Assassination Classroom

Gots me 2 under the belt. Karma can shake down a carnie vendor no problem! Nagisa well, you know. Ep 1-3

So fun fact, buddy groupers @SMores @UniversalParanoia1 @HKBattosai (and @Franconator because he didn't say he would join but he liked the post so sometimes I like to dream), I posted my thoughts in depth on this show episode by episode already in long-winded analysis format, so if you want to see my REAL thoughts on each ep collectively you can read back in this thread or S2's. For this watch through I'll be keeping the posts shorter so's not to repeat myself.

So fun fact, buddy groupers @SMores @UniversalParanoia1 @HKBattosai (and @Franconator because he didn't say he would join but he liked the post so sometimes I like to dream), I posted my thoughts in depth on this show episode by episode already in long-winded analysis format, so if you want to see my REAL thoughts on each ep collectively you can read back in this thread or S2's. For this watch through I'll be keeping the posts shorter so's not to repeat myself.

Sounds good. I’ll start it on Friday when my spring break starts. Also, are we doing 2 seasons or just one? (We might have already discussed this, but I didn’t get the #memo)

Lies, I'm sure you'll find reasons to write more essays again.

Oh, that makes sense I gotcha

It makes me want to cry happy tears that @UniversalParanoia1 will finally watch this show.

mksfg6l3je.jpg

Episode 1: In which I am reminded why I dropped this show 2 times after episode 1, before finally powering through... to about episode 3 or 4, where I got hooked. This episode just seemed so ridiculous the first few times I saw it. The situation was mildly amusing, but none of the jokes landed. A lot of AssClass jokes are bits that build up over time. Running gags and funny personality quirks. I initially assumed that it would be episodic, and didn't have high hopes for the overarching story, which is why the third time was the charm in getting me through to episode 2 and beyond.

The closing scene with Korosensei and the mystery woman did nothing to titillate me on my first viewing. As for this run through, consider me sufficiently titillated.

The animation and art style are outstanding, and it's amazing that they keep this up for 2 seasons. A lot of care went into making this show. What really blows my mind is looking at the size of that classroom, and remembering how much time the writers put in to eventually making you feel connected to everyone there
(and maybe even someone who's not there yet.)

Can I start episode 2 now? Screw it, I'm starting episode 2 now.

Yeah, I still think this is a great first episode but it's easy to see in its case why it loses some viewers. It's simply a little too out there. Granted, this is what intrigued me during my first viewing enough to keep watching. It's ridiculous and that is a good thing for me because it gets my attention.

I suppose I could offer that, something definitely different from the first time through, is that
Despite nagisa's impressive suicide move with no fear, it really doesn't become impressive until later, it's just a thing that happens- which stays in peoples minds all the same, probably contributing to the author's mode of making him such a great character in a more systematic way than plopping everything cool about him in front of you from the get-go like they do with karma, side effect is that in this episode he isn't all that interesting because we don't yet have any idea the significance of his fearlessness.

The situation was mildly amusing, but none of the jokes landed
personally, this show makes me laugh constantly and always has. Waxing fighter jets ftw. Was tentacles all along. And the class's commentary on the situation has always felt natural to me, that some jokes roll off so fast, it's almost like improv, exactly my kind of shit. And the laughs are always subversive of your expectations, like the nature of korosensei in spite of the ominous start of the episode.

IMO this is just an all around funny show

The closing scene with Korosensei and the mystery woman did nothing to titillate me on my first viewing. As for this run through, consider me sufficiently titillated
hell yeah for rewatch perks. Now stuff like that is easier to appreciate. This show has tons of rewatch value like that.

(and maybe even someone who's not there yet.)
Yup.
Consider me hyped for RITSU.

Yeah, I still think this is a great first episode but it's easy to see in its case why it loses some viewers. It's simply a little too out there. Granted, this is what intrigued me during my first viewing enough to keep watching. It's ridiculous and that is a good thing for me because it gets my attention.

I suppose I could offer that, something definitely different from the first time through, is that
Despite nagisa's impressive suicide move with no fear, it really doesn't become impressive until later, it's just a thing that happens- which stays in peoples minds all the same, probably contributing to the author's mode of making him such a great character in a more systematic way than plopping everything cool about him in front of you from the get-go like they do with karma, side effect is that in this episode he isn't all that interesting because we don't yet have any idea the significance of his fearlessness.

personally, this show makes me laugh constantly and always has. Waxing fighter jets ftw. Was tentacles all along. And the class's commentary on the situation has always felt natural to me, that some jokes roll off so fast, it's almost like improv, exactly my kind of shit. And the laughs are always subversive of your expectations, like the nature of korosensei in spite of the ominous start of the episode.

IMO this is just an all around funny show

hell yeah for rewatch perks. Now stuff like that is easier to appreciate. This show has tons of rewatch value like that.

Yup.
Consider me hyped for RITSU.

Question! Question! How many times have you seen it now?

Back