Attack on Titan The Final Season

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the mangaka say that the anime would have a different ending than the manga? So, it ending now actually isn't too surprising!

I think the animation still looks good! It looks a bit darker, which feels in-line for the way the series is going.

Could not tell that any of what you said was true by looking. Seems alright to me.
Looks really solid to me as well. Perhaps some minor changes to color palette, character outlines and CG usage, but not more so than the changes you could point out from any other season to its next.

MAPPA picking up the show is probably the best thing that could have happened in this situation. Will have to wait and see how the whole thing's been put together, but color me relieved for now.

Yuichiro Hayashi is actually an excellent choice of replacement director for this honestly at studio Mappa. The work he did on Dorohedoro recently was absolutely astoundingly done in how he adapted it when so many nay sayers believed that was unadaptable.

I don't think you guys have much to worry about. It's in good hands here.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the mangaka say that the anime would have a different ending than the manga? So, it ending now actually isn't too surprising!

I think the animation still looks good! It looks a bit darker, which feels in-line for the way the series is going.
Not sure where you got this, but can't say I saw it anywhere. Consensus is that manga should end soon and the anime will follow

Yuichiro Hayashi is actually an excellent choice of replacement director for this honestly at studio Mappa. The work he did on Dorohedoro recently was absolutely astoundingly done in how he adapted it when so many nay sayers believed that was unadaptable.

I don't think you guys have much to worry about. It's in good hands here.
I really hope so xD It looks a bit different, which is understandable, but it's still good. Story is what matters so I really hope they don't mess that up

I have been wondering while I was watching S3 part 2 back when it aired what utility combat-wise would Cart Titan have aside of carrying stuff, but the trailer cleared them up right away.

Btw, stay away from Twitter for a few days. They are posting a shitton of manga spoilers there

Where did you get that from? I'm really curious!
So, I've been trying so hard to find the source but I can't! Now I'm wondering if I invented, it, LOL! But I distinctly remember reading an interview with Isayama that said the endings would be different because
in one version, humanity would win and in the other, they would lose to the people on Paradis.
But take that with an entire pound of salt because I seriously can't find the article at all.

I think the best part of all the teaser materials that came out is the poster.

107759l.jpg

107759l.jpg
That's just completely perfect.

I also love the big focus on Reiner on the trailer, the poster, etc. Gives me extra confidence that they know what they're doing.

So, I've been trying so hard to find the source but I can't! Now I'm wondering if I invented, it, LOL! But I distinctly remember reading an interview with Isayama that said the endings would be different because
in one version, humanity would win and in the other, they would lose to the people on Paradis.
But take that with an entire pound of salt because I seriously can't find the article at all.
What you read was likely that Isayama originally had a different ending in mind for the manga as opposed to the one he's been working towards now. In the original one,
basically everyone would be dead. So if nothing else that tells us the actual conclusion we'll get won't be quite as nihilistic. Plus he did "leak" the manga's final panel.

I have never, ever read anything about a different end for the anime and at this point that would just royally piss people off for no purpose, so highly unlikely.

Last edited:
Ok for the record, I do not believe Hajime Isayama said anything about the anime having a different ending. It is true, however, that he said the manga to him, at least right now, is more like the rough draft, and to him, the anime will be the completed, fully realized form of the story. That's why he asked for so many minute and, to some degree, noticeable differences in the anime and how it played out. The switching of scenes, the complete removal of others, and even the addition of some. So, in a way, yes it is different from the manga, but it's still playing out in the same way.

107759l.jpg
Oh I absolutely love that.
Haha, if that turns out out be true, I'll definetly have mixed feelings about it. But I'll take your advice and take it with a grain of salt 'til then!

Back