Anime Lottery Game: Fall 2022

Discussion in 'General Anime Discussion' started by Gens, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Posted by Gens on Sep 30, 2022
    Welcome to the Anime Lottery Game (ALG)!

This thread will essentially be a continuation of the Anime Lottery Club, which was initially put into hiatus after the Fall 2015 Season. With all the big changes coming to the forum, the old thread has been culled and thus this thread has been born. In addition, I, Gensan, shall be taking over as the host for Damias.

So, you may be asking yourself, "What is the Anime Lottery Game?"
    Every season there are numerous new Anime titles, some much more popular, much more anticipated than others. Here at ALG we want to try and promote equal opportunity for each series airing in a specific season. Specifically by providing exposure to series that would be passed over because they seem uninteresting, or just plain bad. How we do this is quite simple, with a lottery! So, how does it work?

1) Post in this thread expressing an interest in participating, before the posted deadline.
    2) Wait for the deadline.
    2.1) *Note* -- You may elect to take up a series at any point during the ALG Season. However, you will be responsible for finishing it before the posted deadline.
    3) You will be assigned a series, completely at random.
    4) Watch your series; feel free to discuss, praise, or complain in the individual Specific Anime Thread for that series.
    5) Once you finish your series, and before the posted deadline, report back to this thread to brag about your success, or wallow in your failure.
    5.1) Submitting a full review for the series, on the main website, isn't required, but is suggested.
    6) Repeat next season, if you dare.

Series chosen will not be more than 1-cour, they won't be sequels, they won't be OVAs, and they won't be movies. In addition, the series will be contained to things that are readily available. If you end up with a series that doesn't have regular updates, then you will be allotted an extension or allowed to be assigned a new series.

Claus#1
    In the event that you receive a 2-cour show, usually because I end up assuming something will be 1-cour, or my source was incorrect, you have the option of either watching the first part of the 2-cour and using that as your "required" segment, or else, you can carry over the 2nd part into the next game.

For example, you get a 2-cour show in Summer, and instead of putting your name into the hat for a Fall series, you simply participant in the Fall by continuing the series you were given in the Summer. However, if you wish to pick up a new series in addition to continuing your 2-cour show, that can be arranged, although you will be expected to complete both series by the next posted deadline of the Anime Lottery Game.

Claus#2
    You may not swap out the series you received for another. However, if you would like to sign up for another series, you can be assigned another series, at random, as many times as you want, until every series from the list is assigned to you.

Claus#3
    At the end of the season, participants may submit their series for "Worst Series of the Season." In the event that there are multiple series vying for the title, a vote will be held by all the participants. Whatever series wins, will hold that title, and anyone who was assigned that series will receive a custom avatar/award. Note: The more series you are assigned, the greater your chances are of winning this award.

Claus#4 (work in progress)
    At the beginning of the season, in the event that a participant, or multiple participants, want a specific series to be included in the upcoming lottery, they can recommend a series (at most 2). In the event that there are more than 2, a vote will be held and the top 2 series will be added to the pool of series.

So, now you may be asking yourself, "What if my assigned series sucks? What if I don't like it? Am I required to finish it?"
    The short answer is yes. After all, that is the point.

The long answer is that there are some stipulations to this. If you really cannot bring yourself to finish your series, or you simply get caught up in other things and end up not finishing by the end of the season, then you have other options. Some may call these punishments, but I prefer to think of them as alternatives.

Failure to finish a series before the end of the season results in suspension from playing next two seasons. However, this can be circumvented by any of the following:

A) You will be assigned another, different series from the same season that you failed to complete, and must finish this series within 72 hours of assignment.

B) You can elect to be assigned two series from the upcoming season, and must finish both before the end of the season.

If you failed your alternative, the only way to avoid suspension is to watch Ping Pong Club and submit a full review for the series in it's respective review section on the main AP site.

*The Brad Claus*
    If your screen name is, used to be, will be in the future, or ever was; "Bradalee," then none of the alternatives are available to you. The only way to avoid suspension is to film a live action interpretation of the series you were supposed to finish and post into this thread.

*Please Note*
    Alternate Methods are subject to change and may change without notice. Being ignorant of a "new" or "different" alternate does not exempt participants from having to do them.

*The Ping Pong Claus*
    If you fail to watch your assigned shows in time, to participate in the next season, you must watch Ping Pong Club. https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/ping-pong-club *Applicable, only once*

Lottery Picks Ruling:
    CANNOT ASK FOR MORE PICKS AFTER ROLLING HAS BEEN DONE.

The Interminable void of Wackness:

Anime Lottery: 2022 Fall Edition

Master anime list for the season:

Results

Help promote the Anime Lottery Game with a nifty banner, Special Thanks to Tents!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Affiliated Organizations
    [​IMG]
    When you participate around the site, you can be awarded TACO points! Members are given points based on the number of Recommendations, Reviews, Donations, and Custom lists . Just post your contributions in the Official TACO Thread.

