A Couple of Cuckoos

oh ha, the slip into pin down into kiss.
Harem classic.
idk, i don't feel like writing much anymore for this series. I'll probably continue watching but unless something big happens i'll cease the forum posts.

oh ha, the slip into pin down into kiss.
Harem classic.
idk, i don't feel like writing much anymore for this series. I'll probably continue watching but unless something big happens i'll cease the forum posts.
Sadly, it's probably due to how plain things are.

Episode 11
Meh. They are hell bent on ruining the sister the same way they did with purple hair. I have no issues with a well written spoilt imouto character but she isn't well written, she just gets huffy about literally anything and takes it out on MC. It feels like they wanted a tsundere but they didn't want a tsundere, so with got... whatever she is.

My hopes lie with the remaining half of the show being focused on Amano (please don't ruin her too!) and maybe writing some kind of a story to tie the episodes together, I mean, we have parts of one, all revolving around her dads weird behaviour.

i might be able to tolerate 12 episodes of this trash, but 24 episodes? i'm out. not worth it in the slightest.

EP 12 - wait... did Sacchi's ice cream last her from the start of the day to the end?
The Segawa stuff was pretty boring, I'm trying to give her another chance but I wont sugar coat things either, them studying in a library isn't my idea of fun. The kick-boxing scene could of been more fun if they dropped the dumb chest staring joke and focused on their power more, I don't mind fan service but this wasn't really fan service, it felt like a poor attempt to just throw in a reason to point out she got boobs, besides, this show really doesn't fit the fan service genre after 12 episodes of being tame.

That aside, Sachi just ate ice cream and didn't move all episode, I hardly see a point in her being present at all. I feel her character is a mess though, they should of just made her be a bro-con over her weird stuck-up self she is.

The Amano part was... there. I didn't dislike it but nothing really happened, they went shopping, got ate by a python (quite sure this isn't how pet shops work) and then went for a run.
I like they bringing her into the scene now, finally. Quite sure they could of tackled it better though, not just her realising (off scene) that she might not hate the idea of marrying him... but she doesn't like him, yet.

The looking up the definition of "love" was cringe.

I do like he saw all three as bride candidates. No idea why he saw his sister, despite them having 0 progress and him not knowing she sees him in that kind of light, it's you know... his sister. But whatever. I think it would made more sense if they had some progress somewhere to create some romantic interest. Not that i care, I just like the used the three to imply he does think this way.

Watched the 1st 3 episodes...it had potential, but some poor directing.

When the switched at birth duo meet, their interaction voided some common sense:

* Guy knows about who he was swapped with, and did not recognize her, he said she looked familiar, but conveniently didn't know who she was, despite how similar she'd probably look to his sister and mother, in combination with most likely seeing photos of her.

* She hears his story and doesn't know she was switched?

* When she comes to the meeting, the fact she didn't realize she was switched at birth with MC implies when the topic was brought up, it was her 1st time hearing about it, he she didn't dwell on that part at all, it was as if the arranged marriage was still the only thing for her to consider.

I feel much of the reactions to situations were far too unrealistic to feel immersed.....then there is the fact that a child's gender is known long before they're born, and announced right after they're born. If you get a baby boy, how do you accept taking home a baby girl? And the hair was different colors, were both mothers completely passed out when their child was born? were both fathers absent?...........

Nobody at school knew he was a switched at birth person? seems like a topic that would have come up at some point, I know his sister called him a loner, but his communication skills and willingness to communicate is far from awkward. It's hard to buy him not having even 1 friend.

Is the bro-con/sis-con thing a real phenomenon in Japan? or are there just a bunch of deviant writers? I don't care if he's not your "real brother", If you spend youe entire lives growing up in the same small house as siblings, you'd naturally form a sibling connection and not form romantic feelings......

3 episodes, and a decent chunk of gripes, so I expect more to come, but there was some entertainment mixed in.

3 episodes, and a decent chunk of gripes, so I expect more to come, but there was some entertainment mixed in.
Lots more (gripes) coming your way. Depending on how much you like the purple haired girl will vastly affect your experience too as, without spoilers, she dominated most of the screen time in the first 10 episodes with some exceptions.
Quick pointers if you wanna join this roller coaster, the sister will annoy you fast, regardless if you did or didn't like her to begin with, she gets annoying. The purple haired girl as said dominated this thing for the first half so if you don't like her (like myself), expect that to grind at you (she is also apparently perfection its self) but there are some moments thrown in here with aren't terrible.
I can already see my end view of this show, whilst the premise isn't great, the setup for it as stupid as it is for a plot, does leave room for some comedic writing or romcom setups but it will be lost in dumb characters with personalities which don't complement the plot.

