Attack on Titan 3rd Season: Part II

3 (52):
The Marco scene is fucking cruel, man. Why must you hurt us like this?

Also, ZEKE FUCKING FINALLY. Please appreciate this sad, glorious bastard.
vWUPzBq.png

Cart Titan is fucking dumb, god.
JMGIKuk.jpg

Anyway they make some... not so subtle hints to things, bleh. I don't remember it being this obvious in the manga but maybe it was? Oh well.

PS Yes Reiner surviving is bullshit, but as I've said before, titan biology is complete and utter bullshit from the beginning. I have a lot of thoughts about Reiner but I'll save them until after he gets explored more in the anime.

PPS That mushroom cloud imagery... Isayama pls.

Can't believe it's a
baseball
episode next week!

EDIT:
Meh.

Smash up the wall (why not just do that the last time)?
I'll only comment on this part, but remember,
there are titans in the walls and it would probably not be a good thing if they, as Armin said ages ago, "took a walk", lol. If Bert releases the wall titans, he and his friends would also be unable to escape them.

Last edited:
What even is the Cart Titan's purpose? To carry things? Because no other Titan can carry things?

Not much to say about this episode. Now that I've read the manga, this episode felt a bit more rushed compared to the passed two episodes. I did like Armin confronting Bert, and the swelling background music. I do feel like Hange's team was sort of glazed over at the end there. Like, the manga did a better job of presenting the severity of the situation at this moment than the anime did this week. Other than that, I am looking forward to next weeks episode.

Also, I didn't know Zeke was blonde... I pretty much assumed he had white hair. Seemed like it suited his personality... where did he even get blonde hair from?

What even is the Cart Titan's purpose? To carry things? Because no other Titan can carry things?
Long-distance endurance and cargo transport. And other things that they use it for later.

Also, I didn't know Zeke was blonde... I pretty much assumed he had white hair. Seemed like it suited his personality... where did he even get blonde hair from?
I think he gets greyer after this battle, the manga covers he's featured on depict him as grey.
Su7Loqo.png

He gets the blond hair from his mother's side of the family, though.

Long-distance endurance and cargo transport. And other things that they use it for later.

I'm caught up on the manga, Cart Titan hasn't done anything that stands out in particular compared to any other Titan. What exactly are you referring to? Those sort of sound like generic Titan powers. None of the Titans seem to get exhausted from long-distance travel, and they are all already large enough to carry stuff.

I'm caught up on the manga, Cart Titan hasn't done anything that stands out in particular compared to any other Titan. What exactly are you referring to? Those sort of sound like generic Titan powers. None of the Titans seem to get exhausted from long-distance travel, and they are all already large enough to carry stuff.
Manga spoilers but only because I'm replying to someone:
The guns, lol. The other titans wouldn't be able to have guns equipped to them because they stand upright, and wouldn't provide a good mount for guns.

And the others do get worn out over a long period of time. When Reiner, Bertolt and Annie breached the wall, they almost didn't make it because Annie ran out of stamina since she had to run all the way there after Marcel got eaten, and the original plan was to have Annie and Marcel take turns carrying Reiner and Bert. Also, Eren's titan stopped being able to understand Hange's commands after an hour or so during one of their experiments, but Eren's titan's a weird case to begin with.

Cart works as a transportation titan because its host is able to stay transformed for a much longer period of time than the others. If you used, say, Armour to transport cargo, it wouldn't work as well because its host would need to keep transforming back into a human, or at the very least run out of stamina.

Honestly, some of the titans seem to not have any "special" powers as such and are mostly just there because of the way they came about. Like the Female Titan, who seems to be able to draw titans to it, but the Founder can also do that. And then there's Eren's titan, who seems to only be good at punching and absolutely nothing else. Cart's abilities are pretty shit too but I think I get what Isayama's going for with it.

Beast is a grey area because it's implied it's a different animal depending on who its host is (Xaver said that his Beast was useless in the war Marley was fighting at the time, yet if it was the same as Zeke's Beast, surely Marley would've been able to use it).

