Osamake: Romcom Where The Childhood Friend Won't Lose

Episode 1

Well, it seems the childhood friend it the one behind it all, who would have expected with a title like this. That said, it's timeskip right at the start was a bit odd but does somewhat get across that the lead is a coward at heart which considering the premise of this show is a bit surprising in how openly it's portrayed as a negative quality.

And the male lead has some other bad qualities dropped right off the bat,

I suppose it's mostly average for now, girls look cute at least.

I feel the title lies, childhood friend ain't winning this one!
The whole story is dumb though, like they will exact revenge for what? For her dating another guy? She never betrayed him, heck they never even speak, its not like she is on reserve until he asks her out so what the heck, the logic here is just not present.
Don't get me wrong, childhood friend girl doesn't deny why she is doing it, she gets to win him over by actually dating him.

Sadly the MC sucked, i would of liked it more if he just kissed her and moved on. I get there is no story then i know i know but still.
It kind of lets me down too, his friend clover-girl is pretty decent in the look area, she clearly don't deny being into him and knows him well enough, its like the perfect girl... so of course a girl he only spoke to once would be his choice.
Quite sure bridge girl isn't dating actor guy anyway but meh.

It would of been nice for the title to be true though, maybe let her win? Like i dunno, off the top of my head, Guy pretends to date her to make Bridge girl jealous, finds himself actually liking childhood friend aka clover girl and sticks with it, they live happy ever after, the end. It would be average at best but might not be as dumb as trying to get revenge on someone who has done nothing wrong, that's like me seeking out the last lottery winner and ruining their life because i didn't win, it makes no sense.

All that sad, i will stick with it anyway. Harems are my guilty pleasure, even the not-so-great ones. And I'm a slave to seeing how they pan out (despite never getting a resolved ending).

Still, the MC is trash. I equally dislike it makes him out to be the good guy because he waited. ALSO (there's more), why is the clover girl being portrayed as the bad one? She is being setup as the villain of the show already, dunno why, she is just asking the guy out, if he said yeah, well swell, if he doesn't (he didn't), then she just uses pretend dating as a excuse to get close to him and hope he changes his mind, sure he is using her but clearly isn't a issue so why is she being played the wrong here?

What was this? This started at a point that similar anime would be at episode 6-7 , and it's such a huge mess that I don't even know what to think of it.

The MC likes a girl since the start of the year and because of that he rejected his childhood friend (which is top class) while even he thinks that she is cute and probably wouldn't even mind having her as his gf.

The girl the MC likes got a bf, his childhood friend likes him, he also likes her, just less than his crush. They should just get together and this will be over, there is absolutely no reason for this anime to even exist. But no, they decided to take revenge (for absolutely no reason) by faking a relationship when they should just get together for real...

It will probably be trash, but I'll watch 1-2 more episodes to be sure.

Aww, hey, it's a Quintessential Quintuplets reunion! This should be fun!

Oh. Oh-oh-oh. Hmm.

I, um, like that Kachi's friend is chubby. We don't get enough chubby girls, in anime. So...that's something.

"How dare you look at pictures of me that I voluntarily posed for specifically to be put in this publicly available magazine."

AcidicSimilarIberianbarbel-size_restricted.gif

That girl's Yotsuba, @Madoka. Our Yotsuba. And adorable childhood friend is Itsuki.

tumblr_m993v3RQ321qi7eg5o1_500.gif

t's such a huge mess that I don't even know what to think of it
Yeah, that's basically my take, as well. I just don't know what I'm watching. It's like they took 4 or 5 episodes, tossed the first one, then cut up the rest and taped bits of it together.

I genuinely don't know what exposition is actually exposition and what's just characters musing out loud. Like, does the MC actually have a kind of small friendship with Kachi? Or was it just that one instance about her novel? Is Obnoxious Best Friend really dating seven girls? Was the MC a child actor? Was that hot MILF in the photo with him his mom and can the anime be about her, instead?

they will exact revenge for what? For her dating another guy? She never betrayed him, heck they never even speak, its not like she is on reserve until he asks her out so what the heck, the logic here is just not present.
See, this is what I'm talking about. He says that they chat, sometimes, but it sounds like he's lying, when he says it. But, for the story to approach making sense, it would have to be true, right? I mean, even Kuroha talks about how they'd been getting close. So...I guess they just assumed we'd believe him and assume that stuff we never saw was true.

