Action anime with its own internalized reasons for ecchi and fanservice

xxninja666xx

"Ah, shit, here we go again", to quote a certain famous black video game protagonist. I suddenly got in a mood for some lowest common denominator entertainment that would pander to my inner perverted teenager.

I'm looking for action-ecchi recommendations. I want a fairly specific kind of ecchi anime, though. Here are the criteria:

• Over the top and not taking itself seriously at all. I guess that's kind of a given in an ecchi title, but I guess I'll point it out anyway, just in case you somehow manage to find something dark and serious that fits.
  • Equal balance of action and ecchi. That means, the show doesn't slow down to a grinding halt and sacrifice 10 minutes that could be used for something else, just for the sake of inserting a lengthy lewd scene. I want the ecchi and fanservice to be an integral, dynamic part of the action, not a show stopper.
  • Hard ecchi. Gratuitous nudity, pantyshots, fetish scenes, and sexualization of everything to the level that borders on hentai.
  • A reason for all the hard ecchi, internalized within the show's logic. It's always fun to see dumb reasons as to why characters suddenly decide to get nude, start fondling each other, or basically start having sex in the middle of a battle, while taking it extremely seriously at the same time cause apparently their victory literally depends on it.
  • Either an all-female cast, or a male protagonist that instead of being a stereotypical wimpy punching bag, that's afraid of women, is more of a confident, scummy "player" who takes advantage of the female characters.
  • No censorship beyond the absolutely necessary. So basically only bare crotch. Everything else should be fully visible and in plain sight.
  • A complete, self-contained experience. A conclusive ending, no sequel in the works that I have to wait for, and no manga required to get the full story.

The theme can be whatever, the setting can be whatever, and the age of the show can be whatever, as long as it meets all of my criteria.

Some of the shows that fit, that I enjoyed in the past:

• Queen's Blade
  • Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid
  • Shin Cutey Honey
  • Abashiri Ikka
  • Kekkou Kamen

The list isn't long, I know, but I barely watch any ecchi, let alone super hard ecchi, so...

Anyway, I hope you'll be able to find me something I'm gonna enjoy. Thanks in advance for all the help.

Highschool of the Dead - zombies and boobs, what more can i say
Kill la Kill - Clothes are evil. That is the premise. Cool fight scenes, lots of nudity and its really funny too.
Trinity Seven - Has the kind of protagonist you're looking for, mix of action and ecchi, ecchi scenes can be unnecessary quite often but give it a go. I didn't like it as much as I thought I would but that's only cuz I hated Lilith (Arin is best girl).

I appreciate that you took the time to make a specific request rather than just throw out a generic tag request.

Chivalry of a Failed Knight - While the fan service is not exactly over the top in this series, I am going to recommend it anyway because it has plenty of cute waifus to go around and the combat was well done.
High School DxD - I think this series might be exactly what you are looking for. The main character is a perverted guy who dies and gets revived as a servant of a devil girl. He gets superpowers that grow stronger based on how turned on he gets. Plenty of nudity as well.
Strike Witches TV - This doesn't have the action tag, but I'm really not sure why. This anime has a heavy focus on air to air combat between witches from various countries coming together to fight against a hive mind AI kind of enemy.
How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord - The main character reflects an enslavement spell that a cute elf girl and a cute beast girl tries to cast on him and ends up having them as his slaves instead.

Last edited:
"Ah, shit, here we go again", to quote a certain famous black video game protagonist. I suddenly got in a mood for some lowest common denominator entertainment that would pander to my inner perverted teenager.

High school DXD is by far the best. Action, Fan service and comedy well balanced. Funimation and youtube site has the uncensored version you can also get the dvd's at fye uncensored.

The testament of sister new devil Early episodes border line hentai, more fan service and less comedy and action then High school dxd but still good overall. The second season has more action and less fan service. Finding it uncensored is usually difficult.

I haven't heard of any of these, but they all sound pretty cool.

They are some famous ecchi and action animes.
The testament of sister new devil feels pretty much border line hentai in some episodes.
Freezing artwork is rally impressive.

Good luck watching them if you havent watched them yet :)

Back