[Analysis] Makoto Shinkai is making a new film

my point is that a story that can't properly explain it's own problems isn't really a well written story. also your waifu is shit.

i can't believe i had a long argument that included time resets without singing praise to Tatami galaxy, that's not right, gotta fix that immediately.... uhhh Tatami's OP has some of the best beats in any anime i've ever seen, ok FIXED.

Ping-pong still has the best Yuasa OP of all time imo:

GET TO WATCHING THAT FUCKING SHIT ZED60K!

That is all, for my derailment of this thread here.

Last edited:
Counter-point, that cat short was actually pretty damn good, and feelzy. He should just get into the shorts business instead. Simple concept, but he manages to squeeze the most out of it.

tumblr_o4mjno8IRW1uxn89go1_r1_400.gif

Who's a good cat? Yes you are. It stands above any full length feature Shinkai's done for me.

I guess I should have said human emotion, because he apparently understands how a cat feels pretty well.

The series for that hit me right in the damn heart, so I can't complain about that one. The short is a good jumping off point, though.

Voices of a Distant Star is the only Shinkai work that I really liked. The rest are just pretty, yet vapid, long movies

Mr. Shinkai just posted a new pic of his movie:
DVkMXiYU0AIdF5e.jpg:large

I don't know Japanese, so maybe someone could translate the main pic of the cat?

Anyway, the thumbnails below look more interesting:

We have a series of images of a guy under an umbrella
hT06d0M.png
S8WsEUl.png
7RDnl4b.png
fVGbPRW.png

From the name of the audio files, it's obvious that we have sound of footsteps in rain, ambient sound of rain, sound of "bird crowd" (I don't know if this mean a flock of birds, or he misspelled "crows") and sound of a train. So we can deduce that the character is running in the rain, on a road next to rail with a train passing by.

Last edited:
Mr. Shinkai just posted a new pic of his movie:
DVkMXiYU0AIdF5e.jpg:large

I don't know Japanese, so maybe someone could translate the main pic of the cat?

Anyway, the thumbnails below look more interesting:

We have a series of images of a guy under an umbrella
hT06d0M.png
S8WsEUl.png
7RDnl4b.png
fVGbPRW.png

From the name of the audio files, it's obvious that we have sound of footsteps in rain, ambient sound of rain, sound of crowds and sound of a train. So we can deduce that the character is running in the rain, on road next to rail with a train passing by.
The creator of your name and 5cmps is making a movie with a dude and a train in it?

I refuse to believe it's true

Back