11 like nothing happened.

12 however I liked. You see, I am a fan of fit girls and workout clothing.. Segawa got points. Largely for that alone, and really she's still boring lol. BUT WE GETTING SOME AMANO PROGRESS MAYBE KINDA? Any progress is progress at this point. Also me monkey brain and enjoy tsundere's. Plus like, more bonus points for the workout clothing. And negative points for the clothes she had Nagi wear, I did not like those. Ew.

The kick-boxing scene could of been more fun if they dropped the dumb chest staring joke
Yeah! Should have showed off her legs more instead!
But yeah it's strange this show hasn't been big on fanservice but just threw some boobs in front of us, I didn't dislike it but it felt out of place.

If you get a baby boy, how do you accept taking home a baby girl?
Dude you don't just pop out a child absolutely unsure of it's gender, let alone look at it even a little bit to then bring home an entirely different child that doesn't even look the same as the one that just popped out of you? Yeah this shows initial concept has so many flaws it's not even remotely funny. Except that it is funny. At how dumb it is.

Yeah! Should have showed off her legs more instead!
touché.
But yeah it's strange this show hasn't been big on fanservice but just threw some boobs in front of us, I didn't dislike it but it felt out of place.
Yeah, my thing is, I don't hate fan service but it needs to belong, either in a dedicated episode (normally the beach/pool) or otherwise in a show which uses it, it don't have to be 24/7 fan service, but surely you don't just throw it in after 12 episodes so casually, it makes me believe that either we don't know MC at all which would be worrying after 12 episodes, or they just wanted to insert it... for reasons.
Besides.. if we going that route, Sign me up to amano!, Segawa can go away.

And negative points for the clothes she had Nagi wear, I did not like those. Ew.
Oh hell yeah! I seriously cringed when she said it looked good, I thought she was doing it to get back at him, like make him wear it publicly so everyone laughs at him (because she was pissed off or something) but nope, apparently... that was good looking? Nope, nu-uh, not on this planet did that even look average, it looked dumb!

When does the second cour start?
From my understanding, tomorrow. I think it only has a one week gap but i could be mistaken, I haven't looked into it but the charts say this at least. So yeah, check tomorrow, if it doesn't air as normal, then no idea.

Episode 13 - it wasn't terrible but there is some issues here
Look, I get it, Segawa isn't "Mad" about the fact he blew his exam but she also is. Screw Amano's explanation of "respect as a rival", she is so caught up in her competitive side that this is all she sees. I'm not implying that is all there is to her but man it just makes her feel trashy, which could be my view as I'm not exactly her biggest fan but still, my point is the contrast, Amano's take on his sulking after defeat was effectively to the tune of "I don't care where you rank, as long as your you and you find it fun", obviously not her words exactly but she implied the obvious, to enjoy yourself whilst being yourself, where as Segawa's is more "Study and aim to be no.1, failure is not a option", which sure is logically sound but in practice means your throwing everything away.

Can we also just appreciate the difference, the way Amano treated his drop, she so so chill. Sure you could argue the obvious, she isn't smart so why should she expect anyone else to be but that's not the point here, she accepts him no matter what.
Man Segawa sucks as always.

I was hoping for a little more input from Sachi here, could of been a nice point to score a point or three. Truth is, she played her role fine, she explained how he only ever knows 1st or 2nd, being so low obviously would hit him harder. Still, could of took the high ground and comforted him.

I would say props for the basketball scene but nope. She came across as jealous but not jealous but more... spiteful. "I thought I was the only one who could cheer you up", maybe it's me being vindictive but boy did this whole thing wreak of spite, as if she was annoyed Amano is able to help now too. Which, my hate for Segawa aside, what could she expect? Her idea of helping him thus far is mostly just feeding her own ego or competing, nothing actually is for his benefit, even the amusement park "date" was a whim for herself under the reasoning of "him keeping up" with her, which... c'mon, how can she act shocked that Amano does better at cheering him up.
No idea how this made him realise he still loves her. Quite sure his Amano readings should of been sky high.

