Active Raid Second

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by chii, Jun 29, 2016.

1. chii

chii Well-Known Member

Posted by chii on Jun 29, 2016
  2. Etue

Etue Well-Known Member

Posted by Etue on Jun 30, 2016
    Fans glance apart this in silence.
    Mostly because they don't exist.
    This show has no fans yet it became to have a second season.
    We look upon this second season and gare at the sky.
    Asking god, why, how, what and who.
    If god could smile back and us notice
    will it be a smile or will it be macabre grin?
    I wouldn't know.
    But still I must ask.
    Why.

Zaig likes this.
  3. AdmiralMuffin

AdmiralMuffin Well-Known Member

Episode 1:
    Yay. Mediocre Patlabor rip-off is back.

Episode 1 was...okay actually. Nothing terrible but nothing amazing either. It's passable. There were some amusing bits like Asami's commercial and Arai Satomi playing a Hispanic woman who speaks in broken, profanity-laced Japanese. I sure as heck didn't expect Sena to start a cleaning company but then again he's too diligent and straight-laced so maybe the cleaning business is suited for him. Oh and Yukari Tamura joins the cast.

I just hope we get better bad guys this time. Logos was just crap.

4. AdmiralMuffin

Episode 7:
    Ari Ozawa is usually known for her cutesy roles but this episode pretty much proves she has some decent range. She was just fucking hilarious in this episode. I gotta say Active Raid S2 has been a delight so far. It still has problems but it's a major step-up over S1. It's more consistent and funnier. I mean I didn't really cared much for these characters last season but now they're all a riot.

5. AdmiralMuffin

Episode 12:
    A rushed and unsatisfying ending. The "space battle" wasn't that good though the launch process before the fight was actually pretty cool to watch. Well with that said, I actually enjoyed my time with this show. It's an improvement over the first season thanks to a funnier script and the characters are a lot of more quirky and lovable than before. Especially Asami. I sure really wouldn't mind a Brain and Fingers spin-off but there's very unlikely to happen. Unfortunately, despite all that, it's still a mediocre show overall.

I give it a 6 out of 10.

6. Etue

Etue Well-Known Member

Posted by Etue on Sep 26, 2016
    Episode 12

Mediocrity at it's finest. Surely Ape was supposed to be the next villain in the show. Regardless it is as muffin says. Mediocrity that instead of being as dull as mud was actually more bearable this time around. Still this anime's final chapter really puts forth that it lacks in story writing perhaps the overarching plot became the biggest detractor to the second season after the first was so poor as well. The first put story first and was awful. This placed story second but the writing in the end is still the same quality and even if you remove the running plot from the focus point the fact that it's still the same quality as the dull first season just drags the show into forgetfulness. Still this was a valid attempt into making something out of this show but in the end having a good go at recycling trash without grinding it down to it's key components and recording it with proper oversight is practically undoable.

2.75/5 ( The ending is still lackluster and pulls this season of this show down. )