Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - Mugen Train

TV Broadcast version of the Movie which will begin airing on October 10th and runs for 7 episodes. The first episode is a completely new episode that depicts the mission on the way to the train station from the demon slayers corps headquarters, and the second to seventh episodes cut the mission on the train and include newly added video, newly added BGM, new theme song, etc.

The shameless milking of demon slayer continues and season 2 will follow on december 5th with an hour long special.

Source: Oricon

Last edited:
maxresdefault.jpg

I guess their just trying to be fair to all the viewers that didn't see the movie in theaters or Blu-ray for whatever reason. No need to make a stink about it. Just come back when the new material kicks off.

At least their adding the cut content from the theatrical version back in.

I guess their just trying to be fair to all the viewers that didn't see the movie in theaters or Blu-ray for whatever reason. No need to make a stink about it. Just come back when the new material kicks off.

At least their adding the cut content from the theatrical version back in.
That makes sense but I think it's mostly just to fill a full season since the next arc isn't long enough

Ep:1

Yaiba staff be like:
All those who paid money to see the movie:
5572c82ca6f208ce6848ec38e3e9fdc6.gif

But I guess, the TV series will offer more development for both the characters and the story, so maybe it is even a good thing.

Well it was satisfying and the they are trying to be fair with the ones who didn't watched the movie. New bits were also added so its fine .

The movie was adequately conclusive as it was. They're adding anime original elements in this arc apparently. This just feels like a useless drag after having watched the movie and reading the manga. I hope the remaining 6 episodes are full of action cos that's the only way this could be worthwhile.

The movie was adequately conclusive as it was. They're adding anime original elements in this arc apparently. This just feels like a useless drag after having watched the movie and reading the manga. I hope the remaining 6 episodes are full of action cos that's the only way this could be worthwhile.
I can kinda see what they're going for. This series has been such a huge success that they are almost guaranteed to adapt the entire story, so they are basically pacing things up now so they can have the optimal arc length.

Considering how far animation stuff is planned ahead, they probably started making these TV episodes before they even knew the movie would be such an astounding mega hit. They probably did the current decision while worried that the TV audience would be beffudled by missing info, and that it would harm things. Using a movie to canonically further the story of a TV anime that will have future seasons is not exactly super common, so I can imagine the boardroom folks got jittery about such an experiment.

So yeah, this ain't optimal. They probably should have just made the next arc an extra long movie or something then. Sure, it's the longest arc of the series up to that point, 13 chapters longer than Mugen Train, but a lot of it is action which flies by fast in animation. Like 12-15 out of 30 chapters is a continuous string of action

Ohh no. NO, you don't get to do that.
They actually showed rengoku killing a real live demon onscreen in episode 1, but it WASN'T EVEN CANON. That shit was ANIME ORIGINAL. IT DOESNT COUNT. You can't do this to me.
Cheap move, fuckotable. Cheap fucking move.

Ohh no. NO, you don't get to do that.
They actually showed rengoku killing a real live demon onscreen in episode 1, but it WASN'T EVEN CANON. That shit was ANIME ORIGINAL. IT DOESNT COUNT. You can't do this to me.
Cheap move, fuckotable. Cheap fucking move.
Add to that - I didn't feel the least bit of urgency, something that should've been felt given the notorious amount of background music there was. Meanwhile Ep 1 of S1 established the tension even before they tell anything about the characters. Also,
knowing Rengoku is dead anyway and that there is no other battles of him in the manga has probably created a bias in me but this anime original fight does nothing to add to his already impressive personality.

Add to that - I didn't feel the least bit of urgency, something that should've been felt given the notorious amount of background music there was.
Blame MHA for that trend, where they play you say run over scenes that have the same urgency and weight as a guy cooking chicken.

Was really confused to see this in the seasonal shows, nonetheless the top.
I've seen the movie and read the manga, definitely not going to re-consume what i've watched and read before lol.
See you guys when the real new ark begins :)

Back