Anime for when you're sick or in pain?

If I am sick I would prefer to watch something scary like re watch episodes of School-Live! Or re watch Higurashi.

If I am in pain I like to watch something that isn't comedy meaning I like to watch like NANA D. Gray-man

once when i was sick, i decided to binge watch Mirai Nikki for the entire day because my friend had recommended it to me, though now i wished i could have watched something else. i also have been binge reading the Jojo's manga lately, especially when i get sick.

FLCL always gets me in a good mood when I'm mad or sick or unwell. When I had surgery, I just randomly put it on repeat and it helped me relax. It's just a fun show to watch.

During the extremely rare times I do get sick or am hurting, I like to watch children's anime or lighthearted stuff like Pokemon, Digimon, etc. The childhood feels call to me, wanting to reminisce the times when my mommy would take care of sick, kid me.

I hardly ever get sick, so I don't really have a go-to anime for this.

I was really sick with the flu once and ended up marathoning Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam. I wouldn't recommend that unless you've seen at least the original Mobile Suit Gundam first though.

Last edited:
When I get sick I normally watch an anime I have been wanting to watch for a long time since I can just binge-watch it.

When I am in pain I watch an anime where the characters are constantly in pain because it actually helps me feel better :3

I don't get sick often, and when I am sick I don't often watch anime. On the rare occasions those two things align, I try to watch something light-hearted, fuzzy and fun, but that I'm not expected to laugh out loud with since I'm not in the best condition to feel like doing that. Something like Barakamon, for instance. I didn't watch that one while being sick, but it's the first example that came to mind for what I mean.

When I'm sick, I want to rejuvenate myself, get my blood flowing and pumped up to kick the shit out of my sickness. So I put on Popee the Performer and all the homoerotic Papi episodes, which is all his episodes. Also some classics where Popee is homicidal, which is 80% of the time and before you know it, I'm rewatching the entire thing and all hopped up on Clownium.

It also reminds me to drink more milk, which is probably why I got sick in the first place.

When I'm ill I tend to stick with my small collection in my room, as most of the time I can't be bothered to move too far from my bed. But I don't get that ill very often. My general go-to anime out of my collection would probably be Ouran High School Host club, as a happy show that won't make me feel worse. If I get bored of that then I move of to Ghibli movies...

When I'm in pain then I'm not normally stuck in my bed, generally if I'm on my own, I go on Netflix and watch some random anime or play a game (mainly Project Diva F or one of the 'Tales of' games) just to keep my mind off the pain.

Butttt nothing too spectacular

When I'm sick, I want to rejuvenate myself, get my blood flowing and pumped up to kick the shit out of my sickness. So I put on Popee the Performer and all the homoerotic Papi episodes, which is all his episodes. Also some classics where Popee is homicidal, which is 80% of the time and before you know it, I'm rewatching the entire thing and all hopped up on Clownium.

It also reminds me to drink more milk, which is probably why I got sick in the first place.

Are you sure you dont meant Mujaken no Rakuen or Seikon no Quaser to get your blood pumpin?

When I'm sick I turn to my rewatchable favorites. There are some shows I love and are amazing, but really don't appeal for a rewatch more than once a year, like Psycho-Pass. The ones that are my go to feel better shows are Gate and Hoozuki no Reitetsu.

I rarely get sick, however I try to watch something innocent with not too much psychological drama going on. Usually I put on a Studio Ghibli film or rewatch episodes from Fruits Basket

Usually I like to watch something, with hardly a story in it, so I do not need to think a lot.

some years ago, when a family member passed, I started watching Another, anything would be good, as long as I didn't had to laugh.

Back