Beet the Vandel Buster

Is there some point to this show? I just watched like 5 minutes of ep 1 to check it out and it seems really stupid... Like a fantasy show where the characters are in a video game or something? What is this thing that Yu-Gi-Crap started with making shows ABOUT people fighting by playing games?

The loud shouting, corny monsters and weird attacks remind me of DBZ gone Pokemon, and that's bad. So before I DL any more episodes of this--is there a point? Why is Keep doing this show, anyway? Is it like the long-sought replacement for Dragon Drive as the 'kids battling' show? :@_@:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there some point to this show?
Sell the associated card game.

Why is Keep doing this show, anyway?
No clue, but somebody from the staff has to like it :P

It's obviously a kids show, so I won't watch it. I made it completly through the first episode, though =P

CU,
lamer_de

Oh god, another card game... And here I thought it was at least a video game, with the 'levels' they were talking about.

Doesn't the series have a Pokemon / Yu-Gi-Oh feel to it? The artwork and animation seemed rather American-cartoonish. Just a feeling. I can't even begin to define it :sweat:

Reminds me more of some kid-like Final Fantasy, or Dragon Quest... or maybe a little of DBZ, but no way does it look like Pokemon or Yugioh.

Episode 11:
I was wondering when Beet was going to double equipt. Awsome episode thou i dident realy like the BIG cliffhanger there! Frankly i dont belive Beet will be able to do anymore damage... I realy think he is WAAAAAY to low lvl to hurt Belltoze anymore.

this series has turned for the better lately... i used to only get it to watch Poala kicking ass... but it has gotten pretty good...

its probably because this anime is quite childish as in aimed to the younger people, tho i love it myself, its pissing off that they do the whole 5 minutes of the last episode.. i've been watching beet the vandel buster ( sounds so wrong ^_- ) since quite earlie in the beginning and it is a anime that i do enjoy watching. its i'd have to say definetly good+

Episode 1
I liked the start where we are in 'current' time then a whole episode of the flash back how did it start. The Vandels remind me a lot of the DragonBall's monsters.

Well I think Beet looks a lot like Gon from Hunter X Hunter...
images
Gon
beetthevandelbusterexelco6.jpg
Beet

Episode 2
Noooo! LIOOOOONNN!!!~~~~~ ... Oh he was Zenon? Well I was wondering did they really die or just disappeared to someplace, so they can pop up at the end helping Beet defeat the last Vandel?

Episode 3
I didn't think Poala (Or Paula... atleast I think subbers failed her name...) would become a buster. Somehow I get a same feeling when I was watching .hack // SIGN and Hunter X Hunter this could turn into epic one. Well anyway I think Beet is really macho now and kid at the same time...

Episode 4

I WAAANT TOOO WAATCH IT NOW! :sob:

Good luck with this one fireflower, its really hard work. I hope you're going to watch excellion too, as that one is about 10x worse :P

H.

Ooops FireFlower, I forgot mate, going to have to watch 6 episodes I will post my thoughts tomorrow.
=D

Episode 4
Egooo!!! Beet just keeps up showing up! Whaat you have a saiga as level 11?

Episode 5
Any one remembers boss fights? The first one is never enough! There has to be a second form always! Well I had guessed correct that this guy has all Zenon warrior's saigas, but I thought they would make it so he needs to train more during this show to be able to use more of them.

Episode 6
Somehow I get a feeling Jiiku is only a random character in this episode. Also a freaking saiga collector. Well looks like this seems to be classic good & bad fight where you can see all the clichés.

Episode 1
I liked the start where we are in 'current' time then a whole episode of the flash back how did it start. The Vandels remind me a lot of the DragonBall's monsters.

Well I think Beet looks a lot like Gon from Hunter X Hunter...
images
Gon
beetthevandelbusterexelco6.jpg
Beet

Episode 2
Noooo! LIOOOOONNN!!!~~~~~ ... Oh he was Zenon? Well I was wondering did they really die or just disappeared to someplace, so they can pop up at the end helping Beet defeat the last Vandel?

Episode 3
I didn't think Poala (Or Paula... atleast I think subbers failed her name...) would become a buster. Somehow I get a same feeling when I was watching .hack // SIGN and Hunter X Hunter this could turn into epic one. Well anyway I think Beet is really macho now and kid at the same time...

Episode 4

I WAAANT TOOO WAATCH IT NOW! :sob:

haha, this is like Tron, we are inside a fantasy video game!
I half expect Link to pass by.
What is fascinating is it takes this que from everything. Even the music. It has that made on a synthesizer, with occasional orchestra accompanyment. And leveling up?
lol it is waaaay funny.
(I do however like the opening song, which is strangely out of place.)
Ep1
Yeah I see your point, looks also a lot like Gohan from DBZ to me for some reason. In fact a lot of the bad guys look like they are Dragonball rejects. Belltoze especially looks like Cell.
I guess it is one of those anime aimed squarely at boys.
beet is of course a bother to his idols. I did like how it was a flashback
ep2
yep, he got in the way, but now we know where he gets all the weapons.
poala looks like she is going to be the help out partner.
Ep 3
Oh yeah it is that easy,
lets go stop this Dark Century today, I need to get on that. ;) Woah, Poala developed a bit =O.
The voice actress for beet, is doing all the moves from the famous actress who did Goku all those years ago. Even the stutter if Beet lands on his feet funny and hurts himself. "ahhh cha,cha, cha, cha "

Episode 4
Egooo!!! Beet just keeps up showing up! Whaat you have a saiga as level 11?

