Anime-Planet Secret Santa 2020

Thanks @tvda1205 for your picks! I haven't had the chance to start the other 2 picks (holidays have been more hectic than usual) but I'll eventually watch them

If anyone is curious about the shows I chose for @EuMesma they were

- Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou
- Golden Kamuy
- Ani ni Tsukeru Kusuri wa Nai!

Well, now that all has been revealed, thanks @Nicknames for the recs! As I mentioned before, I liked hinata no Aoshigure, it was cute and fun! I found the first arc of Mononoke to be a bit triggering but I gave it a second try after reading some spoilers and confirming that the other arcs probably wouldn't bother me as much. I am enjoying the atmosphere and creativity of the series so far and will finish it at some point although probably not for awhile. I have a job with long hours and high stress so now is a bit of a bad time but it will end soon and I'll get back to it.​

I picked Mononoke because I remembered it being more focused on being a supernatural anime than being 100% horror, I clearly forgot about the first arc. Sorry about that ^^U (also sorry about picking Sekkou Boys. I overlooked it when I was checking your list.)

- Golden Kamuy
Again
08a36e49-e04b-4334-b91d-d640c4db8586-6164-00000679b3515532-2.png

Sorry for my Santa @taek1230 for me being late to post here T.T I was trying to finish all the recs, but I couldn't in time :/
Thanks a lot for the recommendations, I enjoyed them a lot !
Perfect Blue was something I never considered watching (by the way, I wonder what motivated the pick, hahah?), and I think is very funny that it was recommended as I said I was avoiding mindf*cks serious anime xD But oh God it was a masterpiece, I'm really happy I watched it, and now I need to check out more about Satoshi Kon, wow! This movie needs to be more known.

Ameagari was one I was very skeptical (because age gap) at first too, but it totally impressed me, it was verry warm, GORGEOUS and really cute, it didn't went down the weird route, and I really enjoyed the ride and the ending, I love these anime that have some chill vibes and warm feels, so nice one as well!

Lastly, it was Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou that I'm still watching, and I need to thank you for reminding me about this one, it's one I wated to watch but forgot about it! I LOVE comedies so I'm having a nice time with this one too.

So, in the end, I totally liked everything, it was a pretty nice gift, thanks again and have a nice 2021 =]

Hey! @Amanda25 I'm so glad that you liked my recommendations! I was so nervous about it because I really tried to pick things that you probably wouldn't choose to watch.

When I recommended Perfect Blue for you, I totally didn't think it was a serious mind *uck anime, but it totally is. I'm so sorry about that lol! I was just so excited for someone else to watch because it's a really good movie. I remember staring at the ceiling for two hours after I finished watching it and not understand what I just watched, but it also spooked me out at the same time. I did a lot of research about it after and felt like it would be a really good movie to pick. After I watched Perfect Blue, I went on to watch other Satoshi Kon movies and I swear they are just as good!

As for Amegari, the age gap is probably not a tag most people are into, but the show itself is really wholesome. The animation was beautiful and since it was always raining in the anime, it was really relaxing to watch. I found myself rooting for the main character and got invested in the story. I also really liked all the characters and how they contributed to the story!

Oh man, I totally forgot about this last one! It was definitely a weird pick, but I tried to find three anime that were completely different from one another. Since Perfect Blue was a crazy mind *uck and Amegari was a soft romance, I went with Daily Lives of High School Boys which is a comedy. So that no matter which mood you are in, there is a show out there for you. I would watch this show after finishing something intense like Attack on Titan to take a little break from the action and enjoy a nice school-life comedy.

I'm so glad that you enjoyed the shows I picked out for you! Thank you for taking the time to write out your response and how you felt about each show!

Let's Go!
Anime-Planet username: dashiharu2005
Link to your anime/manga list: https://www.anime-planet.com/users/dashiharu2005/anime
Anime, manga, or both is ok?: both please
Maximum episode (anime) and/or volume (manga) limits: none
Tags you don't want: Mecha, Moe, Horror (Example: higurashi when they cry)
Other: look forward to it

Bro, it's over. We even know who our Santas are already. Try again next year, it opens yearly from early to mid November.

@Kagura0chan Thank you so much for making my first Secret Santa amazing!! I accidentally figured out it was you a while ago after I saw you use the word “serotonin” in your review and gift message for Star x Fanboy lol. My deduction skills could have been wrong but oh wow it really is you xD. I still have so many things I want to say so I‘ll just head over to your profile to say more hehe ^^

Am I weird for saying that I can’t wait for next year’s Secret Santa? This was so much fun and made quarantine exciting!! Happy Holidays ❤️
:drinking:

I'm glad you liked my picks for you! I can't believe you found me out :@_@:my review gave me away ( ̄▽ ̄*)ゞ. It's my first time doing Secret Santa so I'm glad you like them!

@Rozzie looks like you haven't posted anything after signing up, but still going to put this here. Thanks for the recommendations! Had a lot of fun with the two that I watched, Wotakoi and Knight's & Magic. Still plan to check out the final one you gave once I get some more free time. Hope your santa was good to you as well.

I hope you have a good rest of your year! Even if you never see this lol. :balloon:

I'm really glad you liked my recommendations! December was a bit different for me than I hoped, but am still watching my amazing recommendations! Happy 2021 and keep watching!

Thank you @Nicknames and space ranger! Chrono Crusade became one of my all time favorites.

Here are the recs I gave to @jmarcelo who never watched them even though I picked them out especially to their tastes...

Main Picks:

Bonus Picks:
The Garden of Sinners Movies (Action/Mystery series)
Sorry! I was going to watch Kino's Journey but I am in Brazil right now and the internet here is really bad. I tried looking for it to download on CR before coming, but I coudn't find it. I found it now, but it won't even load. When I get back to the US I will watch it, so thanks for the recommendation (:

Back