But, to that point, the show does absolutely nothing to set up the revenge plotline. We don't need to see what prompts it, and it doesn't have to be a legit reason to get revenge, but, if the story is going to drop us into the middle of things, it needs to do so with that fact in mind: either start us off with no information besides the premise ("Fake dating as revenge for romantic transgression!") and let us glean the situation as things play out, or frontload the episode with actual, visual evidence of the backstory that leads to the revenge premise.

All that sad, i will stick with it anyway.
...yeah, so will I. For at least another episode, I suppose.

She is being setup as the villain of the show
...is she? She not any kind of hero, I guess, but she's already a much more sympathetic character than Kachi. Who I do not like.
I can make an argument for confiscating the magazine, because it's weird to have your classmates ogling your picture with you standing right there. So she could have been acting out of embarrassment, indicating that her cool exterior is hiding a roiling sea of emotional vulnerability beneath it. None of which we get a hint of, of course, but I could make that argument.

Ripping up her notes was pretty f***ing crazy, though. Like, grabbing them back--cool. That girl was being a presumptuous biznatch. But to then rip them up? W-What are you doing? Trying to scare her? Am I supposed to interpret this as a sign that you have a serious problem you're dealing with that's causing you to lash out? What is this moment supposed to mean?!

What I found most interesting about her, though, is her friend: the pleasantly plump Meiko. No, not because the magazine is best friends with the, um, not modeling-inclined girl. Rather, I found the moment where she instantly softened when Meiko offered to help clean up the ripped up notebook interesting.

Add the sudden reveal that she's dating Actor-senpai and that bit where she's crying in the library...

I'm just saying--if I'm writing this, Kachi is in love with Meiko.

It's almost definitely not that, but that's what I'm choosing to believe. For now. Based really on just that one moment.

The MC likes a girl since the start of the year and because of that he rejected his childhood friend (which is top class) while even he thinks that she is cute and probably wouldn't even mind having her as his gf.
It's just because he's "in love" with Kachi. It doesn't matter if he thinks Kuroha is cute or even if he kinda likes her: with Kachi occupying his "love" slot, he's never going to be able to properly date Kuroha.

Also: he should totally date Kuroha. Why isn't he dating Kuroha? Just f***ing date Kuroha. You idiot.

Anime Lottery pick number three of three!

Episode 1: Subtitled "Welcome to show and tell. Today we'll be starting with tell and aw shit, we just ran out of time to show. See you next week!"

This was a thing I watched.

Episode 1:

I picked this up because it's done by Doga Kobo and well...I guess that was a mistake. Well I did appreciate the jabs poking fun of Matsuoka's "IRL harem" and Inori Minase's more teasing and aggressive onee-san role but this is pretty abysmal. As always, I'll give it the usual three episodes.

Last edited:
"How dare you look at pictures of me that I voluntarily posed for specifically to be put in this publicly available magazine."
This did feel really dumb, she models for the magazine knowing anyone could/would buy it should the desire to do so, equally its not in the realm of impossibility that her classmates will catch wind of this and will get hold of it. Equally, she is apparently a actor or... well she is something which lead to modelling, either way she is known publicly, of course your peers will know of your side job. I would say it was trashy of her to react so hastily against a potential fan... even if it is just a classmate wanting to see you posing. Dude paid for that magazine, hope you gonna refund him or something!!!

I can make an argument for confiscating the magazine, because it's weird to have your classmates ogling your picture with you standing right there. So she could have been acting out of embarrassment, indicating that her cool exterior is hiding a roiling sea of emotional vulnerability beneath it. None of which we get a hint of, of course, but I could make that argument.
I do equally agree to this, whilst i think she acted pretty rash, i could see how weird it would be to know your classmates are ogling your pictures, i mean surely you know they are behind closed doors but certainly can see how awkward that would be in person. Though i still consider her behaviour a bit extreme, especially when as you say, we aren't given the hint that she finds this embarrassing, we are just making educated guesses.

That girl's Yotsuba, @Madoka. Our Yotsuba. And adorable childhood friend is Itsuki.
Wait... WHAT!!! So to clarify, i like the Itsuki equal but dislike the Yotsuba? The hell, is this backwards world or something!? I know the title implies (and lies) that it would let a childhood friend win but bloody hell, this is some serious stuff!

