Anime Lottery Game: Spring 2021

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Gens, Mar 24, 2021.

1. KathyKatz

KathyKatz Database Moderator

I finished Full Dive, and while it tried to drive a theme home with the whole "You shouldn't give up" theme, it kinda just fell flat. There were no likeable characters in the show at all, and it didn't really had any production values that were worth mentioning. The plot tried to be kind of different, but they didn't really do anything other than torture Hiro for who knows how many times. I kinda lost count at some point, making me question what was the point of going that direction.

In conclusion, I am probably gonna forget about this show in a couple of days or a week at most.

Rascal likes this.
  2. Jshain411

Jshain411 New Member

I don't normally watch shows as they air, but this seems like it would be fun so I will definitely be keeping an eye out for the post about the summer season lottery game.

3. Clotilde

Clotilde Well-Known Member

Finished Dragon goes house hunting today. I actually kinda enjoyed it which was a surprise considering i don't really watch fantasy rpg (ish) anime. It couldnt have been better but it wasn't terrible, 3/5

4. StarPlatinum23

StarPlatinum23 Active Member

I finished one of my picks, Full Dive earlier this week and this show has achieved the status of being a try hard. It tried so hard to be funny and tried so hard to make me feel for the main character and the things he was dealing but the efforts fell flat. The last few episodes just had me not caring about what happened to any of the characters and I wanted each episode to end the minute I started.

The sad thing about this is that I was fine with the show in the beginning and then it took a full dive into the trashcan.

I would give this a 1.5/5.

Rascal likes this.
  5. LUCIIIII

LUCIIIII Active Member

I finished Godzilla S.P early this week!! It was a decent show with good animation and art tht I could watch and stare at with no problem. But I just felt there was too much dialogue and the terms and language they used were really complex and scientific sometimes, they also used many scientific references that from my viewpoint were almost impossible to understang and confusing.
    I think people who like godzilla or kaiju, will enjoy it more.
    I give will give it an sadly 4/10

6. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

7. HasseRovdjur

HasseRovdjur Breast Claw

I finished it. I hope you're happy with yourself.

Gens and Nekus like this.
  8. howtoprocrastinate

howtoprocrastinate Well-Known Member

Higehiro: After Being Rejected, I Shaved and Took in a High School Runaway was not my cup of team. 2/5

Rascal and Hayane like this.
  9. Aratakun

Aratakun Member

I finished mars red yesterday. :-D

Rascal likes this.
  10. Hayane

Hayane Well-Known Member

Koikimo, I dont enjoy age gap as huge as this but it was bearable I guess? (better than its other airing anime Higehiro which I despise). At least, the plot didnt drag and the pace was okay so 2.5/5.

Mars Red, I couldn't form an opinion as I enjoyed some episodes and completely slept on others so I kind of gotten lost somewhere between the episodes. I think the series was taking itself way too seriously but at least it wasnt boring as much. 2/5

Better picks than previous seasons since I finally didn't rate something as 1/5.

11. StarPlatinum23

StarPlatinum23 Active Member

I finished my second pick of Higehiro today. It was the better than my other pick Full Dive but not by much. Higehiro tried to portray a difficult topic but fails miserably in execution and the show became kinda boring to watch midway through.

I would give this show a 2/5.

Rascal and howtoprocrastinate like this.
  12. meeshmint

meeshmint Active Member

It only took me the entire season but I finally finished Koikimo! Maybe it's bc I'm getting older and more cynical, but I found it disappointingly predictable and cliche after the first few episodes, despite it's saucy description. I feel like ppl had more fun debating and coming up with hypothetical scenarios in the forum than actually watching the show (at least that was the case for me hahaha). 2/5

Rascal, howtoprocrastinate and Nekus like this.
  13. Thrawn

Thrawn POPEE BELIEVER

Thrawn? Not finishing shit? Better step off with that kinda slander

[​IMG]

howtoprocrastinate, Gens and Rascal like this.
  14. Rascal

Rascal Silver Supporter

I finished osamake, and, well, how do I put this...

[​IMG]

Ah, thank you [main character of osamake], character from [osamake].

it sucked.

15. Surfinator85

Surfinator85 New Member

How can I participate?
    Sign me up please

16. JordanJas

JordanJas Bronze Supporter

This season is over. See a few posts above for the link to the new season.