Anime-Planet Secret Santa 2021

Discussion in 'General Anime Discussion' started by NorthPole, Nov 12, 2021.

1. WeirdFrance

WeirdFrance Member

@Gaia1103 I am so sorry for not giving regular updates as I have not been able to sit down and enjoy my presents until now. Yesterday I had finally started Psycho Pass! Interesting really, looking foward to understanding more of it. Happy holidays! I hope you are having a woderful time surrounded by loved ones!!!!^^
    Thank you for your lovely present!

2. WeirdFrance

WeirdFrance Member

I was really excited giving your recommendations, especially manga wise!!! It was so hard to choose just 3! I'm happy you ejoyed them. Happy holidays!

3. howtoprocrastinate

howtoprocrastinate Well-Known Member

Thanks for the recommendations @KathyKatz! Most of the recs you gave me were collecting dust in wtw list. I'll have to give them a watch after Christmas.

4. Fluffs

Fluffs Database Moderator

It's wholesome that you guys got each other ^^

5. NaelSchenfel

NaelSchenfel Well-Known Member

@Cherstal I'm SO glad you've been enjoying them <3 I got on cloud nine when I read your first comment about The Gods Lie. While I was stalking you, I got really worried to see you've dropped Komi Can't Communicate because it's been one of my favorite animes; that made me think "oh damn have I read her tastes wrong??? WHAT IF SHE HATES EVERYTHING ELSE???" so I'm trully happy to see I'm scoring a close to 100% so far ^^ I got lucky getting you as my recipient.

As for my Santa, once again I didn't get a very active one (last seen: december 5) but... @MokraMrkva , looks like we got pretty different tastes. I'm guessing you had a hard time picking something for me, and I thank you a lot for your thoughts.

6. NorthPole

NorthPole Well-Known Member

For future reference please tell me if something like this happens and we'll be able to find another santa so you can still have the experience of having an actual secret santa whilst still having the option to watch the other picks.

I still hope you did enjoy either way.

Timed, EastIsEarly, Qplayer and 5 others like this.
  7. tigian

tigian Member

I actually gave you that one thinking that maybe you could not like because you specifically asked for stories without tragic MC's, but that one is very beautiful so I decided to give it a go anyway, I'm glad that you enjoyed it

8. Partiallygore

Partiallygore Active Member

Omg, I can't believe you got me! Seriously tho thanks for the recs bro and there's no need to apologize, I'm still aiming to finish Outlaw Star and Clannad (+After Story) as I've enjoyed them so far but ended up having much less free time than I thought I would during December, plus you gave me an excuse to catchup to the ToG webcomic. Priconne was enjoyable throughout and a perfect rec for me and Nichijou was a well thought out rec since I've watched shows like Lucky Star and Azumanga Daioh, but unfortunately the characters and humour simply weren't for me.

So in the end, thanks once again for the recs, honestly couldn't have asked for a better secret Santa! :D

9. Gaia1103

Gaia1103 Member

I'm glad you liked my recommendations!! I put a lot of thought into them since I could only choose three. Especially Classmates since it's one of my favourite BL! It is indeed very different from the usual yaoi plot, but that's what makes it special. I hope you'll enjoy the other recommendations when you have time to watch/read them and happy holidays to you too!! <3

10. Gaia1103

Gaia1103 Member

Yes, I totally agree and I’m happy that you found something interesting from my list as well. If you want we can share more BL recs in the future :) Also, I look forward to the continuation of Charlotte: the plot structure feels very similar to Angel Beats, which was a recommendation I got last year, so I'm even more curious.

11. rekindled

rekindled Well-Known Member

I didn't think it was a big deal as I'm not really into trying to work out who Santa is so it didn't have any impact on my enjoyment and as such I didn't mention it. Besides my list is rather large and picking can be difficult so I wouldn't want to waste the work someone went into doing picks which was the right call given what they ended up picking!

I also thought it would have been hilarious if it had been an epic troll by someone putting down a fake name. But at any rate I only brought it up for their info moving forward. =D

12. Kakajoju

Kakajoju Well-Known Member

Thank you for the recs @Twi ! I really enjoyed them.

13. Kifinosi

Kifinosi Member

@Darkshadow2905 Thanks for the recommendations! I really appreciated how thorough you were with explaining them all and why you thought I would enjoy them. I watched and made a review for Sakurada Reset, and I'm intrigued by Chivalry of a Failed Knight, so I'll be checking that one out soon, at least. Also, now I'm extra determined to watch One Week Friends, so I should have a great anime start to next year. ^_^

@Qplayer Awesome, I hope you genuinely enjoyed my recommendations! You certainly have good taste in anime, so I really didn't want to disappoint. :-)

14. naterbug8278

naterbug8278 Well-Known Member

To my Recipient:
    DUde @Nekus we have seen like, an incredible amount of the same stuff, so i apologize with Jashin, was kinda last minute throw in there lol, knew it was huge hit or miss. Really REALLY glad you liked BanG Dream, am die hard Roselia fan over here. Hope you had a good Christmas, and ill see you in the thread for whatever the next idol show is, maybe it will be Not Idoly Pride part 2?

Hello santa how are you
    Okay @oOoFusseloOo first things first I'd like to apologize that i was hella busy and couldn't watch all 3 before christmas, but just saying I will watch them. Enjoying the heck out of Unlimited Karen Children something or other, deadass considering watching the OG with the girls...

Hope you had an nice Christmas yourself and thank you for the anime! Am most certainly enjoying them.
    Now im going to go into a pie coma and watch anime. Merry Christmas to everyone else here! Hope you got some good anime to watch! :balloon:

EastIsEarly, Qplayer, Rascal and 4 others like this.
  15. Nekus

Nekus Well-Known Member

Hey @naterbug8278 thanks for the recs!
    As I said already Jashin could have ended up well so it was still a good rec dw!
    The little I saw of them in s1 made me really interested, and I see they have their own movies so I'm excited to see more!

I hope you had a good time as well, and next year we'll at least see each other in the 2 love live threads I hope ^^
    To @KatieFox97, I'm glad you enjoyed Tsuredure Children! I hope you had a nice Christmas ^^

16. howtoprocrastinate

howtoprocrastinate Well-Known Member

It's so funny 'cause I thought it was no one on the Bingo team and was for sure wrong lol

17. meganeorcx

meganeorcx Member

I really wanted to recommend a manga but didn't feel like I had read anything you'd love and Kiss Him, Not Me was the one I felt had the best shot at being a enjoyable read (despite the school setting and all that, I'm sorry!) So thank you for still checking it out and I'm glad you liked the anime recommendations! :-) I've read some of the Kobayashi manga and it is certainly enjoyable as well so have lots of fun with that!

@Kakajoju I'm so happy to finally know who my Secret Santa is so I can properly thank you for the absolutely amazing recommendations! I haven't been into anime the way I used to but watching Kids on the Slope and Heaven Official's Blessing gave me so many feelings and I'm also really enjoying the manga rec, so thank you so so much!

Happy holidays! ✨

Starletka, Safaq, OkamiHime95 and 2 others like this.
  18. LadyPsychic

LadyPsychic Well-Known Member

Ah, I didn't know Funimation had a free option (I kept asking but nobody answered me). Well, now that I know, I guess I'll check it out.

19. FoxNEET

FoxNEET Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
  20. Bestanimeserie

Bestanimeserie Well-Known Member

@Shirokuma Thank you for the recommendations! I loved the variation you've given me and it was lovely to check out some shows I never heard of before! I, unfortunately, was too busy to finish them all but I definitely will finish them off in the coming days. Cheers!