Wandering Son

AirCommodore

[sadht]Hourou Musuko[/sadht][sadhl=3476]Hourou Musuko[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]
Am I allowed to predict/declare 'Best Series of the Season!" if I've only watched the first episode of two of them?
At any rate, this was excellent, even though the way all the characters was introduced was confusing.
:love:

It was the best first episode I've seen this season and the soundtrack (excluding the OP and ED) seems just as good as the one in Madoka Magica. As a big fan of the manga I'm happy to say that my biggest gripe I have with this show is Shuu's VA, the voice just doesn't feel right to me. Almost everything else was great, even though they had to skip their elementary school years.

I actually found this episode to be rather boring.... IDK, if the entire series is like this, I get the feeling I will just forget to watch it before its done=\

Slow show is slooooooow. Good though. :)

I'm having trouble squaring the maturity of the theme/situations and the youth of the characters. Some act with the maturity of a 30yr old and others act like the 7th graders they are.

I freaking love these colors. The piano playing in the background is also a really nice touch.

Watching this puts me into a pleasant/pensive mood. I feel like I'd be able to write a poem right now or something (not that I would >_>).

Last edited:
Really I'm having a hard time deciding whether I like the show or if I'm just interested in it. Anyways quite a few good things about the show the music was good and the animation I found to be quite pleasant.

It was nice to hear Claire de Lune from Debussy in an anime :)
This show is interesting. The topic, the animation, the atmosphere... And I don't mind if it's slow-paced if it hits the spot. It reminds me of Byousoku 5 cm a bit.

I would be okay with this... if they didn't skip like... 30 chapters.

I mean, it's gonna be 11 episodes long. There's no way that 11+ volumes are gonna fit into that, so it makes sense to skip ahead to what they felt was the most interesting part.

I love slow shows that explain themselves in detail, i also enjoyed just how relaxed it was. The concept of the anime seems simple enough. Boy wants to be girl... girl wants to be a boy. This series i started to enjoy and will continue to watch.

I think I will pick this up when finished, I am yet to watch an anime with a subject matter such as gender identity and from all the closed-minded infuriating remarks about this anime over at Animetake I am reminded that I will probably actually enjoy a show like this.

Plus, when I first saw the PV I wanted to watch for the animation alone regardless of the story. Hope it pans out well though.

I mean, it's gonna be 11 episodes long. There's no way that 11+ volumes are gonna fit into that, so it makes sense to skip ahead to what they felt was the most interesting part.

Well, the manga starts when all the kids are still in elementary school, explains the problems between the trap and his sister and how it all started because their modeling together made her jealous or something like that. At least, that's how marmar explained it>.>

I agree that it is slow, but so far I'm alright with it. Character detail and the art is a nice touch, so it keeps me interested.

Episode 1:

Only show I'd been looking forward to, and it turned out much better than I hoped! The animation was gorgeous, the direction artful, and the emotions hit me hard.
The way the sister reacted upon finding him in her dress was heart-wrenching. I got a strong sense of his anguish, the kind of disapproval he's been living with, and also understood the frustration and irritation of his sister that she can't keep her clothes to herself. Bless them both.

The first episode did not disappoint. I'm thinking potential Koi Kaze rec. And hopefully as excellent. ^_^

i did not think this was going to so full of drama when i first read the synopsis on this series.... serious dark horse for best series. i'm all in.

I absolutely adore this show so far, I just wish it were a little less confusing. Many of the characters are very similar in appearance, and the voices are also pretty similar. Maybe if it ever gets a dub, I'll have less trouble deciphering the conversations, and hence the plot.

Or maybe I should stop watching so many shows with obnoxious voices and brightly colored, impossible hairdos. It appears to be melting my brain. xD

Is anyone else completely confused by the characters?

I think they should have spent a little more time introducing everyone to the viewers before they throw us in the middle of all their little relationships and quirks. I have no idea who they are talking about half the time.

I think they should have spent a little more time introducing everyone to the viewers before they throw us in the middle of all their little relationships and quirks. I have no idea who they are talking about half the time.

I watched the first episode twice, and haven't had any problems since.

I absolutely adore this show so far, I just wish it were a little less confusing. Many of the characters are very similar in appearance, and the voices are also pretty similar.

I watched the first episode twice, and haven't had any problems since.

The first episode left me feeling no doubt as to who was who... but then again, I watched it three times. The second episode, however, had me scratching my head like mad. Takatsuki is FEMALE? I swear to God that first episode left me utterly convinced Takatsuki was male. So this episode I kept thinking is he a drag queen too, because he's always wearing a skirt? Is that some act of solidarity with Shu? The reality hit me when during PE he was with the girls, and now I have to switch to saying she. @_@

Good episode overall - not as glorious as the first episode for some reason. I think the drama of patching up an argument with a former best friend isn't quite my thing. I want to go back to Shu's gender turmoil.

The first episode left me feeling no doubt as to who was who... but then again, I watched it three times. The second episode, however, had me scratching my head like mad. Takatsuki is FEMALE? I swear to God that first episode left me utterly convinced Takatsuki was male. So this episode I kept thinking is he a drag queen too, because he's always wearing a skirt? Is that some act of solidarity with Shu? The reality hit me when during PE he was with the girls, and now I have to switch to saying she. @_@

Good episode overall - not as glorious as the first episode for some reason. I think the drama of patching up an argument with a former best friend isn't quite my thing. I want to go back to Shu's gender turmoil.

Wait Takatsuki is the kid with glasses and a short haircut right? I think he's male and mentioned that he thinks he's gay.

Back