Anime-Planet Secret Santa 2019

Discussion in 'General Anime Discussion' started by NorthPole, Nov 3, 2019.

1. CrimsonCyclo

CrimsonCyclo Member

Review for 91 Days is now out.

Yeah, it was pretty much right up my alley.

In the meantime..... .....hello, Kaiba!

2. Turky

Turky Well-Known Member

Ah shit I forgot we were supposed to do reviews.

3. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

It's not required or anything.

4. Turky

Turky Well-Known Member

But I'm of the Sweatius Tryhardius genus, so I'll probably do it anyways.

5. Warpuppy

Warpuppy Well-Known Member

6. Turky

Turky Well-Known Member

War Puppy destroys random redneck with FACTS and LOGIC #21

7. randomredneck

[​IMG]
    I'm not reviewing Heaven's Lost Property though.

8. sothis

sothis Forum Moderator Anime-Planet Founder Developer

Keep in mind reviews can even be a single sentence - they just can't be set to "everyone" privacy level unless they're the full version. Short reviews are helpful anyways for people following you, or linked to from specific places like this thread, etc.

9. featherstone

featherstone Member

Dear Santa, review for Noragami is done. Never thought I will make it that fast.
    I don't think I would pick that show by myself, but it was quite good. I'll watch the sequel in some free time.
    From the five picks I received only Kill la kill remains untouched due to some technical difficulties. But I will watch it too one day.
    I don't think I will make more reviews anytime soon as I'm horrible at this.
    Thank you for this event.
    Ps. I do wonder how my recipient is doing... :hamster:

10. Warpuppy

I just finished watching Yurikuma Arashi. I am genuinely curious what it was about my watch list that caused Santa to believe this was the right anime for me, since it felt absolutely nothing like anything I have ever watched. If I had to guess, and honestly this is a bit of a long shot, it was that I gave Boarding School Juliet a 9 out of 10 rating. Both anime tell the tale of star crossed lovers in a war of absolutely absurd circumstances.

Anyway, if anyone wants to know my thoughts about this deadly invasion of adorable bears, here is my full review.
    https://www.anime-planet.com/users/Warpuppy/reviews/48552

Next up is Kiznaiver

11. Sabure

Sabure Well-Known Member

You're using that for the Group-watch at ABC, right?

12. Warpuppy

I already watched ReLife for my Bingo card. I just wanted to join the Kiznaiver group watch because I got it as a gift from Santa.

13. randomredneck

And done with Heaven's Lost Property. Why this was ever on my WtW list is a mystery, as is how it has an almost 4 star average. I laughed maybe once in 13 miserable episodes. Thank God that's done.

Now then, onto the good stuff. Squid Girl!

14. OkamiHime95

OkamiHime95 Member

Finished 5 Centimeters per Second, and gave a review for it. :) https://www.anime-planet.com/users/OkamiHime95/reviews/48562

I tried to be more descriptive than my review for Emma: A Victorian Romance, but I'm always afraid that I'll accidently give major spoilers lol. (And believe it or not, I'm not really good with wording & describing things, so I hope my review was ok... ._. )

Next up will be my last rec that my SS gave me, which is the 2019 version of Fruits Basket.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019 at 9:30 PM
  15. Zed60K

Zed60K Database Moderator

Did you not enjoy the prospect of a loli constantly yelling "baka!" and "hentai!" before assaulting a talking wooden plank over some dumb misunderstandings?

16. randomredneck

Not particularly, no.

17. Zed60K

Zed60K Database Moderator

I'm strolling through my picks without breaking strides like the badass and now I've watched a whole lot of THREE episodes of Ancient Chinese Gays. That's more anime I've watched in one week than I've watched in the whole season. It might also be the best anime I've seen in a while, which feels weird to say about a Chinese animation.

18. randomredneck

Well Squid Girl is just delightful. Super glad the Crunchyroll version is watchable here. Finding a decent quality vid of a show this old is usually impossible.

19. Starletka

Starletka Well-Known Member

I'm almost halfway through with Kaguya-sama now, and it's surprisingly good. Good job, Santa.

20. Oceanwithwaves

Oceanwithwaves Well-Known Member

I finised Mirai Nikki in 3 days, and I'm now watching episode 11 of Demon Slayer, Santa treated me well, since all 3 recommendations all perfectly fit on my bingo card, and I absolutely love them!