Episode 5
Any one remembers boss fights? The first one is never enough! There has to be a second form always! Well I had guessed correct that this guy has all Zenon warrior's saigas, but I thought they would make it so he needs to train more during this show to be able to use more of them.

Episode 6
Somehow I get a feeling Jiiku is only a random character in this episode. Also a freaking saiga collector. Well looks like this seems to be classic good & bad fight where you can see all the clichés.
lol well at least we know why he is such a
Low level.. ;) Looks like Poala had plans to keep her and Beet in town, as a couple living as defenders.

Episode 5, Your sooo right!
all bad guys have new forms and are not dead the first time. I shouldd have known that.
The adventure starts... Tattoo Rabbit was pimp.

Episode 6. ok now for some new groupies. ;)

*side note* is it me, or is Poala's shirt showing more and more midriff?

Episode 7
I really get that feeling: this is a video game...
You are able to buy monsters! Oh that means there is a monster factory too...

Episode 8
Now I didn't get it... the saiga disappears if it's owner died. Ok sounds logical but... Why they didn't free the other busters? THEY WERE NOT DEAD!

Episode 9
Again recalled Dragonball... Goku vs Vegeta... Beet vs Sled... There needs to be always equal one in power. Also opening suggests he joins Beet warriors too...

Episode 7
I really get that feeling: this is a video game...
You are able to buy monsters! Oh that means there is a monster factory too...
Episode 8
Now I didn't get it... the saiga disappears if it's owner died. Ok sounds logical but... Why they didn't free the other busters? THEY WERE NOT DEAD!
Episode 9
Again recalled Dragonball... Goku vs Vegeta... Beet vs Sled... There needs to be always equal one in power. Also opening suggests he joins Beet warriors too...
Yeah if this is not a game, I would be surprised. Either a card game or a video game. ;)
Ep 7
Dude, Blondie needs to get over this
did Jiiku have a sword that is held like a gun?
LOl Carbonite Freezing!
HAHA, don't know why Vandal Hotel made me laugh.
"so where are all the bad guys?"
"Oh they are at the bad guy hotel." ;) Room service must be a bitch.
Ep8 maybe to answer your question.
Maybe if they are frozen that is why their Saiga stays around. Oh he pulled out the SWORD! I was beginning to wonder.
Ep9
New guy! No mouth. ;) (well covered) Your right, looks like we have a couple others not joined yet eiher, Also, it looks from the opening, we were set up that Jiiku was into Poala. Never noticed till now. (Man, I love that opening song.)
OMG Beet Warriors? they started a Clan! lol.
*Side note, those twins almost remind me of when the twins in Ouran High, changed the color of their hair.

Last edited:
Episode 10
Somebody needs anger management program!
I wonder why that rabbit is so interested in Busters versus Vandels fights. Just curiosity?

Episode 11
Poor Dangol! Talk about serious abuse!
Man and I was thinking for a half second now Beet beats the worst Vandel in the world just by one sword swing. No... I should have remembered... There always must be atleast a second match where boss power ups

Episode 12
10 minutes boring stuff... 5 minutes of egoing... Well atleast that feather sword was broken. Doesn't look good at all, maybe Beet warriors will completely annihilated by Belltoze.

Yeah I thought the Rabbit was also a Vandal? I mean he runs the Hotel after all.
But then, he uses his transporter door to go check stuff out.
I wonder if he can fight?
ep 10
Burning trees need to go. Wow, the animation effects are dreadful. In fact the entire artwork is getting worse, and I thought that was a hard thing to do being it was stiff already. And did beet sneeze the flowers off, only to have them return about a scene later? ;)

When did beet get super powers to throw stuff?
I mean he whirls that tree guy like superman, but seemed not that strong earlier.
OH a vandal throw down!
Ep 11
Oh man, no throw down!?
between the Vandals. Belltoze vs Tactician! Oh well. Yeah your right, a bad guy can't loose that quick.
LOL OMG I am laughing so hard about the lil minion of Green getting stomped on. I have no clue why. Maybe it was the little sound effect he did. Your right though, poor lil fella
ALSO
Not sure what to make out of that horn... I mean, it sorta looks like and grows like, a... well... it sorta looks like a... hmmm... a
yeah you thought I was going to say Penis didn't you? ;)
Sword Excellion
it is a fluffy sword. It also makes a great down pillow.
Ep 12

Oh oh
Poala poisoned, beet powerless, and a big bright ball of energy heaqding toward them! =O Tune in next week folks.

Back