2.43: Seiin High School Boys Volleyball Team

Chika really ignored Yuni lmao

Yuni and Chika are building their friendship over volleyball

The whole genius setter thing is similar to Kageyama. Chika's backstory was revealed quicker than expected, but it was decent compared to Skate-Leading Stars's backstory introduction.

I think it was a decent first episode.

ooh this first episode is really good - i really enjoyed it.
i didn't expect chika to have such a "dark" past, that's rather heavy and very surprising, very scary, and idk, i get the feeling that yori may have something against volleyball, and he's not just trying to protect yuni. i do like the whole "bring the club back alive" idea in anime so i really liked this episode, and i am definitely anticipating this anime.
i'm really liking yuni (love his VA) and overall this anime is very promising so far. i feel like more angst/serious moments are to come though.

Oh shit, this isn’t Haikyu? I wasn’t looking that closely at the poster. LOL. I don’t watch Haikyu so I just glanced over it.

After watching the first episode I was intrigued and after the 2nd one I really think I'll enjoy this anime till the end. The development of the story is really exciting and so far I had a "OMG" moment in both episodes and I kind of feel like there will be more astonishing moments.. That's why I can't wait for more episodes!

I feel like this anime will continue to be compared to Haikyuu (as they are the same sport and because of Haikyuu's growth in popularity) but I hope it'll soon be separated from it, because if this anime only grows popular because of another anime's success that's a bit sad. I'm sure it will though based off of first impressions, I'm actually quite intrigued with the story and interested to see how the story will continue to develop

I mean I started because of Haikyuu but I think the trailers made it clear that they take different approaches. This one is much darker, and definitely recommend it after watching the first 2 episodes.

Finished the second episode and it is definitely a different approach than haikyuu, 2.43 focuses on a story-based one with like drama, angst, and people's feelings whilst Haikyuu mainly focuses on the sport itself and training. It became quite obvious if you were to compare the second episodes match to any match in Haikyuu

Back