Astra Lost in Space

Episode 2

I thought this was pretty good. Nice exploration of the Funi, Kanate and especially Quitterie. Didn't dwell on anything too long, but conveyed the feelings pretty well, as well as covering their first planet. If anything, it did feel a bit cliche, but I don't mind overly much.

Regarding the traitor.... The fact that Funi was adopted raises an eyebrow, but that feels a bit too easy. The fact that she was requested to come as part of the assignment is also equally suspicious, but I'm wondering if she has something to do with the ball. If absolutely forced to vote for a traitor, I'd say Charce. Maybe Luca. Yun-Hua and Ulgar feel like they're too obviously suspicious.

Here's my thoughts so far as someone who has read the manga(without spoilers):
Ep1 - Pretty well done, introduced the characters and set up the plot pretty nicely. Not many complaints
Ep2 - Kind of... a mess imo. Compared to the manga it flowed badly and even if you're only watching the anime I think you would notice. I hope not all the character development ends up like this.

Episode 2:
This was a pretty heartwarming episode, but now there are so many questions to be answered..! I am surprised that the loli is actually Quitterie's adoptive sister. I think something else is going on here, because they look too much alike to not be related. I wonder who the supposed traitor is though. I am guessing it is the quiet girl because it would just be too obvious if it was the edgy black-haired boy. Speaking of edgy black-haired boys, Ulgar is really giving me some TPN Ray vibes

Episode 3:
I think Zack might be the "traitor". It could be that the reason they were sent to space like that was planned by the authorities in order to test the group's survival skills and teamwork. So Zack, who's working with the authorities, tells the leader and then the rest of the group about this supposed "traitor", and leads them to think that this traitor wants to kill them all. This in order to create trust issues between the group's members, to see how they deal with the situation. Also, despite being the supposed "genius" of the group, he usually leaves it up to others to find solutions to problems that arise, saying he can't solve it in time or doesn't know what to do.

It also doesn't seem to make sense that one of them would be a killer trying to get the rest killed. If they're supposed to die, too, then why have a spaceship ready for when they teleport to outer space? And if not, why send themself with the rest of the group? If someone wished to get these kids killed, it shouldn't require such complicated measures to do so. Also, there's a perfect route for them to travel all the way back. Seems very much to me like this was all planned out as a trial for these kids. Perhaps they would be saved at the last second if they failed a dangerous task, or perhaps the authorities don't care enough to want them alive if they can't make it through the trial.

Episode 3:
I think Zack might be the "traitor". It could be that the reason they were sent to space like that was planned by the authorities in order to test the group's survival skills and teamwork. So Zack, who's working with the authorities, tells the leader and then the rest of the group about this supposed "traitor", and leads them to think that this traitor wants to kill them all. This in order to create trust issues between the group's members, to see how they deal with the situation. Also, despite being the supposed "genius" of the group, he usually leaves it up to others to find solutions to problems that arise, saying he can't solve it in time or doesn't know what to do.

It also doesn't seem to make sense that one of them would be a killer trying to get the rest killed. If they're supposed to die, too, then why have a spaceship ready for when they teleport to outer space? And if not, why send themself with the rest of the group? If someone wished to get these kids killed, it shouldn't require such complicated measures to do so. Also, there's a perfect route for them to travel all the way back. Seems very much to me like this was all planned out as a trial for these kids. Perhaps they would be saved at the last second if they failed a dangerous task, or perhaps the authorities don't care enough to want them alive if they can't make it through the trial.

Why does Ulgar have a gun then?

Ep. 3,
so for the most part Kanata is trying to narrow down who the culprit is. Quitterie's sibling brought more light on the subject, then they got hit by meteors, everyone's favorite space hazard. Good teamwork, especially with that shot Ulgar made. But the fact that Ulgar is hiding a gun means he has serious intentions towards another character, and I don't think he is the culprit.

Episode 1
The episode did a nice job of setting the scene for the rest of the anime. However, it did feel a bit long at ~45 minutes. I do like the diversity in the cast, both in personality and disposition. Kanata could be quite the interesting fellow, depending on how his character is developed, especially in relationship to the rest of the crew.

Episode 2

I thought this was pretty good. Nice exploration of the Funi, Kanate and especially Quitterie. Didn't dwell on anything too long, but conveyed the feelings pretty well, as well as covering their first planet. If anything, it did feel a bit cliche, but I don't mind overly much.

