Angolmois: Genkou Kassenki

Episode 1-4

I've been putting off starting this one because it sounds boring.

Um....this anime is beautiful? wtf. Wasn't expecting.
Also the opening song is nice.

Episode 1 down, I didn't expect to like this one as much as I am so far. I'm pleasantly surprised!

OK, I finished 2, 3, and 4. I didn't expect this at all, Unless something else this season wows me more, this anime might be the biggest surprise of the season. I expect it's going to run long though, I could be ok with that.

Each episode went by too fast, I can't wait for more.

Episode 4.
...Well, that ending sure did pull the rug out from under them...also, really annoyed Princess Useless survived. I'm already praying the next wound is fatal.

Ep. 5

I'm glad Bishie General isn't being difficult for the sake of it anymore. I just wish he didn't have to wait for that boring-ass flashback to make it happen.

Episode 5
I am reminded of the 300 for some reason, probably the mountain pass fight to be honest. Tactically it was a good decision, but odd that the mongols did just go over the mountain I guess? A little hardship on their part doesnt seem like a thing they'd care for to be honest, but whatever. Let us have the brave defenders get a bit of spirit back yeah?

Episode 6.
Oh, this is about some bullshit.
They spend all last episode developing Yajirou into a good character...and then off him out of nowhere like 5 minutes into the next one. And yet Princess Moron still lives. Where's the justice?
I was quite pissed with that outcome! Quickly killing off all her rivals for leadership, but really it's all Jinzaburou in the end. Her taking out nearly all the scouts in the previous episode or so gave her a couple brownie points, but they were quickly lost in the sorry excuse of an attempt on the mongol general now making doe eyes after her. And her creepy attempted shifting (kissing) of MC more than once. Slap her hard. With arrows and swords! -_-

Episode 6:
The bigger the stakes get, the more boring the whole thing becomes. This show is amazing.

- I wasn't expecting Bishie General to actually die, especially not after that small burst of development he had before. Then, that surprise gave way to annoyance, since I couldn't help thinking the wrong clan leader died.
- The more I watch this, the more I realize the MC is the only one with any real personality in this show. And even then, it's not enough to make me excited for whatever comes next.
- I was so convinced Princess would get kidnapped at some point in the episode.
- That ending scene with the emperor was so annoying, only 'cos I actually thought their Emperor was the friggin' sun. After that whole Lion King "chase me through the darkness" sequence, I was so prepared to see the MC make his way up that mountain only to bow down to the rising fucking sun. Meanwhile, my brother, who was watching this for the first time, was giving the mountain people shit for worshiping Frieza and it's something I can't unsee anymore:

2KsXD.jpg

Overall impressions. I find the artwork interesting. I could do without the filter it detracts from the backgound art. Look at the colors and the diagonal lines in the background you'll see they were trying to make it a period watercolor. The story plot is based somewhat loosely on the historical facts of the war. As far as the rest goes, well standard. But its better than Back Street Girls! And at least it is not a Sengoku period ripoff.

Episode 7.
Competent female fighters. Something this show as sorely lacking...which mean they'll probably all die and Princess Idiot will somehow survive.

The only proud way to die. I would be honored to experience such a sight before my demise.
jZnS5Tf.png
Amen to that.

Back