Dog Days

Tsumibito

[sadht]Dog Days[/sadht][sadhl=3895]dog-days[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

"Birth of a Hero!"
"Yūsha Tanjō!" (勇者誕生!)

ep 1. Started off pretty good as usual a boy going back in time to save another world... who has seen that also mix in the cat and dog eared girls and i thought wed have a good harem or comedy on our hands. I was wrong. Premise of the show seems to be about a giant sports festival that they would call war. Overall im not really feeling it since it has that Shounen vibe to it. I will pass judgement after a few more episodes.

I almost stopped watching the show when I realized the boy was into some weird gymnastics-type sport, but once the neko-mimi and inu-mimi's popped up, I couldn't stop watching.

So far, I think the plot is more interesting than those other "average guy/girl goes to some strange place and attempts to liberate a wartorn world from its destructive path by becoming the hero/heroine." From my impressions, what is central is completing/conquering an obstacle course by running through it, and that makes for a refreshing experience compared to the usual homicidal, fanasty battles. Though, simply these by themselves are impossible to take up 12 episodes (at least, I don't hope it's just race after race after race straight through), which makes me all the more interested what the plot will develop in the upcoming episodes.

Im not digging this too much.

I was ok with the whole Main being a gymnastic nut, i mean would be pretty cool to see a gymnastic swordsman killing some people. Seriously though mock wars with neko girls? Meh

So far i think ep 1 was good (in my personal opinion-the character setting is my type:)
I guess Dog Days is a moe-kei anime which drags in a typical type of audience by having the neko-mimi and the inu-mimi

When i found out that the main character- Shinku had a background of doing gymnastic a stuff it brought my mood for watching the anime down(-Д-\)=3

But after seeing the scenes when Shinku waved around the stick (棒) and showed some of his gymnastic skills it triggered me to like this anime >3<

after visiting the HP of Dog days and reading the reviews of other people i felt something like a deja vu about how the anime was set-
-normal school student ends up in a different world
-end up being a yuusha-hero
the anime i thought it was a bit similar was - Zero no tsukaima

HP TV

Zero no tsukaima only with no war... and cat and dog girls?

yeah... i think i can skip this one. ep 1 lost my interest pretty fast.

I'm liking it so far. The basic concept of a human being summoned to a fantasy world to help fight a war has been done before, but this one at least seems a bit more out of the ordinary. I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking out of this series, but it has the potential to be something fun.

The most surprising thing for me so far is that none of the characters in the first episode got on my nerves. I was expecting most of them to drive me up a wall by having the whole "look at me, I'm as sweet as sugar!" personality traits, but it didn't bother me like it normally would. I wonder why :\

I'll be checking out the second episode since the first kept me interested enough.

Zero no tsukaima only with no war... and cat and dog girls?

yeah... i think i can skip this one. ep 1 lost my interest pretty fast.

This... I'll give it 2 or 3 more eps... If I can stand it for so long. It's like ninja warrior but crap.

My standards are pretty low as long as:
A. its not way to serious
B. the artstyle isnt too old fashion looking

Since it was neither of those i like the show not much to tell about the story or plot yet since im only 1 episode in.

You like this over Tiger and Bunny? -.-
Episode one had me snoring. At least Tiger and Bunny is fresh and unique.

I kind of liked this. I do like Ninja Warrior... and obviously this isn't as good, but I'm willing to continue watching as long as it doesn't get too bad. I also didn't think any of the characters so far were annoying. It also doesn't hurt that the characters were so cute. :laugh: I really wasn't expecting this to be a gymnastics/exercise type of thing though.

Ep 2.

Fighting on would be too much fan-service. o.o
33tl8n4.png
aua743.png
Okay, well at least we now know what age category this anime belongs in, The fighting scenes were surprisingly interesting. It's very light hearted but I still think it's fun to watch without too much thinking but into it.

Last edited:
Still nothing spectacular.

I did think the fight scenes were done semi well at least enough to keep me watching, does really feel like ZnT though in more ways then one.

ep 2. Uhhhh im still not sure ya see some fanservice... but you also see them holding back... also the plot got a bit better at the end, but not much.

This show... I can't really describe it, but it's one of those shows you're not supposed to take seriously and just watch it. I'm fine with that, as long as it has some comedy elements to it.

Opinion: Most likely will finish it.

ep 3. Im still trying to figure out what the anime is geared towards, sometimes there isnt fanservice then they add it. But this ep was kinda funny and more of a back story to explain the world hes in.

Ep 1:

I'm going into this without any knowledge of what to expect... Based on the opening, this is another light-hearted, shallow fantasy adventure. Could be some entertaining fights and explosions...

It doesn't hurt that the second voice I hear is Wakamoto Norio. :laugh:

Lol, that thunder... what cheesy dramatics. :laugh:

The protagonist... Uh... Doesn't seem too bad... I guess?

...What? A commentator in a battle? O.o Suddenly I have a feeling things aren't as serious as they seemed. -.-'

Wars where people aren't killed... What a utopia... What do they need a hero for? -.-'

...Well, it's obviously a kids' show. I guess it was fun in a way, but I'm not sure if I care to watch another episode of this. Maybe I'll watch one more, just to see the "Hero" in action.

Edit ep 2:

Well, I guess it's not bad, but it's too childish, I'd have to be in a very special mood to enjoy this. I'll stall this for now, though I don't know if I'll ever finish it.

Last edited:
Back