Anime-Planet Secret Santa 2021

Discussion in 'General Anime Discussion' started by NorthPole, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Warpuppy

Warpuppy Well-Known Member

Well I guess I am gonna join the "Put Library War on my WTW List" Bandwagon. I will get to it eventually.

2. OkamiHime95

OkamiHime95 Well-Known Member

I'm on my phone right now, so hopefully my multi-quotes don't mess up or look weird. :sweat:

I vote for Mononoke.

Yes lol. (At least the stuff that I've never heard of, or haven't put in my wtw list yet, but still piques my interest. :P)

I'd say leave it for last, but it's up to you. :P

3. SpiritOfCoffeeMug

SpiritOfCoffeeMug Well-Known Member

Here's what I received:
    Show by rock!!
    Fairy Ranmaru
    Tegami Bachi: Letter bee

Also two extra short manga coming with the spirit of Christmas:
    Mr. Mini Mart
    Uchi no Maou Kamimasen yo

Only one that I'm actually familiar with to some degree is Show by Rock, and I've probably heard about Fairy Ranmaru at some point, but the last one doesn't ring any bells.

Will probably start with Show By Rock or Tegami Bachi one. As for manga I'll try to get on the Uchi no Maou Kamimasen yo-one first. But as is tradition everything that I don't manage to watch will go to my never-ending, too long PtW/PtR-list.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  4. OkamiHime95

LOVED Those Snow White Notes, but then again I could be biased since I love Shamisen music, and traditional/folk Japanese music in general. Tokyo Ravens I heard is really good. Revengers though, well, just...be prepared. I liked it, but I won't say much more because spoilers. If you happen to like Revengers, there's a Chibi version that's like a side-story thing.
    Ah, Letter Bee. I feel like that one is kinda underrated. Which reminds me, I really need to finish the rest of the anime.

5. tigian

tigian Member

Nope, certainly not...
    I already got a bunch of nice recs from other santas, and also saw some that made me think I should've recomended that to my pick

6. Lisebell

Lisebell Active Member

7. Qplayer

Qplayer Well-Known Member

ALL CAUGHT UP TO THIS POINT!

110 unique anime recommended (I almost forgot the ones recommended to me lmao).

Made in Abyss joins Kino's Journey as the only other 3 recommended anime (sorry Rascal).

8. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

9. OkamiHime95

10. NaelSchenfel

NaelSchenfel Well-Known Member

Just noticed that my third gift is way over the 60 chapters I asked for a limit. I'm still trying it but I don't know if I'll be done by Christmas...

positiv2, tigian, Starletka and 5 others like this.
  11. FoodLife

FoodLife Database Moderator

12. KatieFox97

KatieFox97 Active Member

My Santa's picks this year were:

Tamako Market
    Free
    Tsuredure Children

Super excited about all of these. I'm going to start with Tsuredure Children, hopefully tonight. I won't be active this weekend though since I'm going to visit family. I'm going to try to finish all my recs by Christmas but no promises.

13. Sabure

Sabure Well-Known Member

I started Those Snow White Notes today. Amazing how much great sound the shamisen can produce despite having only 3 strings.

14. Hello!
    Happy December! Already listening to holiday music!
    For my recs I received:
    Haru's Curse
    I really want to read Haru's Curse, as i'm a huge melancholy fan and from my santas description, I'll probably procrastinate on tasks to read this tonight :>
    Boy Meets Maria
    Having a relatable manga filled with emotions is just my style, going to have a blast reading Boy Meets Maria.
    Blue Box
    I Adore Shounen Jump, sports and romance, so having a sports manga intertwined with romance is just so lovely. I do read a bit of sports 0-0
    Thank you my secret santa and happy holidays!

15. Cherstal

Cherstal Well-Known Member

Holyyyyyyy--my Santa's got good taste!
    The Gods Lie
    Bloom into You
    Kaichou Wa Maid Sama
    Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou (Girls Last Tour)
    Our Dreams at Dusk

Thanks for the recs, I can tell you put a lot of thought into them and I loved reading your commentary! In fact, after seeing what you wrote about it, I went ahead and read all of The Gods Lie. I was so curious--I'd never heard of it before and the 1-volume count tempted me. And let me just say: you were right Santa, I love me a mature drama and that hit the spot. I'll probably end up posting about it at some point on its page once I've had some time to re-read/process, but for now I'll say
    • art style cute and expressive, I like how it conveys a sense of comradery between the characters both during lighthearted moments and dramatic ones
    • satisfying story. This was the biggest surprise for me, I was a little bit worried with just 5 chapters but it turned out to be just the right length for the type of story they were telling. I liked the ending and there's a lot of depth to dig into with the themes and characters
    • good character chemistry! there were a couple.. strange moments sprinkled through, ngl, but overall I was sold on the friendship --> romance
    • THE DRAMA. bro chapters 4 and 5 had me reeling. Just. Wow. They really went there huh. When Rio ran into her dad in town I GASPED. What a wild ride to the finish line

16. Taybella99

Taybella99 Well-Known Member

17. AnnaSartin

AnnaSartin Database Moderator

A Place Further Than the Universe is a great rec for wintertime. You can watch people freezing their ass off while you're freezing your ass off.
    :drink:

18. LadyPsychic

LadyPsychic Well-Known Member

Here's the picks I got from Santa:
    Keep Your Hands off Eizoken
    Hi Score Girl
    Link Click
    Vinland Saga

This looks like a good selection of anime and I'm excited to watch them! My only concern is that I might not be able to watch Link Click since it's on Funimation (it's my fault since I didn't specifically state "do not choose Funimation exclusives since I don't have Funimation"), but I shouldn't have any trouble watching the others (unless my parents stay up real late since I can only watch Netflix and Prime after my parents go to bed). I'll definitely be able to finish Keep Your Hands off Eizoken, at least (and if my parents don't get long bouts of insomnia, I'll be able to finish Hi Score Girl and Vinland Saga, too).

19. gravityleap

gravityleap Active Member

can confirm, I was given that one the first year I participated and I still love it

20. StarPlatinum23

StarPlatinum23 Well-Known Member

My Secret Santa wants me to watch
    1. Akame ga Kill
    2. Angels of Death
    3. Konosuba S1

The first 2 are from my WTW list and Konosuba I put on hold after 2 episodes. I think when I was watching konosuba, I was not in the mood to watch anime and just never got back into it (like half of the anime on my stalled list lol). I also actually watched like 10 mins of the 1st episode of Akame but stopped to find a better place to watch it on (but again never went back to). Glad for my picks and can't wait to get started!