Ability to mark which episodes one has watched

GlennMagusHarvey

[This is a feature request.]

I was recently watching episodes of the third season of Pokémon -- i.e. The Johto Journeys -- and I noticed that the "Pokemon" listing on A-P covers at least the first three seasons of the series. I wanted to mark some episodes as watched, but starting only at the beginning of the Johto League sub-series/arc/whateveryou'dcallit, but I don't have a way to do so.

Ideally, I'd be able to mark the individual episodes watched. I know that even in the Indigo (Kanto) League, the actual episodes I caught were scattered and somewhat inconsistent, because I never had the chance to, y'know, catch 'em all. This could also allow me to more accurately catalogue a couple other long-runner shows where I've seen a (non-consecutive-from-the-first) selection of episodes.

If marking individual episodes isn't possible, I could perhaps make do with a free text entry field. This is...kinda what MAL currently has; it's actually a space for tags but I've used it to leave notes on my list. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think A-P has this on anime lists -- though it has an actual free text entry field on custom lists. So, a way to leave notes on the entries in one's list would allow for a flexible space to put information like non-consecutive episodes watched.

Sidenote: the current image for the first Pokémon series conspicuously says "Indigo League" in its cover image, which is misleading given the fact that this actually covers the Indigo/Kanto, Orange Islands, and Johto leagues. (In fact, searching "orange islands" or "johto" redirects to there already.)
https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/pokemon
(I guess splitting this up into multiple entries could also solve my issue in this case...)

Not a mod obviously, but I'd like to suggest some alternatives you could use. If you want to jot down notes in general, other than using MAL tags/comments (which I use myself for jotting down my impressions), you could create a custom anime list (something like "Series I watched partially/only some episodes of") and add Pokemon and comment next to it the episodes you've watched and other stuff of note. But for specifically noting episodes when you've watched or only intend to watch only some episodes, it seems neiter A-P or MAL have this ability (haven't tried Anilist or Kitsu, but I don't think they do either). To my experience, a more general tv series tracking website could have this feature: trackseries.tv, which is the one I use myself for any western/asian live-action tv series I intend to watch (as esp. for the western series I might have already seen some eps. on tv) - and also for anime for which I intend to skip episodes, as it also has anime in its db - has this feature for example (see image below; upon clicking on the eye icon the specific episode is marked as watched, with the eye becoming a checkmark, and thus you can see at a glance what you have and haven't seen yet; also Pokemon is registered there as a single entry with each show counting as a season of it).
DLHyFTw.png
Hope this helped a bit.

Back