose. The art seems a little shitty at this point, the animation is shoddy, and the character design is lame except of the grandpa, he actually looks kind of cool. The main, his love interest, and mom have some real ugly designs going on imo. But then again, after only 2 episodes I guess one can't be too judgmental.

I don't get it, nothing really interesting or funny has happened for 2 episodes except maybe the general set up, but meh. I guess the manga must be really interesting or something so I'll keep watching for now I suppose. The art seems a little shitty at this point, the animation is shoddy, and the character design is lame except of the grandpa, he actually looks kind of cool. The main, his love interest, and mom have some real ugly designs going on imo. But then again, after only 2 episodes I guess one can't be too judgmental.

Hehe. I actually kind of like the look. Obata's character designs are at least INTERESTING if they aren't terribly attractive, and I don't find the animation overly shoddy. I think the thing you have to realize is that while this may APPEAR to be something different, it's a title with the same scope and purpose as Fairy Tail or the Big Three. As such, JC Staff knows they can't allocate too many resources to it, lest it cripple the studio.

That said, it IS taking a little time to get itself set up, but for me Takagi is dragging the whole thing forward. I think we should let the fact that the manga's been running for hundreds of chapters with a large following instruct us to give the show the benefit of the doubt.

"An anime about making a manga doesn't have the same charm as a manga about making a manga"
Not that I'm familiar with either, of course.

I don't know Patches.... do you wear glasses ? :D
Scanning over episode 2 looking for decent character screens I was struck by how much I did not care for the character design or the animation ..... but I will trust your opinion and stick with it. I have a feeling once the ball gets rolling there will be some interesting stuff that happens with the other manga artist and whatnot. Everyone else seems stoked on it so maybe I'm just crazy.

but comparing it with the big 3.....? that seems like a stretch. I guess we'll see.

I'm enjoying Bakuman more than some other anime. Also, if you google recursion it'll say "Do you mean recursion?".

To understand recursion you must understand recursion. At least that's how I was taught it:D

Anyways, I'm liking the entire set up of this series. It is one of the few series this season that doesn't around one guy trying to get a bajillion girls, twincest, or fighting.

It might be good but it's really slow. I might stop watching this as it comes out and just watch it all together so it doesn't lose any of its potential quality.

Back