Like, does the MC actually have a kind of small friendship with Kachi? Or was it just that one instance about her novel? Is Obnoxious Best Friend really dating seven girls? Was the MC a child actor? Was that hot MILF in the photo with him his mom and can the anime be about her, instead?
This... is a very good list of points!!!
My take was, his friendship with Bridge girl is based on nothing but what we have seen, i have no evidence but he didn't sound confident in them "occasional" talks, it sounded to me like they spoke that once, maybe a few times if he is lucky after that, also he is probably counting "class talk" as speaking, like if she asks him to clean the board or sweep the floor should they be on cleaning duty... basically he is counting everyday greetings or passive words as chats. So my guess (its just that, a guess) is there is only as much friendship there as there is for any kid who passively speaks to another but doesn't actively interact at all.
Best friend... Obnoxious is certainly the word to describe him, considering how girls seem put off by him, i have to assume he is full of crap and the dude can't tell a girl cursing his very existence from actual love apart.
Was MC a actor... i think THIS is true (maybe), the picture and "ace up my sleeve" had no bearings at all but I will assume its true because the guy on the roof. Not that i understand how this is a ace, he isn't a actor now so who cares and is he implying the girl is so easy she dates only actors... even if you was a actor but aren't now?
Milf... I'm okay with this, lets do it!!!
But yeah your point stands, i can't tell half this stuff apart of what is/isn't true or happening, heck 90% of the stuff i wrote is just guessing.

He says that they chat, sometimes, but it sounds like he's lying
He has to be lying, it sounds to me like a one sided fantasy, i still think he is mistaking office talk (or school talk - the passive interaction of peers within a environment) as friendship and getting close, maybe she learned what his name is after being in his class for half a year and he considers this "being close"? Maybe he lies to childhood friend and annoying friend to make it sound like there is progress? Maybe the show should answer something without me having to keep making all my replies feel like guesses. I get its only episode one but the idea of everyone saying it started mid-series feels about right, what's the plan, to backtrack and play the next 3 episodes as flashbacks to answer everything?

the show does absolutely nothing to set up the revenge plotline
*Nods enthusiastically*

Though i don't think there is a reason, I'm still lost at how this is a revenge thing, revenge is something you seek when wronged, which we all know of course... but please explain how he has been betrayed or wronged by her? He can't even argue he was hurt by her, he was hurt by his feelings for her maybe but that's not her problem. It's like me having a celebrity crush and seeking revenge because she has a boyfriend, i don't need to have met her but i clearly have reason for revenge according to this show!!!
The only part which did try to explain this (it didn't) is Clover girl, she implied she other girl kept stringing him along or kept him as a reserve... i guess maybe this implies they do talk? Who knows. Regardless, that sounds to me like a subject view, assuming they talk, she might have seen him as a friend (or you know... classmate?) whilst he sees it as boyfriend role incoming, so his friends think he is reserve now, its just all so dumb.
There is 0% reason to want revenge... including on the blonde actor guy (was he blonde? I forgot, generic actor guy A), he hates him for what? Asking a girl out, quite sure that's what people do, yeah sucks for MC that he didn't get there first but to want revenge? The hell is wrong with him. Either move on (you got a pretty decent friend who is mentally undressing you!!!... and i leave that open for you to decide which friend) or you know, tell her how you feel regardless, accept rejection (or find out they aren't dating?) and be done? Either way, stop blaming everyone else for your problems... especially when you was just about to get some action and ran away like a little kid!!!

...yeah, so will I. For at least another episode, I suppose.
I'm more letdown because i really wanted this to be good, I said a few times in other threads, I usually back the childhood friend path, I'm equally used to them never winning, a series promising such in its title... to say i am disappointed in everything is a understatement, A guess the actual childhood friend is the only character i like thus far... which yeah i guess i will take that as a point.

...is she?
The series gave me the vibe she will be the one who is seen in a negative light because she is using this chance to get into the MC, basically she admitted (she didn't hide it) their deal benefits her as she gets to date MC, if only for pretend whilst he "gets revenge" (for Bridge girl... doing something), I can already see it, she is bad because she doesn't encourage useless MC to stalk bridge girl, blonde dude admits their relationship is a lie to stop girls stalking him or something (Mutual agreement to get horny teens off one another's backs i guess) and thus bridge-chan and MC hookup because fuck this plot, then truck-kun kills everyone because i hate them all... except clover girl...

Ripping up her notes was pretty f***ing crazy, though
This scene!!! Oh man, i forgot this happened! What the actual... I.. i honestly was lost (and still am) for words, it was the dumbest thing ever!!! Man i hate this girl.
What does MC even see in her (we might know if we didn't start on episode 5), she seems to have problems.