The rest at least have some kind of purpose, lol.

3 (52):
EDIT:

I'll only comment on this part, but remember,
there are titans in the walls and it would probably not be a good thing if they, as Armin said ages ago, "took a walk", lol. If Bert releases the wall titans, he and his friends would also be unable to escape them.

Thanks for reminding me that smashing walls isn't always the best strategy. However,
he wouldn't have to break down all of the wall. Just a part of it, no? I guess my question is really what is Berthold good for? All he is is huge. And big guys generally are just good for smashing shit up, not any kind of swift or precise operation. Hence I was wondering if his purpose in this episode is to smash the wall up, in which case why didn't they just do it the first time they came to Shiganshina, or any time between? (You've now explained why this can't be his purpose.)

Remember when they were like 'Berthold could block Levi's group and give them no escape by throwing fiery shit over the wall'. I'm like 'mmmkay, but he could also just smash down a part of the wall to let some titans through, or climb over the wall and stomp around, or any number of things. But then Beast-Titan is also big enough to hurl things, smash things... ugh. Just the more I think about it, the less I see any particular advantage in Berthold per se. He was a nice shock factor in the early parts of the story, but the more I consider his powers/features, the less I understand why he's in this plot.

Thanks for reminding me that smashing walls isn't always the best strategy. However,
he wouldn't have to break down all of the wall. Just a part of it, no? I guess my question is really what is Berthold good for? All he is is huge. And big guys generally are just good for smashing shit up, not any kind of swift or precise operation. Hence I was wondering if his purpose in this episode is to smash the wall up, in which case why didn't they just do it the first time they came to Shiganshina, or any time between? (You've now explained why this can't be his purpose.)

Remember when they were like 'Berthold could block Levi's group and give them no escape by throwing fiery shit over the wall'. I'm like 'mmmkay, but he could also just smash down a part of the wall to let some titans through, or climb over the wall and stomp around, or any number of things. But then Beast-Titan is also big enough to hurl things, smash things... ugh. Just the more I think about it, the less I see any particular advantage in Berthold per se. He was a nice shock factor in the early parts of the story, but the more I consider his powers/features, the less I understand why he's in this plot.
Honestly, the point of the Colossal imo is that it's big and scary and puts everyone off fighting it. It's more that it's so big and can nuke/burn everything around it than it actually being strong in the same way that, say, the Armoured Titan is, if that makes sense?

It's... kinda hard to explain without somewhat spoiling things but even then Colossal's main thing is intimidation plus being able to blow everyone up lol.

I'd say Bertolt's purpose in this episode was to A) defend Reiner and B) wipe out the Survey Corps's cannon fodder by setting things on fire.

Beast's outside the walls because he's better at long-ranged attacks. Throwing rocks isn't as effective if it's done up close.

Honestly, the point of the Colossal imo is that it's big and scary and puts everyone off fighting it.

All right. I'm in a place of acceptance. Colossal titan is just... colossal. Does what it says on the tin, and no more. Probably just one of those contrivances I'll have to endure while enjoying the rest of the show. In the mean time, put me down as one of those who will thoroughly enjoy Berthold's demise and eventual exit from the plot.

All right. I'm in a place of acceptance. Colossal titan is just... colossal. Does what it says on the tin, and no more. Probably just one of those contrivances I'll have to endure while enjoying the rest of the show. In the mean time, put me down as one of those who will thoroughly enjoy Berthold's demise and eventual exit from the plot.
I get you. It's the sort of series where the titan powers don't really make sense if you think about them too much lol.

To be fair I don't care about Bert at all, but it's not his fault the Colossal's the way it is.

Manga spoilers but only because I'm replying to someone:
The guns, lol. The other titans wouldn't be able to have guns equipped to them because they stand upright, and wouldn't provide a good mount for guns.

And the others do get worn out over a long period of time. When Reiner, Bertolt and Annie breached the wall, they almost didn't make it because Annie ran out of stamina since she had to run all the way there after Marcel got eaten, and the original plan was to have Annie and Marcel take turns carrying Reiner and Bert. Also, Eren's titan stopped being able to understand Hange's commands after an hour or so during one of their experiments, but Eren's titan's a weird case to begin with.

