Anime Bingo Challenge: Winter 2022 Edition

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by AnimeBingoChallenge, Dec 31, 2021.

1. JordanJas

JordanJas Bronze Supporter

howtoprocrastinate, Sabure and Kc5530 like this.
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
  2. psirockin

psirockin Active Member

howtoprocrastinate, Sabure and Kc5530 like this.
  3. ermo

ermo Well-Known Member

Posted by ermo on Jan 9, 2022
    Hi, I would like to propose a new rule to the game concerning overly long (50+ episodes) anime . Who should I contact with my idea?

4. JordanJas

JordanJas Bronze Supporter

What are you thinking? I can bring it up with the team depending on if it is something we have discussed before.

OkamiHime95 likes this.
  5. Sabure

Sabure Well-Known Member

APPROVED! Your score will be displayed on the post below.

APPROVED! You now have 5 Wonder Egg points.
    @JordanJas receives a recommendation point and is now at 35 points (including the claims I approved above)

6. OkamiHime95

OkamiHime95 Well-Known Member

Lmao. I still remember my Nana fiasco that I had a long time ago, where I almost didn't finish it in time for bingo. :laugh: Ever since then, I've stuck with 12/13 episode anime's (24-26 max), movies, OVA's, and short stuff for here.

But yeah, personally I'm not fond of the idea for a 50+ episode rule/square, since not everyone (including myself) has the time to binge 50+ episode anime's in such a short-ish period of time. (It's been almost 2 years since I started The Untamed, and I'm still only on episode 24 or 25.)

7. ermo

ermo Well-Known Member

I send a PM to you then with my idea.

Update: PM sent, sorry, it is quite long....

8. Leahchu

Leahchu Well-Known Member

howtoprocrastinate, Kc5530 and Sabure like this.
  9. Sabure

Sabure Well-Known Member

10. Sabure

Sabure Well-Known Member

Claiming:

N2: Watch an anime with a continent or country tag - The Case Study of Vanitas Recap (Europe/France)
    Watched on January 9
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I1: Watch an anime by suggestion - Mushoku Tenshi: Jobless Reincarnation II
    Watched from January 6 to January 9
    Suggested to me by @JordanJas on Post #31
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I2: Studio Deen - Maria Watches Over Us Season 2
    Watched from January 6 to January 9
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I5: Bones - Towanoquon Movie 1: The Ephemeral Petals
    Watched on January 9
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

M2: Add 2 recs for anime - Black Bullet <----> Gunslinger Girl
    My Recommendation Page

11. ermo

ermo Well-Known Member

The 50+ episode square might have been taken out, as I can't see it in the rules in the first post. https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/threads/anime-bingo-challenge-winter-2022-edition.340202/
    Now only "Watch a 10+ episode anime" and "Watch a 20+ episode anime" are in effect, it seems.

Edit:
    My idea is about: How can we encourage people to watch anime with more than 50 episodes over "12/13 episode anime's (24-26 max), movies, OVA's, and short stuff"?
    (Sorry, Nana has 47, so you would still be in danger even with the new rule. :))

12. Sabure

Sabure Well-Known Member

We never had a 50+ episode square.

Anyway we're discussing your proposal as I type this post and so far we're rejecting it. The main reason is that your proposal will violate the "only one anime per square per season" rule. You can only claim one anime per season, and you proposal to break it in parts violates this rule. (There are exception pertaining to certain tasks in the M column pertaining to rating, discussing, and recommending with other shows, but that's the only time you can use the same anime for two different tasks,)

I suggest giving @MistLiigh a PM as they are the ones that handles the mechanics of the game. Thanks for your suggestion.

13. ermo

ermo Well-Known Member

Hi,

Thanks for explaining the reason for rejection. I think we can further discuss and tweak it. I will contact MistLiigh as well - probably some time next week.

14. Twi

Twi Member

Posted by Twi on Jan 9, 2022
    Taybella99, Shizukuu, ermo and 4 others like this.
  15. Sabure

Sabure Well-Known Member

Suggestions are good for the entire season so if you get another suggestion square on a future card you can use any of the ones you received so far.

Taybella99, ermo, Max4444 and 3 others like this.
  16. Kc5530

Kc5530 Well-Known Member

17. OkamiHime95

OkamiHime95 Well-Known Member

I'm highly aware it has 47 episodes... Still took me almost 3 months to finish it lol.. :P

Anyway, I suggest the current Obscura Yoi challenge on A-P to you if you're really wanting to watch 50+ episode anime's. Hard for me to explain all the rules, but basically it runs until January 2023, so you (and others that might be interested) would have plenty of time.

Taybella99 and JordanJas like this.
  18. AssistBot

AssistBot Database Moderator

19. Sabure

Sabure Well-Known Member

APPROVED! You now have 44 Useless Goddess points and @StarPlatinum23 receives their first point of the season.

APPROVED! You now have 10 Cultivation points.

Kc5530 and AssistBot like this.
  20. rachell24x7

rachell24x7 Active Member

Kc5530 and Sabure like this.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2022