Anime Lottery Game Contributions

[75 Points] for participating in the Anime Lottery Game.
    Rules!​

• clearly label your contributions as a club event (MM, FYAB, DTAB, etc.)
    • you need to make at least 5 recommendations or write a review (choose whichever you prefer) for the series that are a part of the event at that time.
    • recommendations must be made within 3 days of the end of the event
    • you must be at least somewhat active/present during the club events
    • provide a link to the event/thread to confirm eligibility
    • BUT if you didn't participate in the event (because you had already seen the titles, etc), if you hadn't made recommendations already for that series you can add them in the same time frame to get the points. *note: if you delete and re-add recommendations you'll be disqualified and Sothis wont be happy ;)

• as always, please only make recommendations for SOLID pairings. Don't add bad recs just because you want the points, as that wastes valuable time (for Sothis, who has to struggle with deciding to flag something or not

2. Aetherloutz

Aetherloutz Well-Known Member

I'm in!!

o/

edit: is it possible to get an anime i had already marked as: want to watch?

howtoprocrastinate and Gens like this.
  3. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Posted by Gens on Sep 30, 2022
    I mean, it's possible, but there's no 100% absolute guarantee you'll get it though. The lottery picks are completely randomized here lol

4. Aetherloutz

Aetherloutz Well-Known Member

i see good to know.

To be honest i would prefer if i dont get one i marked already. Since i rarely drop stuff anyway.

going in a completely unexpected course seems more apropriate to the whole ideia. hehe

5. Shizukuu

Shizukuu Well-Known Member

I'd like a pick

howtoprocrastinate likes this.
  6. Balthasaurus

Balthasaurus Database Moderator

Another one for me, please! Here's hoping it's not something interminably bad this time!

7. Sabure

Sabure Well-Known Member

Posted by Sabure on Oct 1, 2022
    I'll take 2, please. Thanks!

8. JordanJas

JordanJas Database Moderator Bronze Supporter

9. nezuka

nezuka Active Member

Posted by nezuka on Oct 1, 2022
    ill take 2 as well please!

10. Lenachan3ko

Lenachan3ko Well-Known Member

Could I have one please? This sounds like a lot of fun!!! :DDD

11. StarPlatinum23

StarPlatinum23 Well-Known Member

I'll take 2 again!

12. Timed

Timed Well-Known Member

Posted by Timed on Oct 1, 2022
    I'll take 1 pick!

13. Twinkietaem

Twinkietaem Active Member

I'd like 1 pick please!

14. Thrawn

Thrawn POPEE BELIEVER

Posted by Thrawn on Oct 2, 2022
    [​IMG]

15. RyanGirl

RyanGirl Active Member

I'll take one this time around please

16. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Posted by Gens on Oct 9, 2022
    Rolled picks:
    @Aetherloutz - Shinobi no Ittoki
    @Shizukuu - Noumin Kanren no Skill bakka Agetetara Nazeka Tsuyoku Natta.
    @Balthasaurus - More than a Married Couple, but Not Lovers.
    @Sabure - The Human Crazy University, Futoku no Guild
    @JordanJas - More than a Married Couple, but Not Lovers.
    @nezuka - Shinobi no Ittoki, Reincarnated as a Sword
    @Lenachan3ko - The Human Crazy University
    @StarPlatinum23 - I'm the Villainess, So I'm Taming the Final Boss, Futoku no Guild
    @Timed - Noumin Kanren no Skill bakka Agetetara Nazeka Tsuyoku Natta.
    @Twinkietaem - More than a Married Couple, but Not Lovers.
    @Thrawn - Shinobi no Ittoki, I'm the Villainess, So I'm Taming the Final Boss, More than a Married Couple, but Not Lovers.
    @RyanGirl - Noumin Kanren no Skill bakka Agetetara Nazeka Tsuyoku Natta.

Also happy spoopy season!

17. Thrawn

Thrawn POPEE BELIEVER

Damn fuckin straight Bleach ain't on here cuz they be finally doin that Nazi archer arc with all them German names and like sternwahtchamacallit shit and shit. Also like, why ain't my lovers show with tanned gyaru. the fuck is this commie ass bullshit. No wonder it's in lottery because tanned gyaru >>>>>>>>> non tanned gyaru

18. Sabure

Sabure Well-Known Member

Is Futoku no Guild available anywhere? It's not on either Crunchyroll or HIDIVE, and I don't believe it's a Netflix or Amazon license.

19. Sabure

Sabure Well-Known Member

Started The Human Crazy University today. I'm not keen on the use of flash animation, but at least the story is interesting enough for me to continue watching.

20. Balthasaurus

Balthasaurus Database Moderator

Wait, what's this? Something that actually looks a teensy bit promising? Inconceivable!

Wow, I'm actually looking forward to watching the first episode of my pick, for once.