Ace of the Diamond: Second Season

I've enjoyed this match, and the surrounding mini-arc, but my god, i felt like Sawamura was never going to throw that pitch today. The last seven or eight minutes was build up to it.

Damn you Madhouse, damn you to hell.

I skipped 3 minutes and they were still building up to the pitch. I knew everything in between was flashbacks and random crap...

I should commented of last week's episode but I'm not looking forward to the outcome of this final 4 whatever. The idea they introduce a new character who is yearning to play with the team while they are on a championship run spells disasters. Maybe I'm being paranoid but I really want to see them win, for the coach and to break the cliches.

I should commented of last week's episode but I'm not looking forward to the outcome of this final 4 whatever. The idea they introduce a new character who is yearning to play with the team while they are on a championship run spells disasters. Maybe I'm being paranoid but I really want to see them win, for the coach and to break the cliches.

Yeah that's what nice about sports anime nowadays. You won't know who'll win sometimes. Also because of the high school year levels making this anime so wide already before even going to nationals. :)

35:

That was an intense ending to a great game. I was so damn glad that Miyuki got the chance to shine here. He usually plays a pretty key role, but he's rarely ever the big hero so it was really satisfying to see him knock the walk off home run after getting run over last episode. I'm guessing he got his big moment here because he'll be out injured for the next game.

Episode 41:

Wow, I just had to post how great this episode was.
I've been a fan of Yakushi ever since they were introduced so I was glad that it looks like this game is going to do them justice. The pacing for this episode was great, as there was a good balance between strategy and action. They might have only played a single inning of baseball, but it felt really eventful. I loved the comedy bits with the Yakushi coach especially when it came down to his dimwitted pitcher. The dimwitted pitcher was pretty funny all on his own when he accidentally stopped the ball Miyuki hit and turned what could have been a disaster into a double play. I got a good laugh out of him trying to play it off like he did it intentionally and absolutely no one buying it.

The Seido end of the game was pretty good as well. Everyone is stepping up their game because they realize they can't let an injured Miyuki carry them. They all want to play at the top of their game so his injury isn't revealed or aggravated. Shirashu's diving catch at the end was pretty fuckin' badass.

Can't wait to see the rest of this game unfold.

Thoughts on the entire season:

Honestly this was amazing. I had forgotten how good this series was. I was worried at the end of the first season as I thought the series would lose its steam with the third years, given how uninteresting most of the other players were, but I was dead wrong! Still wished I could have seen them play with the team again, but I liked how most of the last episode revolved around them. The feelings were legit.

Also love how you can never tell how a match is going to unfold. The development of so many characters including those from different teams is done so damn well too, you end up rooting for both sides every game.

Production wise, this was excellent too. I did start to notice how they reused a lot of scenes, like whenever they got an out on first base it was always the exact same scene. Or Kominato's eyes when going for a hit. But that's unavoidable in a long running series, and the animation is done excellently anyway so it's no big deal. The OST was reused from the first season, which I have no issues with because it was a perfect fit.

Overall this was excellent and I loved every second! Can't wait for more, but unfortunately the manga isn't much further ahead, so there's a good chance this will never get an anime continuation :/. Also I'm a bit worried about the length of the series. The manga is 10 years old, and they haven't even covered the first year. And I presume they will be covering all 3 years of Sawamura's life considering his goal of becoming the ace and introducing the up and coming first years. I see no reason for them to pull a Kuroko either and end it after the first year. This series has no end in sight lol.

Anyway 5/5. Looking forward to IG and Madhouses next collab, All Out!

Back