Anyways, for all the negatives i listed, I didn't actually hate this, it was nice seeing him fall in rank, but whilst it sounds a bit twisted, i enjoyed the scene in his room, when it really rank in how he lost sight of everything, winning to give his parents a nicer life, beating Segawa to make her accept his confessing etc, these thoughts hitting him in the dark of his room and him truly understanding how he fell, it just felt good, I wont say realistic but it certainly gave more feeling to it than just "he lost". I'm a little sad it ended with him returning to studying, I hoped he heard Amano's advice to enjoy himself too.
But yeah, I guess the parts around him and his troubled exam was enjoyable.
I'm oddly annoyed he keeps blaming the fact he got cocky, dude you barely looked at your paper, it wasn't your ego going to your head which made you fail, it was your inability to focus due to thoughts on your mind, stop looking to blame yourself and your achievements, accept you wasn't focused and your head was elsewhere and be done!

Watching until the end but it's pretty boring
Same for me. Imo it's not the worst show, but also not that great.
Maybe binging when it is complete is a better experience ? Since each episode doesn't deliver that much progress / content ? Idk, also i'm already locked in to weekly watching here.

Episode 17
Errr urgh.
Okay, so good things first (there isn't many) - The confession play was kind of well done, not don't get me wrong, I didn't like it but i admit i did think he had confessed due to how they made her run in flustered and him looking super cocky. Now this is double edged as it would of been pretty shitty if he had confessed and she took it serious, considering she is a model with literal stalkers but some dude catching a light box would of pulled her.
That aside... errr... hmmm, Amano picked Nagi at the end, which i assume is the pantsu situation but we will see.

Otherwise:
It was pure lazy to write Sacchi out this way, She isn't all smiles but it was pure lazy, the second it said she has a cold i verbally said "feels like a cheap way to write her out the episode", didn't surprise me to find i was write, she wasn't present at all. Equally, it made no sense to bring this annoying kid, did they need 4? Amano said the trip would be cancelled but alas they can go now he is there? C'mon???
Speaking of, this kid needs shooting. I can't stand him. And what's with them subs? I couldn't understand half of what he said, what does "Stan" someone mean? I thought it was a typo for stand but that wasn't is as it would still make 0 sense, half of the gibberish leaving his mouth was annoying and the other half was terribly subbed so no one who reads english could do so properly, I honestly felt my brain cells dying.

The episode plot sucked too, camp trip, seems fair, but in short nothing happened.

Segawa's not to climatic ending of betraying Amano by trying to help annoying dude hookup with her is yawn too, like okay, she wants to have Nagi for herself, well considering he has confessed to her, admitted he still loves her, continues to try and beat her in tests to win her approval and continues to gaze stupidly at her, quite sure if she just told him how she feels or accepted his confession she would be fine, so why the dagger in back play? It's quite literally not needed. All the same, I wish Nagi would figure it out that he wants Erika now, Segawa's focus in every episode has really made me dislike her. I'm always a underdog supporter anyways but this show doesn't even pretend to play fair, which i wouldn't have a issue with if Segawa wasn't rejecting every second whilst then being upset she has rejected him.

The confession play was kind of well done, not don't get me wrong, I didn't like it but i admit i did think he had confessed due to how they made her run in flustered and him looking super cocky.
Agreed, they had me fooled here too. But then again Annoying-kun is quite the coward, right ?

It was pure lazy to write Sacchi out this way, She isn't all smiles but it was pure lazy, the second it said she has a cold i verbally said "feels like a cheap way to write her out the episode", didn't surprise me to find i was write, she wasn't present at all. Equally, it made no sense to bring this annoying kid, did they need 4? Amano said the trip would be cancelled but alas they can go now he is there? C'mon???
this part had me confused. Like why would they need 4 people ? Isn't it a purely private vacation ?
I guess it was meant to be out of respect for Sachi or maybe they deemed it not to be worth for only the 3 of them to go ? Idk.

I couldn't understand half of what he said, what does "Stan" someone mean? I thought it was a typo for stand but that wasn't is as it would still make 0 sense, half of the gibberish leaving his mouth was annoying and the other half was terribly subbed so no one who reads english could do so properly, I honestly felt my brain cells dying.
My luffy site had no "Stan"s in the translation. Altough some parts were so bad and incorrect english it made me cringe too. Felt like Google Translate.
The decline of fansubbers due to everybody leeching off of Crunchyroll seems real.

