Chrono Crusade

DistMan

[sadht]Chrono Crusade[/sadht][sadhl=465]chrono-crusade[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Hmm, my biblic skills are not uptodate. I just wonder if what they talk about, Fatimah revelations etc does exist? Also if the information presented at the end of CC regarding the Joan Paul in 1981 and the third prophecy being revealed in 2000 etc is taken from real life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well not being Christian and everything

Seems like what was said in the end of Chrno Crusade is actually true and closely related

Spoilers Ahead among other discussion

doing search on www.cnn.com if found this
http://www.cnn.com/2000/WORLD/europe/05/13/pope.fatima.02/ there are actually plenty of other articles on the topic

according to the article third fatima prophecy (apparently told in 1917 and revealed in 2000) speaks of a bishop dressed in white falling down (may be dead) under a burst of gunfire (hence the assasination attempt)

Ending:
so i would speculate that the whole CC thing thing just used those facts as a setting and creators imagination to further expand the idea or come with the explanation.

Kind of ironic that Remington in the end sees Ion dressed in white and everything ends with a gunshot.

though judging from the heading during my search seems like that wasn't the only assasination attemp on Pope (no neccerily John Paul) and you can probably find enough material or "prophecies" on those too.

Yea the fatima prophecies "exist". so yes, it was taken as a basis for the material of chrno crusade.

but personally, prophecies are a buncha crap. you can never predict anything with them. if i spend years writing a bunch of random crap, it's very likely that it can be tied into events after they've occured. and of course you still cant prove that the event you linked the prophecy to was actually the correct event considering how vague they are. so you cant even judge how useful they might have been if they can be applied to multiple incidents.

hell, i'm sure someone with an imagination could link a cave painting to an incident a thousand years from now, but it wont mean squat if it was determined after it happened.

what a buncha damn hooey.

Thanks for the info! I think I'm gonna read the bible some day. I got one when I was confirmed after all, and some people say that it's a rather interresting book to read

Even though I am an atheist I enjoyed every moment of Chrono Crusade. Awesome action and adventure, gripping drama and good comedy to lighten up the atmophsere for a bit. Also, the ending was one of the best endings I had ever seen.

I just love Chrono crusade!!
So sad at the end I cried big time! *sniff*

yes, its sort of very sad, but this is one of the best animes i watched Q1 last year so to say, worth a watch, no matter what religion or whatnot you belive in.

Man I went into this not expecting a whole lot of drama, but this show got extremely serious towards the end... fuck it was sad.

A good series yeah, but all they actually managed to shoehorn in more religious stuff than Hellsing did. Quite an achievement.
Really hatted the ending of the series too.
One character takes a complete heel-face turn, big fight then the tragic let-down ending we'd been promised since like episode 3. Big bad dies then comes back and te whole series was pointless. Everyone else is dead or a hobo. Sad faces all around, except for the yaoi fangirls...

Haha, well, DeathCrunch, it wasn't for you, but some of us don't like the typical "happily ever after" endings.

Chrno Crusade, while not exactly strong throughout, overall I felt performed above the rest.

The "ending we'd been promised since like episode 3" would've been pretty boring and made Chrno Crusade settle into a average to below average anime. The amazing plot twist at the end really set this one apart from the rest as no one predicted how it ended.

By the end, I was so attached to the characters, this is actually one of the few animes where my eyes actually became wet (half way through Banner of the Stars is the only other one I can remember).

While I've found a few other animes whose endings I enjoyed immensely, no other one has made me feel as strongly as Chrno Crusade's did.

Happily ever after endings aren't my favorite, they always lack closure. Cowboy Bebop and School Days are among my favorite animes, both very tragic.

I suppose different characters and different hardships just appeal to us differently.
I defiantly enjoyed the series but I didn't connect to the characters at all.
Especially Chrno since he went the same way as Dante did in the Devil May Cry anime. Refuising till the bitter end to transform into his cool demon side.

Happily ever after endings aren't my favorite, they always lack closure. Cowboy Bebop and School Days are among my favorite animes, both very tragic.

I suppose different characters and different hardships just appeal to us differently.
I defiantly enjoyed the series but I didn't connect to the characters at all.
Especially Chrno since he went the same way as Dante did in the Devil May Cry anime. Refuising till the bitter end to transform into his cool demon side.

Haha, yeah, I wouldn't've complained either if he had spent a bit more time kicking some ass. I mean if you're gonna go out, make it as flashy as you can :)

i watched this anime a while back, still remember a lot and i can say is a good one, for me that is

the ending, i sow it like 10 times but that does not matter, the end is sad, that joshua kid or the angel when it sees aion, but i don't think is a bad one, well i would of like if chrono had agreed to open the clock to regenerate

I might MIGHT have enjoyed the story if I hadn't read the manga first.

As it is, I read the manga first, fell in love with the way the characters were portrayed there, and hated the anime.

I'm normally not such an elitist when it comes to this (manga-only fan or anime-only fan)... I usually can appreciate both even if I have a preference. Chrno Crusade is not one of those series. The manga meant a lot to me... it is my favorite series ever and I considered it pure gold. I loved the way Rosette and Chrno were portrayed in it and how their relationship came along. I loved how the series ended. I loved everything about it.

In that light, the anime was a travesty.

I'm trying to rewatch it again (and actually finish it this time) and keep an open mind this time and not get all bent out of shape. I've made it through 5 episodes unscathed. Episode 7, however, will be a trial (A DOLL... YOU MAKE HER INTO A DOLL! AAAAAH, GONZOOOOOO @#$!@#%$#^@@#$!@#$S!)

I will say, on a positive note, however, that the beginning episodes are actually decent, episode 5 does a good job in being creepy (even during the first time I watched it I got chills up my spine), and I do like the last episode (yes, I have seen the end even though I haven't watched all of it). The anime ending is nowhere near the level of the manga ending, but Gonzo did do a good job there... it was one of the few highlights of the whole series.

/end snobbish rant

Oi Oi am I really the only one that thinks this series wasn't really that great? I mean it was entertaining but the humor was lame, and I'm a big fan of comedies. The action was ok but it was all a bit naive. Also I don't think that nuns and guns are a good match. The whole show instead of drawing me in, annoyed me.

I might have said too much but this is my opinion.

Black Lagoon waves it's dong in your face and proclaims you wrong my dear sir.

Lol I guess there are some exeptions ;p I completely forgot about Black Lagoon. But it's not a main character and Black Lagoon is much cooler than Chrono Crusade. IMO at least.

I agree i really enjoyed this the first time but while going through it a second i really didnt have the same intrest i do say that i really like the ending though, being one for tragedies and sad endings. And while it was sad it was truely conclusive the way it ended.

Back