Regarding the traitor.... The fact that Funi was adopted raises an eyebrow, but that feels a bit too easy. The fact that she was requested to come as part of the assignment is also equally suspicious, but I'm wondering if she has something to do with the ball. If absolutely forced to vote for a traitor, I'd say Charce. Maybe Luca. Yun-Hua and Ulgar feel like they're too obviously suspicious.
You said
...the fact that Funi was adopted raises an eyebrow, but that feels a bit too easy. The fact that she was requested to come as part of the assignment is also equally suspicious...
and I completely agree with that.
Star Treeekie! I enjoy this pretty damn well. Feels nostalgic. 90s/early 00s....
Actually it reminds more of the original series Star Trek with a touch of the old series Lost in Space from the 1960's.
Episode 2:
This was a pretty heartwarming episode, but now there are so many questions to be answered..! I am surprised that the loli is actually Quitterie's adoptive sister. I think something else is going on here, because they look too much alike to not be related. I wonder who the supposed traitor is though. I am guessing it is the quiet girl because it would just be too obvious if it was the edgy black-haired boy. Speaking of edgy black-haired boys, Ulgar is really giving me some TPN Ray vibes
You said
...I am surprised that the loli is actually Quitterie's adoptive sister. I think something else is going on here, because they look too much alike to not be related...
I too was quite shocked when their relationship was revealed to be as such. However, I am unsure about what non-cliched plot device the writers could use to make it truly suspicious versus just a coincidence in their appearances.

Looking forward to episode 3. The first two were a solid start, albeit the back and forth frame size can be annoying.

Now we're getting into the good stuff. Will be interested to see who is the traitor.

A couple things I noticed...Aries was the person who suggested that they delay landing, which caused the ship to get damaged and could point to her being the "traitor." She also was the one who suggested using the backup generator to send power to the gravity machine, though, so maybe not. WHO CAN IT BE?!?!

Really enjoying this one, looking forward to more!

But it's so boring!...

I don't know if I can handle SOL in space. It's just so boring.

Sure the anime has nice visuals and music... but the rest is BORING!

Episode 3

As Kanata was struggling to narrow down the list of suspects, it crossed my mind that maybe this is all a part of a larger test? Maybe that wouldn't be quite as exciting though... Both Funi's reveal and the OP shot focusing on various parents makes it seem that the crew's families are in on whatever happened to them. Her adoption turnaround is just too weird to be a coincidence.

I don't think Ulgar is the traitor. He knows something, but I maintain that it would be way too obvious for it to be him. He's a great shot, though.

Now we're getting into the good stuff. Will be interested to see who is the traitor.

A couple things I noticed...Aries was the person who suggested that they delay landing, which caused the ship to get damaged and could point to her being the "traitor." She also was the one who suggested using the backup generator to send power to the gravity machine, though, so maybe not. WHO CAN IT BE?!?!

Really enjoying this one, looking forward to more!

Aries did cross my mind after episode 2, but I ruled her out after considering that she was likely to be stranded if Kanata and co hadn't thought fast in episode 1. If the traitor is going for murder/suicide she may make more sense, but I think her inner monologue ruled her out? I'll have to go back and watch that scene again.

Ep. 3,
so for the most part Kanata is trying to narrow down who the culprit is. Quitterie's sibling brought more light on the subject, then they got hit by meteors, everyone's favorite space hazard. Good teamwork, especially with that shot Ulgar made. But the fact that Ulgar is hiding a gun means he has serious intentions towards another character, and I don't think he is the culprit.

id say that its the ships pilot, zack, he is the lest suspicious as he found the problem but to me it seems suspicious that hes a ship scientist and at the start he wanted to save everyone, however you look at this it seems a bit too distracted from this character making it look like Ulgar is the culprit behind it by showing his gun

Episode 5
Is it just me or do all the parents of the "lost" children seem like ass holes!? They might be acting realistic in terms of their lack of financial support to continue the search, but as far as emotions go...they seem like they truly don't give a shit that their children are gone. Emma Spring (Aries mother) and perhaps Marco Esposito (Luca's father) and Sophie Lecroix (Charce's mother) are the only exceptions.

And Ulgar being the enemy? It seems logical but waaaaaaaayyy to clichéd and predictable to me.

thus far it's been showing that unique stance, as an avid watcher, I haven't seen this form of trying to survive. we've done many survivors but not space in this fashion. can be found on Hulu and funimation. I rather like how they made the parents real, so to speak, how they made some concerned, not concerned, realistic and some just down right cruel/indifferent. it's good that it's also helping those lost in space to find themselves as well as find their passions. guess if you take individuals out of something toxic, they might actually prove their worth to themselves as well as to others.

Episode 6

Did not see that coming with Luca. They actually handled his intersex reveal gracefully, and the story itself was respectful too. This is one of the episodes that showcases the show's strengths with its main cast. At times this show can seem a bit stereotypical (like with the Aries/Kanata crush stuff), but there is nice world building and character moments, like with this episode.

Another adoption sticks out again. Like Kanata stated, we're getting close, but I'm not 100% sure where the teens connect yet.

Something has always seemed a bit off about Charce to me, so we'll see how that turns out.

Last edited:
Back