Attack on Titan

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin

The art in the latest chapter (#43) is incredibly good. I'm having a hard time deciding on my new wallpaper here.

The last page, definitely. Maximum trolling :troll:

For a moment I thought the colosal titan caught Connie but no, someone unimportant (or that's I want to think). And Connie didn't see that they are Reiner a Belthord and he is still worried about them, this is interesting.

I think it might be someone else who they knew was a Titan but they couldn't get to him/her up until now. Dunno if it'd be an existing or new character, though. There are many of those who only show up once or twice in a scene where they kill a giant or are given orders by someone, but they still have pretty distinct character designs and their names are frequently stated. It could easily be one of those.

Anyway, just how obnoxious can people be?
Saying it was stupid for Eren to have that whole inner monologue about exterminating Ryner and the Titans, only to be smashed to the ground in the following pages...

Pointlessness and stupidity are not the same, for fuck's sake. The end of the chapter highlights the futility of Eren's efforts before someone who is still way more capable and experienced than he is. That's the essence of a tense situation, and the basis for growth.

Oh, as for my new wallpaper:
mehsj.png
:love:

Yep, it's weird that they complain about it. Besides, he's marking his hatred against Reiner, guilty of everything is happening. If they only fought a bit without comments, it would be silly that Eren doesn't care.

Uh, I never saw this. This happens in the trailer when you stop the video in the right moment:
lyV27U9.png
I'd say there will be blood. Id' say.

Yeah, that part of the trailer was well hidden but great.

---

I have a baseless idea about who the other person Bertholdt grabbed could be. As I've said before it is probably one of those characters who have had quite a few lines in the past, but that you wouldn't remember in the long run. And my choice in this case, considering what little is seen of the character's hair (seemingly blonde, middle length), and one appearance a little ago in the front lines, is this character:
Shingeki-no-kyojin-2559907.jpg

Rico, Squad Leader of the 1st Division Force of the Stationary Troops, and the sole survivor of her division in the mission to have Eren block the wall with the giant rock.
Rico - Shingeki no Kyojin Wiki

When I was thinking the other day of who it could be that Bertholdt grabbed she popped in my mind, and today I was reading the 3rd volume (just bought it!), and she was around for quite a bit.

As I say, this is absolutely baseless, and I only propose it because of her hairstyle, the fact that she fits the profile of a character who's been around without making much of an impression, and has notable skills like the rest of Titans hidden amongst mankind so far.

Whoever's in charge of the anime's site is pretty stupid:

?????? | TV???????????????

Why the hell would you add Ymir to the list of main characters when her name itself is a major reveal?

If the author didn't make Ymir one of the Top Ten students of the 104th promotion he had his reasons... and the main one is probably that he didn't want a situation in which her name had to be said. That way we wouldn't know until chapter 37 or so, and when we did we might remember that certain extra chapter and be like ''Oooooh shit...''.

Other than that... Mikasa and Christa look great, and...
Sasha NOT with black hair? :crying:
That'll take a while to get used to.

Well, it depends if they animate those omakes, usually they don't adapt it in another series (the cover's adventures in One Piece except two firsts), but on the other hand it is important for the plot and it appears in volume 4, so... I don't know. But I don't know if they don't say Ymir's name until that chapter.

And the designs are cool, although I expected that Sasha had black hair as well. It's great that they marked so good the facial details (and hair) that distinguish one from another, like eyes' form, grains, noses, faces shorter or longer... I love these details.

^ I'm pretty sure they don't say her name until the chapter I mentioned. After all, I was always wondering what the hell she was called. I had no choice but remember her as the Rude Freckle Girl.

That was, you know... the point of it. When they incidentally say Ymir's name (''she [Christa] is the girl that always goes with Ymir''), both the people from the Scouting Legion and us are surprised at the same time, because it matches the name from Ilse's story. The author has a knack for nonchalantly dropping these kinds of info bombs.

And it'd be plain wrong not to animate Shingeki's extra chapters. The first extra chapter is Rivaille's introduction, and in the second, if that wasn't important enough, there's the fact that a Titan spoke for the first time (that humans kept a record of).