Segawa's not to climatic ending of betraying Amano by trying to help annoying dude hookup with her is yawn too, like okay, she wants to have Nagi for herself
Here is the only part where i had a different perception than you: is it really betraying ? Did Erika ever say something that she leans toward Nagi ? From what i remember, it should be fair play for Segawa to help Annoying-kun with Erika. It's not like she helps him abduct Erika into his personal sex dungeon. At least not at this part of the story. I do hope so.

is it really betraying
Well, I admit when i wrote that even I did feel like it felt a bit of a exaggerated term, but other than not being able to think of something better and two more minor reasons is the reason i left it as such, I figure her "no more secrets" rule kind of touches a grey area here, assuming she doesn't tell Erika about her efforts to assist annoying guy, it kind of betrays her secret policy she setup, so there is that (I know it's minor but hey, she made the rules), and i dunno, if it isn't a betrayal of friendship to set your friend up with him, i dunno what is. I mean, he is the definition of annoying, his only redeeming trait thus far is that i think he is mostly harmless, and no, giving everyone he approaches a headache doesn't count as a positive trait.

But then again Annoying-kun is quite the coward, right ?
Very much so. Heck, when I realised it was a trick and he never confessed, I figured he at least cowarded out and maybe dropped a subtle hint or something to suggest his feelings exist but nope, thanks is it. Dude sucks.

Like why would they need 4 people ? Isn't it a purely private vacation ?
Good to know i didn't miss something because I honestly felt like a line or 4 had gone missing here. As you say, it was her private home, not sure why he was needed, at least if they was going somewhere else and splitting a bill it might make more sense (though that would of been 3 girls and one male, so the bill splitting in a term of rooms would likely not of applied).
I guess it was meant to be out of respect for Sachi or maybe they deemed it not to be worth for only the 3 of them to go ? Idk.
Honestly I just figured they wanted a excuse to bring him into the show, I guess he is supposed to be minor comic relief (i use that word very loosely) and possibly a outlet for MC to realise he has feelings for Erika as his two appearances has sparked them either getting closer or him feeling emotions (like here) when competition arises. Still, I felt the move was doing dirty to Sacchi, she isn't my favourite but it seems they opt for any excuse to side line her. At least make her go to a friends party or something. Or better yet, don't invite this kid full stop, dude is just annoying.

The decline of fansubbers due to everybody leeching off of Crunchyroll seems real.
Yeah, I never thought fan subbers vanishing would cause this level of subs, but i guess official subs (can we really use the word official when they are so bad?) have no need to offer real service now so they just do their own thing.

I am mega behind on this due to my Xenoblade break from anime, but I'm planning on catching up on this soon!
what does "Stan" someone mean?
In the simplest terms, it's basically being a fan of someone. It's used a lot in the idol communities and stuff, like you "Stan" this particular idol within the group, being that you are a huge fan of that singular person in the group. I don't know the context from the current episode but yeah.

In the simplest terms, it's basically being a fan of someone.
Thanks for explaining, though it still a stupid term lol. You will understand when you see the scene. though it was just used as a one individual as opposed to a group.

Still don't get the idea of using slang when its clear many wont understand it, one shouldn't need to ask definitions of words in their own language unless they don't understand the base word. Anime subbers have been butchering subs a lot recently inserting slang or currently relevant culture terms in which will become obsolete and make no sense to anyone in a few years.

Just watched 17 im finally back in with this show
Somehow Matsuoka managed to nail being absolutely goddamn annoying with that guys voice, excellent job. I hate that he is even on this trip with them, but i guess they needed something to use as a plot device to move some stuff along in its own way. Have a feeling there will be some developments next week so there will likely be more to say then but for now I wish he was gone. From existence, preferably.
Still don't get the idea of using slang when its clear many wont understand it, one shouldn't need to ask definitions of words in their own language unless they don't understand the base word. Anime subbers have been butchering subs a lot recently inserting slang or currently relevant culture terms in which will become obsolete and make no sense to anyone in a few years.
I agree with this absolutely. I was going to rebuttal this with the only way it being acceptable is if the character in question is actually speaking in incredibly modern/slangy japanese, which in this case the easiest and most logical translation would be our english equivalent, or using their own modern english localization, it would make sense. But after actually watching, and listening to what hes saying in japanese...hes speaking very normally, just higly exaggerated to next level annoyance. On no level of existence did he say anything close to half what those subtitles said, and while I did laugh at him calling Nagi "poggers", it was not because it was funny, it was because it was so damn stupid. I'm relatively well versed in modern slang, so everything they were saying in the subs made sense, but contextually the guy said absolutely nothng even remotely similar. Though I will say, when Nagi said "what" and the subtitles said "Nani?" I busted the hardest fuckin laugh I probably have this entire show.

Back