Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest

Discussion in 'Specific Manga Discussion' started by Yakoz, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Yakoz

Yakoz Well-Known Member

Posted by Yakoz on Jul 4, 2018
  2. Yakoz

Yakoz Well-Known Member

Sold on ch0 when
    a big ass Behemoth showed up, now that's exciting.
    A couple of chapters in and this feels like a sort of Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari, we'll see though.

3. Yakoz

Yakoz Well-Known Member

Chapter 4

Now this is getting interesting, finally. And a tad violent? My lord..
    [​IMG]

4. Yakoz

Yakoz Well-Known Member

Chapter 5

He ate an OP wolf and became Kaneki Ken, who would've thought?

5. Yakoz

Yakoz Well-Known Member

Finally caught up with this.
    I don't know what to expect from it. My only concern is how is it going to differentiate itself from the other isekai with op protagonists, that's going to be a challenge, the industry is flooded by isekai and reincarnation manga/anime. I think I'm going to keep it a low 6/10 until I see more. It's entertaining, yes. Not so original though.

6. Was planning on starting this, but I tend to be pretty hesitant when it comes to starting series that are only 20+ chapters in. Also, it's based on a light/web novel. Manga that are based off of light/web novels never seem to go very far, hey?

7. Yakoz

Yakoz Well-Known Member

Posted by Yakoz on Jul 7, 2018
    Yeah, if you have limited time, I don't think this is the recommended read.
    Yes, they struggle a lot, especially because they are often monthly releases. Manga based on light novels cannot interfere or even remotely catch up with light novels: different business and they all want $$ (unless they go different ways story-wise).
    I was having this discussion just yesterday, in particular talking about isekai: they all start, they never seem to finish.

But if you look at the bright side, once you're caught up you can leave the manga sitting there waiting for some more development. Not the worst decision, I'd say.