Cart works as a transportation titan because its host is able to stay transformed for a much longer period of time than the others. If you used, say, Armour to transport cargo, it wouldn't work as well because its host would need to keep transforming back into a human, or at the very least run out of stamina.

Honestly, some of the titans seem to not have any "special" powers as such and are mostly just there because of the way they came about. Like the Female Titan, who seems to be able to draw titans to it, but the Founder can also do that. And then there's Eren's titan, who seems to only be good at punching and absolutely nothing else. Cart's abilities are pretty shit too but I think I get what Isayama's going for with it.

Beast is a grey area because it's implied it's a different animal depending on who its host is (Xaver said that his Beast was useless in the war Marley was fighting at the time, yet if it was the same as Zeke's Beast, surely Marley would've been able to use it).

The rest at least have some kind of purpose, lol.

I mean, Colossal Titan could pick up those guns. e_e
Also, at this point, I feel like Eren could use his bullshit main character powers to pick up a heavy ass thing. Cause, he's the main character.

I know they abuse the stamina thing in this arc, but, still. Presumably, any Titan could pick up something heavier than what a normal person could pick up. They have significantly more muscle mass and such. Cart Titan might be specialized for carrying things, but again, that seems like a rather useless ability. Imagine if you were a main character and you were going to get blessed with some power and it was to just carry things really well. Like, you can pick up really heavy things with ease, and hold them for longer than normal. I mean, even humans can do that with enough muscle training.

I don't have much I want to say about the other Titans in this thread, because last season I was already accused of spoiling things for having read the manga of a show and providing "subtle" clues with my writing style. So... that's it? Beast Titan is spooky.

Episode 3
My body wasn't ready to see how Marco got killed. :crying:Poor dude died because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

You could say he

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

went nuclear

You shouldn't be allowed to post.

Episode 03

They talked with Bertholdt.

That's all.

Pacing much?

(Not that I was bored).
Right? This is beginning to approach DBZ pacing... and yet, much like DBZ, it still somehow manages to make no plot progression not feel as boring as it should...

Waiting for them to say "the city will explode in 5 minutes" and then still be fighting in the city worrying about the impending explosion 5 episodes later...

Right? This is beginning to approach DBZ pacing... and yet, much like DBZ, it still somehow manages to make no plot progression not feel as boring as it should...

Waiting for them to say "the city will explode in 5 minutes" and then still be fighting in the city worrying about the impending explosion 5 episodes later...
AOT always had an issue with pacing from the first season. It's one of the main reasons I disliked it in the first place. The third season is the first time I'm enjoying this show so I'm not really complaining much (though rip no more kenny, he was the best part about the show). I just wish they stopped ending every episode whenever they get close to the good parts.

Welp, Season 3 Part 1 just got me to watch not one, but ten episodes of Chinese cartoons in a day. Pretty neat.

Now the question was whether I'd have the self-control to wait until all of Part 2 is out before jumping in, and the answer is a predictable no.

AOT always had an issue with pacing from the first season. It's one of the main reasons I disliked it in the first place. The third season is the first time I'm enjoying this show so I'm not really complaining much (though rip no more kenny, he was the best part about the show). I just wish they stopped ending every episode whenever they get close to the good parts.
It definitely suffers from this, and it's part of the reason why I prefer the manga. Then again, the manga also has pacing issues and far too many cliffhangers, but I think it's meant to be the sort of series that's better when you binge-watch/read it. I put that down to it being a monthly publication plus it's Isayama's first series so he probably hasn't entirely worked out how to pace things properly.

It's particularly annoying at the moment in the manga because you're wanting certain things to happen but everyone's just sitting around and talking, lol. I don't care about so-and-so's conversations, show me what happened to this other character who was injured a few chapters ago, dammit!

Mmmm Mikasa fighting... need more of that.

Hey Reiner, your brains are showing!

(did they seriously just talk the entire episode?... MORE ACTION NOW!)

Back