Add the sudden reveal that she's dating Actor-senpai and that bit where she's crying in the library...
I wish he didn't see this, can't he just stop and leave her!

I'm just saying--if I'm writing this, Kachi is in love with Meiko.
I like where this is going

It's almost definitely not that,
You shot me down before i could even get my hopes up.

Today we'll be starting with tell and aw shit, we just ran out of time to show. See you next week!"
If this isn't a perfect description of the show in a few words, hahaha

This was a thing I watched.

This is equally a good summary!

I guess that was a mistake
Welcome to the jungle... a place we all regret being in!

God I hate MC's like this guy
*Nods*. I think this small clip sums up everything about the guy, i want someone to make him suffer, i would describe painful details but i don't want to ruin anyones day having to imagine the MC...

he's basically the exact same guy as the dufus in domestic kanojo
Really? Why is--oh! You mean because he won't give up on one girl despite having another girl who's giving him the green light? I thought this guy was much less of a...but you probably mean the situation, rather than the personality.

In fairness to the Domestic Kanojo guy, though, the one he had a long-standing crush on that he couldn't give up was clearly giving him the "maaaaaaaybe" kind of "no."

tumblr_pl8167hshm1qa94xto1_500.gif

tumblr_plg3yu1b7i1s307p6o1_540.gif

"Why don't you see me as a siiiiiiister???"

And, actually, can we just...would you like a tale of gif-hunting?

So, this:

Domestic_na_Kanojo_E7S1.gif

Someone made a gif of this because you can see Hina's feet.

Her feet.

If you've seen this show, you know what this moment is--and the significance of it that, to this person on the internet, needed to be immortalized in looping image form was that you can see her feet.

Which I know 'cus it's from the anime feet wiki. Which is a thing that exists.

I can only assume--based on what we see--that the MC here is living in a desperate fantasy world. Or, of course, a show which skipped all the exposition.

I guess I'm in the minority that doesn't think pragmatically about this kind of thing. My heart and mind need to be on the same page, and my heart moves glacially. So...I tend to sympathize with these morons.

That said, they typically have either paper-thin reasons to feel the way they do about the girls they pine for or actually really, really good reasons (like that the girls are definitely sending them reciprocal vibes but just won't admit it), both of which I can certainly see as being frustrating to the viewer, if for slightly different reasons.

"Welcome to show and tell. Today we'll be starting with tell and aw shit, we just ran out of time to show. See you next week!"
...that's pretty succinct, yeah.

Dude paid for that magazine, hope you gonna refund him or something!!!
She does say he can get it back after classes end, in the little quick side-speech written on the screen. So, in that sense, it wasn't completely bonkers.

But the speech she gave was...not what I'd expect. And those guys put up ZERO resistance to her. (Which...well, who knows. Maybe she's mean. Maybe they're too struck by how important/"important" she is, in terms of status in the school. Exposition is nice, sometimes, is all I'm saying.)

Wait... WHAT!!! So to clarify, i like the Itsuki equal but dislike the Yotsuba? The hell, is this backwards world or something!?
Yeah, that was...a little bit of a punch in the gut, honestly. I knew the MC was Futaro (he's always someone, in the shows I watch), so I wondered if any of the other alum were there--and whammo. You just never know what life's gonna throw at you.

In fairness, though, Itsuki's VA is also the VA for, like, a lot of actually good characters. So it's not entirely weird that she's likeable.

My take was, his friendship with Bridge girl is based on nothing but what we have seen
he has to be lying, it sounds to me like a one sided fantasy
The premise of the show hinges on this information. More than anything else. And it's just conjecture, at this point. Because we're being told things are true in the least believable way possible: the shaky "I-I-I'll have you know..." of the MC to push back against Obnoxious Best Friend's teasing, and Kuroha's winding up the MC to go along with her scheme--whcih relies on making him think he's been scorned enough to seek revenge to her benefit.

what's the plan, to backtrack and play the next 3 episodes as flashbacks to answer everything?
Oh God, I hope not. I mean, they can't possibly...can they? No...no, they...no. That wouldn't fit at all!

Then again, I mean, Fullmetal Alchemist did it, so...what's stopping them?

Though i don't think there is a reason, I'm still lost at how this is a revenge thing, revenge is something you seek when wronged, which we all know of course... but please explain how he has been betrayed or wronged by her? He can't even argue he was hurt by her, he was hurt by his feelings for her maybe but that's not her problem.
It's tenuous enough outside of actual maliciousness on Kachi's part. Which, again, we don't know.

