5 Centimeters per Second

MacrossFX22

[sadht=Byousoku 5 Centimeter]5 Centimeters per Second[/sadht][sadhl=1315]5-centimeters-per-second[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Hey guys, theres is something I been wanting to talk to about. About a few weeks ago i bought this Anime and Saw it. It was quite amazing , now i know how it sounds coming from a guy what I'm about to ask but i will ask it anyways. Has anyone else who seen this gotten Emotional? for the first time in all my years of watching Movies, TV Shows, Anime I have never had a film make my eyes water the way this movie did.

I understand how it must seen a bit odd, but i wanted to see if anyone else felt what i felt when i first watched this.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw it just recently too, and yes, it's a very moving piece of animation.
The artistry in it is amazing too - the way the animators play with light and colours - it's very beautiful.

Prior to this, I had seen Voices of a Distant Star, by the same person, with similar themes of loneliness and separation, and was easily in my top 5. This one replaces that position in my top 5 easily.

My favourite by far was chapter 2. The surfing scene was spectacular.
But yes, the story and dialogue is very touching indeed.

Glad to see someone here who like this film.

I saw it just recently too, and yes, it's a very moving piece of animation.
The artistry in it is amazing too - the way the animators play with light and colours - it's very beautiful.

Prior to this, I had seen Voices of a Distant Star, by the same person, with similar themes of loneliness and separation, and was easily in my top 5. This one replaces that position in my top 5 easily.

My favourite by far was chapter 2. The surfing scene was spectacular.
But yes, the story and dialogue is very touching indeed.

Glad to see someone here who like this film.

I Just watched this show and loved it. I felt so sorry for the guy.

Yeah i was blown away how beautiful Makoto Shinkai made this movie. at the end of the second chapter was the saddest Part, it really made me emotional at the revelation Kanae made.

Yeah, chapter 2 was pretty emotional for me. My favourite.

I'm about to see The Place Promised in our Early Days, which was apparently made by the same guy, and apparently just as good. You seen it yet?

actually yes i was able to see it recently. I would defiantly recommend you to watch it, as the matter of fact i just ordered the Shinkai Collection which has both Voices of a distant Star and The Place Promised in our Early Days.

Cool, sounds like a good DVD to get. I'll definitely be on the lookout for more of his work in future.

When I first watched Voices of a Distant Star, was when I hired it from the video store, and the person there asked if I still wanted to get it, cause it only went for 25 minutes. I almost decided to get something else, but glad I didn't....

actually yes i was able to see it recently. I would defiantly recommend you to watch it, as the matter of fact i just ordered the Shinkai Collection which has both Voices of a distant Star and The Place Promised in our Early Days.

I need to get that set. I would love to see more of his work if it's like 5cm.
where did you order it from?

Of the 4 Shinkai works I own (She and Her Cat, Voices From a Distant Star, The Place Promised In Our Early Days and 5 Centimeters Per Second) this is by far my favourite. Extremely moving story which I think is made more poignant than those of his earlier films by the shedding of the sci-fi elements, which I felt were superfluous. The visuals are his best yet, too. I really have a soft spot for snowy landscapes, and the ones used in the first 3rd of the film are truly breathtaking to behold, though of course the whole film looks gorgeous.

I saw it quite recently, and it is a really beautiful anime. Not only was it visually stunning but it really moved me, I found myself really getting into it and caring about the characters. I really want to see more of his work. I saw Voices of a Distant star recently, which wasn't bad. :)

OK so maybe I'm a freaking emotionless bastard but I didn't see what was so great about this movie. The first chapter was pretty good, but after that it just went downhill in my opinion.

I kept waiting for the characters to actually, I dunno, do something.

your not emotionless, we are all just different, the whole point of this story was a coming of age event, in which most cases its really sad how we lose all our dreams and passion as we grow older. Including the people we love the most.

As i originally posted in this thread for my personally this was the First Anime/Movie/ pretty much any form of Entertainment who Made me Emotionally attached to the Characters.

5cms per second was a good anime to me. It was stunning in the anime sense and the story was good. A good buy! :)

your not emotionless, we are all just different, the whole point of this story was a coming of age event, in which most cases its really sad how we lose all our dreams and passion as we grow older. Including the people we love the most.

I couldn't have said that better myself. You nailed that.

Back