Ooyuki Umi no Kaina

EP1:
I like it, I suppose we need to understand the world a bit better but that is to come (i assume), The concept looks pretty interesting and i certainly like the world so yeah, could be a pretty interesting show.

Episode 1:

Yeah, I got nothing out of this... It did absolutely nothing to draw me in, I didn't care about the characters or the world, and I ultimately couldn't be bothered to pay attention, not even to the action scene. Exposite a little! Give me something to care about! I'm sure it's fine, it seems like this world could be cool (no pun intended), but I was bored, and that's the worst thing a piece of entertainment can do.

the art style is different but that's to be expected from that studio. over all it's an interesting story, bill board reading (adorable)... either way I have a feeling this one is going to turn dark, but it's going to be a fun ride I'm sure.

The scenery is gorgeous as is the shading, but the faces and people... not so much. Especially given how good the backdrop looked, the people stuck out like a sore thumb. Looks pretty promising.

Ep 1

This was a very pretty thing with talking and big snowballs in it. I hope to see something, anything at all interesting in the coming eps. Maybe they could combine the two? Big talking snowballs? Just throwing stuff out there.

Also I encourage anyone bored by this show to watch Drifting Dragons by the same studio... so far it's a lot more interesting than this, and really underrated.

Ep 2

This is still boring as ass. I sure love it when the vocal direction for an action scene is "high pitched wheezing for two minutes straight"

Ep 3

Oh yes! The "girl gets nervous about something and almost kills a man" gag. My very funniest.
:vomit:

This show is a massive dud so far.

Ep 4

Next time this kid shushes someone I'm gonna find a way to manifest myself into his reality and shank him with my whole ginsu knife collection

Ok, so it sounds like there's not much to talk about here. I watched the first episode and stopped, and it looks like a good choice at this point.

Which one's the bigger disappointment, this or The Fire Hunter? @Rascal, I see you're watching both, what do you think?

Which one's the bigger disappointment, this or The Fire Hunter? @Rascal, I see you're watching both, what do you think?
i would say the fire hunter because that one basically puts me to sleep. this one is a little boring and poorly written but at least i can still follow it and it isn't just narration talking and weird still shots all the time. I also like how it looks better, probably a hot take.

I didn't get to the point of watching this until the fifth episode was out, but that was a good thing. This show has obviously slow start and It's like one long movie. Waiting for each episode doesn't work for it well. The settings are interesting albeit it has very typical post-apocalyptic conflict. It has some really good soundtrack.

Ep 5

Oh yaona is ayumu murase. well that's one in the positives column then.
this should have been a made in abyss style exploration story instead of having crummy post apocalyptic politics. way too many uninteresting human characters. these evil guys arent even subtle with their don't-spare-the-messenger policy and gnarly black armor. But im sure kaina will arrive in time to save the princess from almost certain regicide.

I like how her whole strategy was just to straight up lie.

this is the first time in awhile i've dropped a fantasy. I can't explain it, but this show feels like torture to me.

in its favour, the cgi really isn't bad, some of it is quite nice. but the story makes me feel like it was literally designed to torture me specifically

Ep 6

Gotta love a villain that kills his own guys for fun. I really never got that. Especially in post-apocalyptic worlds. Soldiers aren't in excess supply in this world ya know. Those were two perfectly good guys.

Hey Ririha how about instead of this faux concern stuff you either A. save it until you're safe or B. have a natural human reaction to being saved from forever captivity? Also, by all accounts, guy who kills his own subordinates COULD have killed you, and SHOULD have if he was trying to execute that plan, but he didn't for seemingly no reason? He just wanted to make her seem dead? What's the point... aside from the obvious fact that the plot needs her to be alive still so she can escape with the others.

She had a decent plan, to make it look like they had escaped instead of just escaping. I thought it was dumb at first but after she explained it kinda made sense but there were holes in it. Strange how that ship behind them didn't even notice the empty boat though, you'd think they would have investigated it and put two and two together so the other two boats didn't have to go off and search and kaina and the rest of them would have been found but eh. Plot. Now they're in a much cooler place. I like the look of this big square city with bridges everywhere.

Back