Visual Prison

Disregarding the font that's reminiscent of 2000s, vampires, hot vampires who are in a rock band of the night- the title really speaks to me, how we witness the daily lives of others as they go through the motions of the modern day prison, a prison of society. That we live in.

Wow. Seems interesting. A unique music anime with vampires. And looks to have a bit of BL undertones. :)

Episode 1:
The plot makes no sense, but the creators know that's not the point. They have a very clear idea of their target audience and they take full advantage of it: Fujoshis that like broody boys and moody music.

And for that it does a good job.

The first episode wasn't super impressive to me so I hope it gets a bit better. I want to like this since it is Visual Kei themed. I heard they got the Guitarist and Bassist from Golden Bomber to help with the music, but I am wondering if they are using any singers from Visual Kei bands. It doesn't really sound like it though.

First episode felt really confusing. From what I get it's just like a vampire battle of bands to get the power of the red moon?

Idk not entirely sure if I grasped it.

Also, I felt that whole thing about the MC turning into a vampire was out of nowhere? At first I just thought he got turned into a vampire because he saw a vampire biting another vampire....which would make zero sense, but then the Lost Eden members were just as confused. I thought they were trying to turn him into a vampire, but apparently that was not the case?

First episode felt really confusing. From what I get it's just like a vampire battle of bands to get the power of the red moon?

Idk not entirely sure if I grasped it.

Also, I felt that whole thing about the MC turning into a vampire was out of nowhere? At first I just thought he got turned into a vampire because he saw a vampire biting another vampire....which would make zero sense, but then the Lost Eden members were just as confused. I thought they were trying to turn him into a vampire, but apparently that was not the case?
you’re correct

I had very little idea of what I was watching. I'm not sure entirely what I put before my eyes, but it was appealing to a degree. I'll try a few episodes before I make up my mind about it.

I just finished the first episode. I'm kinda lost with the plot, this is going way too fast and there's no common thread, but I guess the creators wanted to focus on the main themes of the anime to appeal their target audience in a single shot?

I hope the next episodes will give a clear and developed explanation of what's happening with that Moon and these vampire bands fighting each other with music and this kid suddently becoming a " half-vampire" without really knowing why?

I have a lot of expectations for this Visual Kei-themed anime, and there's a lot of potential (some of the music played on this episode are very entertaining and catchy, and the voices are pretty good). Let's give a chance to the next episode, but for now I admit that I'm a bit frustrated...

By the time they broke out into song for the 2nd time, I knew I wasn't gonna be watching anymore episodes of this, though I couldn't turn away. managed to get all the way through the 1st episode, that's gatta count for something, I couldn't even finish the 1st episode of that other vampire show I dropped this season.........

boy there are a lot of vampire shows this season now that I think about it.........

Episode 2:
I love how self-important this anime acts, if that makes sense. It's premise and execution is super silly, but they take it seriously without being too pretentious. It's really, really dumb, but I kinda dig it.
Same with Visual Kei over all, they are basically people who dress up like more fabulous goth vampires and act all serious and fans buy into it and they have fun with it.

Also, I just like musicals, even the weird ones.

That was a bit too much to process I guess... I'm not sure I've understood the concept and the story yet but, the Music is awesome and the art and animation matches it well. Looking foreward to how this goes.

Ok I get the whole visual kei band/vampire concept. But seriously. The plot, flow, dialogue, all of it just feels very odd. Some scenes just don't sit right.

- SPOILERS BELOW -

Just from episode 1, the fact that his idol saved him and he didn't even question "what happened? where the f am I? Why is my idol playing piano on the rooftop before my eyes and why did he save me?" He just woke up, walked over and stood there like an air head. He wasn't even shocked after finding out they were vampires, let alone he was one himself. He just accepted it without questioning and going wtf is going on. Just felt so the whole progression was very unnatural and could've been portrayed better. And how did he sing so amazingly that the scarlet moon accepted him? He said himself that he couldn't sing and only listened to the songs as a fan. Would've been more realistic if he was a character who had a background in singing, doesn't have to be serious maybe as a hobby. But as a complete newbie who thinks he's tone death? Doesn't sit right.

Ep 1: this was a wonderfully incomprehensible mess of a plot and concept and i cant wait to see more. It goes all out in its ridiculousness and i commend it for that. Its only looking to appeal those who are fans of visual kei and have a thing for vampires. Bless these creators.

Back