Anime-Planet Secret Santa 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @QueenSkull for the recommendations. I really enjoyed most of them, especially Kimi ni Todoke. I didn't really enjoy Cike Wuliuqi that much but overall I was really happy with the recommendations.
I am glad to hear! Hahah yeah it was a bit of a risk with Cike Wuliuqi, but thank you for watching it anyways :D
Kimi ni Todoke is such a wonderful anime. I have rewatched that so many times :')

I am kind of surprised you didn't give me a magical girl rec.
Well, I don't have many magical girl animes on my list, it's not a genre I usually enjoy... But yeah, thinking about it now, I could have give you Flip Flappers or Madoka Magica, but I mean, you didn't enjoy Little Witch Academia that much and don't want to watch Shoujo Kageki Revenue, so I actually don't know what your impressions of Flip Flappers would be. Also, I was scanning your list more based on animes I know, I didn't read about each of one them to see what they were about... Suit yourself to try Flip Flappers and Madoka Magica now, though. Maybe try watching Gokukoku no Brynhildr too, I really enjoy this one.

And yes, Danganronpa is amazing. However one of the reasons I didn't recomend it to you was the fact that it's over 5 years, but Kokkoku doesn't have English dubs so, yeah, my bad, but Danganronpa also have more than 1 season, so I was thinking if that would count as more than the max number of episodes you . But, you're having it now so :)
On a side not, I saw you have Black Clover on your plan to watch list but I wouldn't recomend Black Clover if you hate Naruto. In my opinion it's like Naruto but a lot worse.

---

I saw that NorthPole had to comment on my Santa's page so he'd remember to pick my recs so I don't know if @t1997bone is active here, so I think I'll be sending my personal impressions to him through inbox, but I have to say, guys... One of his manga recs for me, Spy x Family just became my new favorite. I don't mean "favorite rec", I mean, favorite manga, like, yeah, that's the best manga I've read so far and I can't wait for more chapters.

That said, I had lots of fun playing this and I'm definitely playing it next year too!

Well, I don't have many magical girl animes on my list, it's not a genre I usually enjoy... But yeah, thinking about it now, I could have give you Flip Flappers or Madoka Magica, but I mean, you didn't enjoy Little Witch Academia that much and don't want to watch Shoujo Kageki Revenue, so I actually don't know what your impressions of Flip Flappers would be. Also, I was scanning your list more based on animes I know, I didn't read about each of one them to see what they were about... Suit yourself to try Flip Flappers and Madoka Magica now, though. Maybe try watching Gokukoku no Brynhildr too, I really enjoy this one.

And yes, Danganronpa is amazing. However one of the reasons I didn't recomend it to you was the fact that it's over 5 years, but Kokkoku doesn't have English dubs so, yeah, my bad, but Danganronpa also have more than 1 season, so I was thinking if that would count as more than the max number of episodes you . But, you're having it now so :)
On a side not, I saw you have Black Clover on your plan to watch list but I wouldn't recomend Black Clover if you hate Naruto. In my opinion it's like Naruto but a lot worse.

---

I saw that NorthPole had to comment on my Santa's page so he'd remember to pick my recs so I don't know if @t1997bone is active here, so I think I'll be sending my personal impressions to him through inbox, but I have to say, guys... One of his manga recs for me, Spy x Family just became my new favorite. I don't mean "favorite rec", I mean, favorite manga, like, yeah, that's the best manga I've read so far and I can't wait for more chapters.

That said, I had lots of fun playing this and I'm definitely playing it next year too!
I suggest you comment on their profile -they'll get a notification that way :)

Just wanting to drop a public note to my secret Santa @Rozzie. I loved the rec you gave me for Kiss Him Not Me! I literally rolled my eyes at first at it, and went into it with an open mind but not expecting to like it as much as I did.. but was so very glad I did. I had a blast with it and could have easily watched several more episodes had they been available. You gave me some really interesting choices with the other picks, and I look forward to checking those out in the new year. I hope your SS recommendations where just as pleasant to go through as mine were.

As for my giftee, @RVampire2013... I guess you lost interest before it even started. I tried to find things you would be interested in based upon shows you have watched, or are in the process of watching, however virtually everything I hit upon was already in progress, so it was a bit of a challenge. Oh well, maybe next year.

Hey @KingDedeDIO I was your Secret Santa! I panicked when I couldn't find you by your name when you first signed up (CardinalGhast), but I found you so all is good :)

My recommendations were:
1. Nanbaka
2. Space Patrol Luluco
3. Wasteful Days of High School Girls

I'm glad you enjoyed two of them and I hope Wasteful Days of High School Girls made you laugh as much as it made me. Happy holidays!
Yeah, I felt compelled to make my account more appealing to Lord DIO, so I apologize for any trouble I may have caused you. That being said, thanks a bunch for the recommendations! Luluco was cute and unique, and Wasteful Days was heartwarming and downright hilarious, the latter ending up being one of my favorite anime to come out this year. I’m really glad that I joined the Secret Santa event for this year, and I’m really glad that you gave me such good suggestions!

My Secret Santa recipient is @NuclearHoneydew. He doesn't appear to come on the forums much, but I saw he thanked his Secret Santa in his Uchouten Kazoku review and enjoyed the show a lot so I was quite glad haha. My heart was warmed.
Thanks a lot for the recs! Sorry that i wasnt able to start the other shows too within the hollidays, i have my hands full with university exams prep this year because there are the finals for my degree but i will deffinitely watch them since i have heard a lot of good words about the other anime you recommended! Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
@WolfAngelus You know, im glad you enjoyed Hensuki. It was the one I really wanted you to like despite it being a huge hit or miss because of...well...you watched the show. It was my guilty pleasure when it was airing and man am i happy you had fun with it. Question though, who was your best girl? This is a serious matter.

And @Lazyemperorwolf I never did get around to finishing everything, but I can promise you will finish Rakugo at the very least, when I stop procrastinating and watch it. But otherwise thank you for the rec's, ill be checking them all out at one point, even after this ends.

This was fun though, will be joining in next year if it happens again...i'm always up for some stranger to tell me to watch some random anime I probably wouldn't watch otherwise.

I was the Secret Santa of @Jisu
I recommended:
1. Taisho Wotome Otogibanashi
2. Pluto
3. Baccano
I'm glad you liked your recs! I tried to give you a variety of anime and manga from many different genres and I'm glad you've enjoyed them all so far. I had find of forgotten about how violent Baccano gets but I'm glad you enjoyed it regardless!

Thanks for the great recs! :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back