Anime-Planet Secret Santa 2021

Discussion in 'General Anime Discussion' started by NorthPole, Nov 12, 2021.

1. JamesSofort

JamesSofort Database Moderator

I sended my recommendations yesterday after giving it a lot of thought.

This year was somewhat harder to pick because I had a lot more of watched animes than last year and my recipient has already seen a lot of the anime I watched.

Hope my recipient enjoys them, otherwise fill a complaint form.

2. OkamiHime95

OkamiHime95 Well-Known Member

No problem. :) I sent you a PM!

Starletka, Warpuppy and Rascal like this.
  3. Kakajoju

Kakajoju Well-Known Member

Well, I've sent my picks after like quadruple checking them over.
    Thankfully, it was frankly easy to tell what my recipients tastes are. Not so thankfully they were into genres that I'm not so versed in. But hey that's what the fun is all about. xd
    Fingers crossed they'll enjoy them.

4. AnnaSartin

AnnaSartin Database Moderator

You came back this year. Now you're never allowed to leave! #oneofus

5. AnnaSartin

Don't worry, you'll all reach an epic level of Don't-Give-A-Fuckery if you stay in the anime game long enough. After 4 decades of being a fan, my "Give-A-Fuck" is dead, cremated, and had its ashes scattered long, long ago. I've watched and read all kinds of odd shit for challenges, recs, watching/reading with friends, and being on the mod team. Especially dealing with tags. You know all those lovely trigger tags on the site that warn you about upsetting content so you avoid it if you want? We check those for accuracy. (I've read through so many titles checking user requests for the sexual abuse tag people probably think I have a rape fetish) So if people raise a few eyebrows viewing my lists I can hardly blame them, but do I give a shit? Not at all. Watch what you want, read what you want, participate in the challenges that you want. Don't worry about people judging you, just enjoy being a fan and don't be afraid to try new things!
    :drink:

6. Scalpelexis

Scalpelexis Database Moderator

Alright-y! Sent mine, though it always gets tough to recommend genres which you don't watch that much. It gets more challenging and I like that O:-) I hope I found a great mix of recipient's wishes. Ho ho ho!

7. Timed

Timed Well-Known Member

I have been trying to stay caught up with this thread to see what people are saying, and between me participating last year, and this year... I can definitely agree with this comment. I haven't been bothered to try and think of what I have watched over the Spring Bingo Challenge to get first place, but it was all over the place.

8. JordanJas

JordanJas Bronze Supporter

You left and I took first in the Summer and so far am on track to take first again. Any interest in coming back to try and beat me again?

9. Timed

Timed Well-Known Member

I was thinking about coming back this season, but I decided not to, but I do plan on coming back at some point, maybe next season, but watching that much for my 1st place caused a lot of burnout. I missed out on watching seasonals from last season, and I am starting to lag behind for the few from this season I am watching.

10. Deimock

Deimock Member

Well, I've sent my gift. Maybe it's the first time I feel a little confident about my picks. I really hope my recipient like it.

11. Pyroblade

Pyroblade Database Moderator

I think more than stalking my recipient, I'm trying to figure out who has me. I was lucky enough last year because my santa had a lot of complaints, but I don't know if it's going to go as well this time around. It'd be great to figure it out without them knowing, but I'm not confident.

12. Timed

Timed Well-Known Member

Unlike last year, I am trying to see if I can figure it out, but I am not entirely sure, so far I have 2 suspects to who could be my santa this year, but I am not sure.

13. Warpuppy

Warpuppy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Qplayer, Hayane and Rascal like this.
  14. Warpuppy

Warpuppy Well-Known Member

I think we had over 200 players last year and most of them were people who almost never participate in the forums, so unless you look at every profile to see who has watched all of the anime that was recommended to you it's near impossible to figure it out. Even then, there are some people who unmark the anime they sent to make it impossible to track.

That aside, while I don't think I can figure out who came up with my recs, I did come up with a suspect for NorthPole's true identity.

I'm curious though, how do you have suspects when gifts haven't even been sent out yet?

EastIsEarly and Rascal like this.
  15. Timed

Timed Well-Known Member

I was looking through the thread to see what some of the other people have said, and there were 2 in particular that caught my eye... but in the end, there really isn't too much to go off of, so I have my doubts about it.

EastIsEarly and Rascal like this.
  16. Rascal

Rascal Silver Supporter

Exposed for excellent, EXCELLENT taste

17. Max4444

Max4444 Well-Known Member

Popee the Performer is a masterpiece and I am not ashamed to say it.

18. Lisebell

Lisebell Active Member

I don't always recommend anime that I have personally watched either. Sometimes I rely on how much friends liked watching the series, or things that I think I might like and want to watch but haven't gotten around to yet lmao

Warpuppy and Starletka like this.
  19. AnnaSartin

Everybody knows it's Santa of course!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  20. featherstone

featherstone Active Member

Let the guessing game begin :)
    Last year I was trying to figure it out. Thought I was close, since the picks were somewhat unique, but failed anyway.

Ps. I'm probably not your SS.

EastIsEarly and Warpuppy like this.