86: Eighty Six - Part II

Sure looks like it to me. Cause I didn't see him nowhere, but they sure gave a lot of attention to that...thing.

Every promotional material, every image anime sites been showing features Shin as the protagonist.

Even the anime's official site has Shin listed as the main character and his face plastered front and center in the front page:
https://anime-86.com/

A new supporting character. Anything beyond that is spoiler territory. The point is Shin is not being replaced and is still the protagonist and central character of the show.
Cause that's what this show needed. A supporting character in the form of a loli with a voice that could shatter glass.

Boy, season 2 is gonna be such fun...

Cause that's what this show needed. A supporting character in the form of a loli with a voice that could shatter glass.

Boy, season 2 is gonna be such fun...

I suppose that depends on how much you can tolerate her archetype. To be honest, I'm indifferent towards her. Not a fan of the voice so far either. She has the same VA as Rim from Dungeon of a Black Company and she doesn't usually have that scratchy tone. But we'll see.

Episode 12:

Goddamn. That OP is such a banger and the visuals are just great.

We're officially in volume 2 territory now. Season 1 was nothing but bleak and depressing from start to finish so it's finally nice to see some light-hearted scenes. I've always loved this part in volume 2, seeing Shin and company experiencing what is like to be treated like actual human beings and them struggling to comprehend it. Though I'm not a fan of Ernst's voice. He sounds very...dandy.

Then, of course, we finally get a full look at Lena's new hardened persona, Bloody Reina or Bloody Lena, and well it's Regina here. In the novels, the English translation is Bloody Reina but the name "Regina" is clearly mentioned here in the anime. I dunno which is right. Maybe Yen Press made a mistake or something.

Anyhoo, seems like S2 is off to a solid start.

Last edited:
Ep 1:
Lena's attitude quite changed this season, now Shin and others is in the other nation to fight the remaining Legion. Hope this season is better or good as the 1st one.

I hate this already. This screeching little moeblob needs to fuck off, and
the fact they're all still alive. Kind of makes all that drama from the season 1 finale moot, doesn't it?

Episode 1

Ok how in the heck
does season 1 end with us seeing Shin having that "dream" of him going with his brother and then we are SHOWN his head being cut off only to have it been a bait? That was so weird to me.

Besides that though fantastic start for a new season. So much set up for our past cast and I'm excited to see where it goes. Their new "father" seems two-faced to hell and back but his comments at the end about trying to atone for something has me conflicted on if he's still a baddy or not.

Lena's edgy now! Red streak in her hair plus a black outfit to make it official. Her new squad seemed to warm up to her fast, I wonder how much of them we will see and if Lena will go through losing even more people.

Episode 1
Holy crap everyone's alive! Yay! I was thinking Shin was going to be the only one to live after how Season 1 ended/knowing that he was listed on the characters section here for Season 2. And holy crap I love Lena (again) already.
I'm glad I was able to jump back in without feeling lost too. Was worried that I would have forgotten stuff since it's been what feels like forever but it's slowly coming back to me.

Back