Yumekui Merry

TheCoffeeGod

[sadht]Yumekui Merry[/sadht][sadhl=3476]yumekui-merry[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

I saw the PV for this, which actually looked kind of cool.
Though I'm not sure whether I'll pick this up or not.

I rarely pick up series while still airing, but I'm seriously considering watching this one. Looks awesome.

I really love the dream world...all the fish bones, the anthropomorphic cats, the wooden planks on the ground and rusty cat food cans! I'll probably stick with this one.

Well the story seems interesting and the world and people seem interesting, but at the same time I'm really going to have to wait and see a little more before I can decide if I'm going to stick with it or not. Though really whether I stick with the series or not is all probably going to depend on Merry. She's shaping up to be a pretty nice character, but that could all change.

Well, this show looks to be the best so far this season, although I still haven't seen too many yet. But it at least looks to me one I'll enjoy. Hopefully that continues for a few more eps>.>

I like the art from the transition from real to dream. I think the anime has a good story, as well as a background that they showed a bit of... i hope this anime keeps up it looks very promising.

Liked the first episode, as everyone has already said, the dream world is really well done. Laughed a few times at the cats, and i didnt have any problems with the characters, so shall probably be following this one.

This show has several things going for it. Music, the soundtrack so far was good. No techno (for the most part), lot's of violin , flute and horns. The music fits the surreal plot and atmosphere of the show. Animation and character design. Loved how the characters looked (aside from Merry, I don't like her outfit), and the dream sequences looked great. The VAs were good as well.

Couple things I don't like is that if it were me, I'd make the real world seem a little busier and more "alive". It felt barren and empty like the dream world. Also, it seems to me that the plot will be a little predictable.

Already I can tell the teacher is in on something, if I may be so bold as to say, I think he is possibly Chaser, since Chaser set that realm up for only him and whatshisname, and he seems to be following him around at school.

Overall, not bad. Reminds me of Soul Eater.

This show has several things going for it. Music, the soundtrack so far was good. No techno (for the most part), lot's of violin , flute and horns. The music fits the surreal plot and atmosphere of the show. Animation and character design. Loved how the characters looked (aside from Merry, I don't like her outfit), and the dream sequences looked great. The VAs were good as well.

Couple things I don't like is that if it were me, I'd make the real world seem a little busier and more "alive". It felt barren and empty like the dream world. Also, it seems to me that the plot will be a little predictable.

Already I can tell the teacher is in on something, if I may be so bold as to say, I think he is possibly Chaser, since Chaser set that realm up for only him and whatshisname, and he seems to be following him around at school.

Overall, not bad. Reminds me of Soul Eater.

It reminded me of Soul Eater too for some reason. But I have to say, I've had a number of friends I've pitched this anime to and they love Merry's outfit. I have to say I agree with them. ;P

it has the same feel as Pandora Hearts, which i am lazily also watching right now, so i may not want to do both at the same time.

but which one to put on hold?

I at first wasn't going to watch it.. when I read the synopsis a while ago.. but I accidentally picked it up not realizing the name.
So I watched it and thought...
Hmm.. this might be a little interesting after all.. maybe.. we will have to see.
I LOVE Merry's outfit. I want it soooooo bad.

~Ai~Rox~

Not bad. Definitely can tell it's JC Staff, those guys always draw everyone the same way. So when are they gonna meet up with Touma and the gang? :)

Decent episode. I'll keep watching this one.

it has the same feel as Pandora Hearts, which i am lazily also watching right now, so i may not want to do both at the same time.

but which one to put on hold?

Merry reminds me of Alice big time and Chaser Joe seems a bit like that rabbit.

Her hair and eye colour looks like HItagi's from bakemonogatari

I think i will watch this show till the end... i liked Merry. (her character design is really nice)

For me this series was intersting for some people say that this show plot is to obvious but i can take so many dirc. from where it is now as its only first episode.
I love merry if her voice acting matches up its gonna be a great watch. and btw cloths look awesome.

i love male lead so i am really looking forward for more of this.

This anime seems to strike the perfect balance between being really stupid/cliched and being serious, which is probably why it mysteriously exceeded my (admittedly low) expectations.

Back