Anime and manga info pages have an updated design

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by sothis, Oct 12, 2019.

1. ChalamiuS

ChalamiuS Squisher of Bugs Developer

One does not necessarily exclude the other, but if you want a useful progressive web app it has to work well on mobile... which sort of requires going for responsive design.

2. StarsMine

StarsMine Database Moderator

When a show has no recomendations, I keep just skimming/glazing over that spot
    [​IMG]

Perhaps a button like you have for reviews no let the user know there is something there more clearly

3. Xnub

Xnub New Member

Posted by Xnub on Oct 18, 2019
    Ya sry poorly worded, i didn't mean to exclude one from the other. I guess it would be better to say "go the extra step to a PWA" ?

i suck at wording things.

4. Kasilias

Kasilias New Member

Perfect! Thank you for that!

All I wish is dedicated Dark Mode and maybe a mobile app.

5. FNick

FNick New Member

Nice update, solves most problems with small franchises for me

6. Quin15

Quin15 Member

This looks good so far. Thank you for taking on our suggestions and thank you rest of the development team.
    You say it's temporary, so will it be reworked on in the future? What kind of plans are there for the related section?

7. mangle

mangle Member

I'd suggest that a good place to start is reading the rest of the post you quoted.

Kari5 likes this.
  8. Whites

Whites New Member

Just want you to know that i love the new related anime/manga design, you've really outdone yourselves. Keep it up! :love::drinking:

9. sanane

sanane Well-Known Member

The new design looks much better, especially on mobile devices.

LavanderGirl likes this.
  10. Wyr3d

Wyr3d New Member

Personal anime lists are great for checking through what anime you have seen in general, especially for recommending an anime to someone else. But for related anime, the old system was much simpler, and easier to use. It was also good for lining up relate anime in sequence. For example:

You look up an anime, and see it has say six seasons, two of which you've already seen an the rest you have yet to watch . The new system still shows these related anime but you do not see this information until you've opened the main page for every one - it's clunky, and a step backwards in design, to be honest :/

MarianR87, Deraiz and BMXArena like this.
  11. Kari5

Kari5 Database Moderator

Posted by Kari5 on Nov 1, 2019
    Not sure if you noticed, but they already fixed this a couple days after the initial update? (assuming we're thinking of the same thing)
    If you look at a page, you can quickly see if you've watched/stalled/etc related anime.

12. Peter08

Peter08 New Member

Hi hello im a newbie here..can anybody teach me how to read in this app?

Dreasty and ElMeZa like this.