Altered Carbon: Resleeved

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by ZetsubouKaiji, Nov 13, 2018.

1. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

2. ZetsubouKaiji

As much I found the series to be mediocre sci-fi with some neat concepts. I think an anime with the right creative team could go really nuts with the art and make something cool. It's a world where if you have money you can genetically engineer any kind of body you want and you can switch bodies whenever you get bored. There's all kinds of interesting places that can go.

BaeSensei likes this.
  3. Krizz

Krizz New Member

Posted by Krizz on Nov 21, 2018
    Loved the Netflix show. Have a hard time imagining an animated version that compares especially with the condensed format and awkwardness of more mature themes when put into anime. Still probably worth checking out.

4. Fluffs

Fluffs Database Moderator

Posted by Fluffs on Nov 22, 2018
    Oh I liked this show - the TV show is based on the book. Wonder if anime follows the TV show or the book (cause they had some differences)

5. Bestanimeserie

Bestanimeserie Well-Known Member

Oh damn! didn't know there'd be an anime about this. Very interested!

6. niotabunny

niotabunny Well-Known Member

I can't help but state things can still be done in animation that real life (cgi) still can't do. granted we're getting there, but still not fast enough. with that stated I found the over all notion of Altered Carbon, so when I heard Netflix was going to be running with an animated idea, I was like why not. I just hope they don't take the first season and basically make an animated version, that would be a complete waste of time and animation adventures. but to see the gun slinging android in action now that's going to be fun. where else to see some of the best scifi related art than animation itself! once it appears I'll be seriously watching it without a doubt!

Nicknames, Mayank and Fluffs like this.
  7. ZetsubouKaiji

You can tell this is a Netflix original when less than a minute into the episode there's 50 foot tall hologram stripper ass. I haven't seen this much crack since I watched New Jack City.

The CG is good so far.

8. Mayank

Mayank Database Moderator

Posted by Mayank on Mar 19, 2020
    So I totally expected this to be a series but it turns out it's a 1 hour movie. I'm wondering if they're doing movie installments or just a self contained film.

Nicknames and ZetsubouKaiji like this.
  9. BaeSensei

BaeSensei New Member

I liked the original show too. Super surprised that they made it into an anime. Has anybody watched this yet? Is it any good.

10. ZetsubouKaiji

I thought it was an okay side story. It's nothing essential to the show. It's just Takeshi going on a Yakuza side quest. There's a lot of action. The CG looks good. The plot is thin, but still has some neat science fiction ideas. The girl Takeshi is guarding is kind of grating though.

11. Akishima

Akishima Well-Known Member

I didn't realize A-P actually had an entry for this or I would have posted about it here. I enjoyed the film for what it was- some nice yakuza action set in the Altered Carbon universe. It was fun to see what they did with it animated- reminded me of the Yakuza games a bit (just the art, haven't played them) and Ghost in the Shell. Anyway, it was nothing too memorable, but a fun watch.

ZetsubouKaiji likes this.