Also, "revenge" is sort of a nebulous term, in this regard. If he wants to "get back at her," it could be anything. Smearing her, like he seems to want to do, in some fashion, is pretty concrete, and it makes him a dick. But bragging like a buffoon that he's got Kuroha is...petty, but a perfectly valid application of the @SMores Maneuver, as I understand it.

he hates him for what? Asking a girl out
...don't tell me you never groused to your friends about how stupid Captain Handsome Face was such a jerk and deserved to get pushed in a puddle because of his stupid handsome jerk face just becuase he was able to chat with a girl you had a crush on that you couldn't find your way to approach. I mean, everyone's done that, right guys?

...guys?

I usually back the childhood friend path, I'm equally used to them never winning, a series promising such in its title
To me, it's less that it doesn't seem set to deliver on this promise as much as the title makes it sound less...grim, if that's the word, than it ultimately seems. Like, I'd have expected the childhood friend was the longtime crush and then anime hijinks keep getting in the way. But, no, she's gonna not lose, as the title suggests, just through massive amounts of arduous, grinding manipulation.

The series gave me the vibe she will be the one who is seen in a negative light
Right now, she's the only one I can imagine anyone liking. Manipulative or not.

Oh--well, and Meiko. I think everyone should like Meiko.

This scene!!! Oh man, i forgot this happened!
Again, we need context for this. Because she looks like a lunatic. Is she supposed to look like a lunatic? Is this how she normally acts? Is this moment indicative that something is wrong? With no baseline, we can only judge what we see--which is one hell of an overreaction.

I like where this is going
Like I said: EVERYONE should like Meiko.

Really? Why is--oh! You mean because he won't give up on one girl despite having another girl who's giving him the green light? I thought this guy was much less of a...but you probably mean the situation, rather than the personality.

No, I'm totally talking about personality, though the similarity of certain situations and how they approach it makes attaching their personalities easier. The black and white actions of what they end up doing on a "does he or doesn't he?" level isn't what's annoying. It's things around those actions that are annoying, like rejecting the childhood friend isn't annoying on it's own, crying like a bitch because you overheard some chick you never asked out got a boyfriend is annoying. Frankly, regardless of what I'd want to see happen when it comes to the childhood friend, I'd allways want the MC to reject who they don't like as to prevent heartbreak in the future. Rejection after being strung along is a lot harder to watch than a quick cut. So when it comes to the rejection itself, I applaud it.

But he's written as a moral saint as to not ruffle feathers, at the same time his personality annoys me, and there are glaring similarities between him and that other guy.

A quick way to collect my thoughts is hit up the domestic kanojo thread and check my 2 of my 1st 3 replies:

hmm

very interesting concept...........

I enjoyed everything until the cringe, can see it from a mile away, cliche, I'm gonna kiss him/her while they sleep ignoring the very likely possibility someone walks in and sees, further complicating an already complicated situation.

I can totally understand being infatuated with someone, but this cliche is one of the most annoying ones there is. Or do Japanese people just lack the self control when the person of their love interest is asleep next to them? And all common sense along with it?

Yea...............I don't like the protag, he's impulsive in a cringy way, though that much is typical, cheap way to force conflict from other characters reacting rationally to an irrational MC.....

I like Rui though, she's cool.

In my very first reply the word annoying comes up.....coincidence? I don't think so. WE haven't gotten a chance to see him fully emulate the domestic guy, but from what I've seen, whatever gaps are there will eventually be filled.

Though so far they both have sunk into depression over finding out some girl they never confessed to got a boyfriend....(other show was worse, chick wasn't even into him until he mind fucked her over time with is naivety).

crying like a bitch because you overheard some chick you never asked out got a boyfriend is annoying
Ah. That's certainly fair.

I think it just strikes me as, I dunno, expected, in this situation. Like, as a convention of anime, at least. Rarely does brokenheartedness look good, and anime exaggeration doesn't tend to make it better, but most portrayals just don't...try. To not rely on the cliche exaggerated reaction, I mean. So it doesn't even register, with me. It's just endemic to the genre.

It's also just how teenagers act about this kind of thing: their headcanon of reality is sacred to their understanding of reality. Which is not an excuse for not putting in the effort to make the cliche reaction less uncaringly cliche. I just thought it was worth noting.

