Mad Bull

VivisQueen

Mad Bull

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

Episode 1:

The voice acting is perfect. Probably the most appropriate voice acting I've ever watched in an anime. And I mean in a way that's due to skilful cheese than downright bad cheese. And the art assumes a very American style to complement the setting.

At first, I was laughing a lot. Then the (sexual) violence against all these female characters combined with crime scenarios that aren't as fantastical as I thought they'd be... and I'm feeling more disturbed than anything.

Certainly a show to behold, I tell you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Episode 1:

The opening is the thing that really got me, I had thought it was going to be serious and then it surprised me by being comical in the beginning. Don't get me wrong this show got quite serious pretty fast.

I am not really sure how much I am liking this series yet though. It seems more disturbing to me than anything else.

Episode 4:
...yeah.

I had low expectations and they were pretty much delivered on.

Still, regarding episode 2:

That's a lotta grenades to hang down there.

Episode 2:

You know, the relationship between Sleepy and Daikldsjfskjf;dsj is really quite touching. It's all the stuff AROUND it that's completely fucked up. Like, this show is going out of its way to be depraved and disgusting. Like that completely needless scene in the car where DeMiyer starts touching up Perine and she just submits with no questions asks... when a few minutes earlier she kicked some thief's arse singlehandedly. Just that line 'I know you want me to put my cock inside you' is now echoing over and over inside my head and DeMiyer's fugly grinning face swimming just behind my eyes.

This anime's scarred me for life and I am still only halfway through this episode. :/ Mike Toole's anime-jump review of this has a lot - A LOT - to answer for.

Like, this show is going out of its way to be depraved and disgusting.

That's pretty much exactly what I expected. No pervasive misogyny, it's not a 90s gore title (Baoh was actually surprising with its relative lack of women beatng.)

But brace yourself. It's gonna get stupid in new and strange and awful ways before your viewing is out.

I actually want to watch it more after reading these... Just to see whether it reaches a new depravity quota in my watched anime.

I guess I'll pull myself together to watch the dub... It's not because I hate dubs - I'm just not fluent enough with spoken English.

Oh don't get me wrong. There's far more depraved anime out there. There's also depraved anime that are better made.

This is pretty tame compared to, say, Midori.

Mad Bull

-_-

Every one of the depraved, mysoginistic men in this show reminded me of AironicallyHuman. Women generally get sexually assaulted and moan as if they enjoy it. The violence is hyper, the swearing off the scale, and masculinity simply loses any subtler meaning beyond BEATING SHIT UP and FUCKING THINGS IN SKIRTS.

Bizarrely, this notorious show has redeeming factors. Its animation is decent and the voice acting is perfect - I mean it, perfect for such a cheesy show. Also, sometimes I laughed out of genuine amusement. And, at the core, there is a sympathetic partnership between the two central cops. Sleepy is a man-slut brute but with a disarming straightforwardness. Daijoburo or whatever is the nice kid trying to do the right thing. They play off each other quite nicely.

You can call Mad Bull a lot of things but, with its avalanche of tits and screwing and swearing, at least you can't call it dull.

4/10

And yes, it did get stupider.

Oh don't get me wrong. There's far more depraved anime out there. There's also depraved anime that are better made.

This is pretty tame compared to, say, Midori.

Even so, I find it worth a try. From the comments thus far I've got that it's weird and cheesy, yet entertaining. I'll just pick it up whenever I'm bored and it should fare well.

Ah, Midori... That was a good one.

CROTCH GRENADES FOR EVERYBODY!*
MB34gjs.jpg

Arise thread! Time to be resurrected for the first meeting of The Assy Anime Alliance. Come one, come all it's time to watch some garbage. To quell the pain our dubious organization will be taking pot shots at this hilarious garbage this weekend. Starting Saturday 11/26. Everyone else is welcome to join in on the fun as well.

*Pic courtesy of Ascrod Smutlord of 90s Garbage

Last edited by a moderator:
It really has to be seen.
At least once.

I am not promising anything...

But it has to be seen.

its really, really bad. and based on what i remember, not 'so bad its funny and worth seeing' bad, just fucking bad

Back