Anime-Planet Secret Santa 2021

Discussion in 'General Anime Discussion' started by NorthPole, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Noitra

Noitra Well-Known Member

I am glad you liked them. I found Brave Story extremely underrated. That is why I recommended it.

2. Noitra

Noitra Well-Known Member

@Clotilde Hello My Santa,
    Sorry I couldn't finish all the anime and manga you have recommended. But I really really REALLY enjoyed Poyopoyo. It's so cute, funny and lovely. I gave it a 10/10 and it was way better than Chi's Sweet Home.

Thanks a lot for your recommendation. Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

EastIsEarly, Rascal, Clotilde and 3 others like this.
  3. KarinXOXO

KarinXOXO Database Moderator

I am glad you liked! Hoping you had a beautiful holiday and happy 2022!

4. KarinXOXO

KarinXOXO Database Moderator

@Mullen My dearest Santa, thank you kindly again for the recommendations. I simply adored Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu. I will watch season 2 sometime in the new year since I am a completionist. As for the other recommendations, I have added them to my want-t0-watch list and do intend on watching them in the near future.

Hoping you had a beautiful, romantic-in-some-fashion holiday and warm wishes to you and yours for 2022!
    [​IMG]

Mullen, Warpuppy, EastIsEarly and 2 others like this.
  5. SpiritOfCoffeeMug

SpiritOfCoffeeMug Well-Known Member

Glad you liked my picks! It was really fun to choose a present with someone who seems to enjoy same sort of shows as I do, and the episode limit + the fact you had seen majority of the shows I wanted to pick gave it a nice little challenge.

6. LadyPsychic

LadyPsychic Well-Known Member

It was a little late, but I finally finished Keep Your Hands Off Eizoken! It was really great and I enjoyed it.

7. Kiyoka

Kiyoka Member

@HasseRovdjur

Thank you so much for your recommendations! I'm sorry that I haven't written a lot so far, December turned out to be busier than I expected.

I finished Natsuyuki Rendezvous and Haibane Renmei, and I'm halfway through Mawaru Penguindrum. I haven't started Kaiji yet, but I definitely plan to watch it soon! Perhaps even after I've finished Mawaru Penguindrum, depending on how much time I have, as I also want to check out the manga for Kaiji.

Natsuyuki Rendezvous - 7/10
    Quite a unique premise and I was very intrigued by this show in the first episodes, however, I lost interest a bit once the deceases husband took control over Hazuki's body. It was still interesting, but there was too much focus on the relationship between Rokka and Shimao (in Hazuki's body) and not so much between Rokka and Hazuki himself, at least for my taste. My favourite moments were actually those between Rokka and Shimao in the past.
    However, I really liked that it featured adult characters as I feel that there are not enough good romances with adult characters and it is rather unusual that the woman is a few years older than the man (Rokka is 30 and Hazuki is 22).
    Also, that final episode had me for a moment. I seriously thought that Rokka and Hazuki (Shimao in poor Hazuki's body) would commit suicide together. I honestly don't know how I would have rated that had they followed through with it.
    A decent watch overall, I just wish the focus would have been more on Hazuki and Rokka.

Haibane Renmei - 8/10
    I heard a lot of good things about this show beforehand and I can definitely see why it is considered a masterpiece by many. While it did not reach that point for me, I enjoyed it a lot nonetheless. I have to say that I preferred the first episodes up to episode 6, the carefree slice of life aspects and Rakka getting used to that fascinating new life. The ending of episode 6 caught me by surprise and that was when the tone of the show shifted and became more sad. I was not really in the mood for that, honestly, and again, that shift in tone came very surprising to me. I should perhaps rewatch the show once I'm craving some drama. Still, I absolutely loved the final episode, the ending was perfect for me.
    One aspect I really liked was the world itself and to me it was a bit sad that so many questions were left unanswered. I can see that the questions are left open to interpretation, but to me it was a bit frustrating in the end ^^"

Mawaru Penguindrum - 8,5/10
    So, I've watched the first 12 episodes and so far, I love it! I watch two episodes a day which seems like a good rate for me. So, I'd say that Mawaru Penguindrum is my favourite recommendation so far.
    Funnily, when I read the title, I thought 'Didn't I put this on my ptw list?' Turned out I didn't, but I wanted to due to Mawaru Penguindrum receiving a (German) dub and I planned to wait for the dub. But oh well, I got curious and I obviously don't regret qatching it subbed. Guess I'll just rewatch it once the German dub is available.
    I just love the twists and how the story unveils itself bit by bit. I'm curious how it will continue, there are still more than enough plot threads to connect and probably more twists to follow.

Thanks again for your recommendations! As you can see, I enjoyed them quite a lot.
    I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas holiday! ~

8. ermo

ermo Active Member

Posted by ermo on Dec 28, 2021
    @JordanJas
    Thanks for the recommendations. I'm sure it was quite hard to pick something for me with the hope, that I will like it. I think you perfectly nailed it with Arte on the list.

I have one more to go. If I continue with ABC and I will have a Chinese square coming up I will promise, that https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/mo-dao-zu-shi will be that one.

Happy New Year!

9. Shirokuma

Shirokuma Member

You're very welcome :) It was a bit of a challenge with so many shows, but I hope I gave you something new to watch (and, hopefully, enjoy) ʕ ◠ᴥ◠ʔ

10. Kakajoju

Kakajoju Well-Known Member

I'm really glad you enjoyed them!
    To be honest Kids on the Slope was the one I was the most nervous about recommending. I noticed that you rated josei anime pretty high so I picked it because it had good ratings in the tag. So it was awesome when it ended up being your favourite!

11. JordanJas

JordanJas Bronze Supporter

I am glad you enjoyed Arte! Our tastes were really different so I was worried you wouldn't be interested in any of them!

12. Taybella99

Taybella99 Well-Known Member

A few days late, but thanks @Lisebell for the recs.
    I finished 4/7 and the others have been added to my list. I was hoping to finish them all, but unfortunately school and holidays got in the way of it. Of the four that I completed, I enjoyed all of them, but Howl's Moving Castle was definitely my favorite.

13. Lisebell

Lisebell Active Member

@Taybella99 Glad you enjoyed them! I ended up giving you a real grab bag of different things in the hope that you'd like something in there.

14. Franzi

Franzi Well-Known Member

Thanks so much! I did really enjoy it. I'm really sorry I didn't manage to finish any of the rest, I was way busier this year than I usually am. I am part way through mo dao zu shi and I'm loving it so thank you very much for that one as well! I promise to work my way through the rest once I have the time. Yule tidings, merry Christmas and a happy new year xxxxx

15. emsfrase

emsfrase Member

2 years in a row my secret santa didn't watch any recs despite giving extra recs :// I was given cool recs tho that I hope to watch more of this year!

16. LadyPsychic

LadyPsychic Well-Known Member

This is very late but I finally started watching Link Click. In hindsight, it was a good thing that I didn't watch it till now because I now get to use it for the Eleven Deadly Sins Challenge.

rekindled likes this.