*re-reads much of the manga*
Sunlight... dormant... hole in wall...
:...:
:cereal:
:pokerface:
Aaaaaaaaaah!

I just started reading and am caught up on this manga. This manga is sweet. Every answer comes with 3 more questions so I feel like this manga will be going strong for quite a while.

44: Awwww yeahhh...

This fight is great. Eren certainly didn't have a chance in a strength contest so he became the skillful underdog.

Dat moment when he used Annie's headlock... :megusta:

Also, Mikasa vs Annie... that shit's got to be damn epic... I was thinking we'd get the result of their match just before/after the result of Eren and Ryner's fight, so as to draw a parallelism, but... did Bertholdt just throw himself against them? Uh, well shit, then things might go ''a bit'' differently.

This is going to look so goddamn awesome when it gets animated that my chest hair will instantly grow into a jungle.

Last edited:

So, about this week's anime (obviously, people who haven't read the manga shouldn't open this)...

Just how awesome was that Ryner son of a bitch?

And just how frustrating is it to see him and Bertholdt joining the military like nothing happened? =D

You have done double-post so some people will open the first without your warning and say "WHAT THE FUCK FUCKING DICK" =D

^ Agh, I'm so tired of that happening lately... The forums are going really slow at times, so for some reason my posts are often sent twice.

Anyway, *deleted*.

Now let's get back to Ryner being both awesome and a bitch. =D

I found good the cronology change of the events, in the manga was for going to the action quickly, but it had disadvantages, for example, the characters, when they put ALL these new characters you don't know who they are when all the shit is happening, it's completely mess. Besides, the training of Eren being useless will have more impact when you didn't see it fighting against the Colossal Titan or something (well, you see the OP, yeah, but you get my point).
The bad point could be all the minor characters who died at the beginning/middle of the attack, the couple, the team of Eren/Armin... In the flashback they weren't there because they weren't important, but now, if at the end of the training they appear suddenly, when it begins the next invasion you will know that they are to die. I hope they have more trait with them for, when they die, it HURTS.

And about Ryner, he's truly an interesting character. Annie for example was lonely (except when she was training to Eren) and she was to the policy to be covered and without dangers, being more able to conspire in the shadows and being safe. But Ryner, although he was conspiring, fought very hard for example with the titans of the tower and without weapons. He went first to detect titans and one almost caught him, later he saved Connie and he barely saved himself putting his arm, and later he carried the titan to a window and tried to go out with the titan if Connie wasn't freed his arm from the bite. Of course Berthold is insecure and depends of him, but Ryner is too overbold, hell, he almost died thrice for saving others. Therefore, Connie appreciates him and ask that they saved them (he doesn't know that they are titans though).

And yeah, we have their past about Ymir as titan and a person devoured. Before we thought that it was while they ran away five years ago, but now that we know they are the titans, it could be in another moment, and that Ymir tried to kill them on purpose.
Anyway, I think this battle will not be a perfect victory to mankind, maybe they defeat someone (Ryner) but the other will escape with Ymir and the other one (who isn't Rico, she wasn't there, she was defending in another place). But what I expect is that they CALM A FUCKING MINUTE. A lot of things happened, from their viewpoint:

-Titans appearing from nowhere.
-Connie's town, without people, the titan that seemed to be Connie's mother (and they didn't kill it).
-That hairy titan who call to titans, throw rocks (enemy of mankind) and scale the wall Rose (not breaking the wall for another catastrophe).
-Christa/Historia telling all she knows.
-Ymir (if she isn't captured).
-Ryner and Berthold now.
-(This maybe not because they don't act like they saw it, but in the first pages of chapter 39 a titan devoured (or smashed) to another).
Not only we have to think about them, the characters too. I hope after this battle they can.

Anime 03:

Sooo, this little hint was already in the manga, and I didn't quite notice it until watching the episode for the second time, but...

Did anyone else catch how the screen switched to Reiner when Eren was talking about the Armored Titan? :troll:

Back