But he's written as a moral saint as to not ruffle feathers
Not disagreeing just asking for clarification, since I misread your original comparison: you're saying that the MC is portrayed as a moral good guy, despite not being a position where his actions are comparatively good (as in, he's the saint but the girl's the bad guy), right? Because that's pretty much the case in both shows, yes. Both are presented in an artificial dichotomy of right and wrong, where the "guilt" of the opposing party is actually just independent action that didn't conform to the MC's preferred version of events.

...assuming, of course, that he and Kachi never actually spoke as he said they did.

That said...
other show was worse, chick wasn't even into him until he mind fucked her over time with is naivety
[takes deep breath to reignite disagreement about this very point]

Kidding. We don't need to do that again. Agree to disagree and all that.

...but Library Girl was never on the table ok byyyyyyyyyeeeeee.

I still think the comparison of personalities and reactions is less direct than you say (possibly by virtue of the genres being so different), but I can see a general similarity.

Of course, we're also only one episode into this series, so...still time to catch up.

Oh wow I really loved this. Probably my favourite seasonal so far (this being my third one). God it was so unbelievably refreshing to see how upfront the characters are with there feelings from ep 1. None of that too shy to say it bullshit. OH and the MC isn't a dense asf moron. He actually could tell for once that a girl loves him! Like wow I am in TOTAL shock lol.
He's still a colossal retard though for
turning down the best girl which in this case is his adorable and sexy as heck childhood friend!!
Makes me wanna surgically remove his testicles. Oh wait... Doubt he has any in the first place. :P

I really like the personality of Kuroha and I think its gonna lead to a very interesting and entertaining dynamic between the two. I only hope that they do in fact end up together cause I am hardcore rooting for her from now.
Also the Kachi girl really reminded me looks-wise of Mai from Rascal Bunny Senpai.
The comedy parts were decent. I chuckled abit, but obviously I didn't expect alot of laughs from episode 1.
I loved the originality of the OP (to me anyways) with all the chars dressed like magicians and looking all fancy in suits, then there's the whole scene with the Lamborghini. Gives it a sleek fancy vibe. I'm assuming that was the OP as I've noticed that when there's only one song at the end of the first ep of an anime its sometimes the OP ^^ Plus it was too fun and energetic to be an ED.
I really like the teasing jokes Kuroha did to Haru, I love sexual humour like that, it really gets me hehe. I'm concerned/curious though as to how they can continue that once they start a fake romance... We shall see. Hopefully I am not disappointed though XD.

The OP was so fun!
mpv-shot0240.jpg

mpv-shot0241.jpg
I also really REAAAAAAAALLY love this scene were she flicked his chin and was like "Don't you see what your doing to me? Why are you being so unfair?" God I loved that! 10/10 scene for me right there, I'm never gonna forget that it was so freagin sweet! <3 <3 <3
mpv-shot0219.jpg

mpv-shot0220.jpg
i would of liked it more if he just kissed her and moved on. I get there is no story then i know i know but still.
Yeah that was frustrating. They were so close!!! Urgggh. Way to tug on my heartstrings creators XD.
Story be damned I woulda loved to see that. The more satisfying a romance is out the gate the more imma like it lol.

It would of been nice for the title to be true though, maybe let her win? Like i dunno, off the top of my head, Guy pretends to date her to make Bridge girl jealous, finds himself actually liking childhood friend aka clover girl and sticks with it, they live happy ever after, the end
Tbf it very well COULD end like that. I mean that is kinda what I'm expecting to hopefully happen. Or well that IS exactly what I'm expecting lol.

Still, the MC is trash. I equally dislike it makes him out to be the good guy because he waited. ALSO (there's more), why is the clover girl being portrayed as the bad one? She is being setup as the villain of the show already, dunno why, she is just asking the guy out, if he said yeah, well swell, if he doesn't (he didn't), then she just uses pretend dating as a excuse to get close to him and hope he changes his mind, sure he is using her but clearly isn't a issue so why is she being played the wrong here?
You see it as him being made out to be the good guy and her evil? I see it totally the other way haha. I think he's a kinda gutless asshole that doesn't realize a treasure right in front of his face and that the girl is CLEARLY the heroine of the story?? I mean, she looks like a princess to me and I might be biased cause I've fallen for her abit right from the get-go lol. But yeah I mean I think its the opposite of that that's portrayed. Or at least that's what I feel in regards to the characters personally.

And someone mentioned how there was a chubby girl? Yeah I found that surprising as well and I thought it was neat that they had that. First time seeing a girl with some meat on her bones in an anime. And given that she was in the OP I think she may be a proper secondary character maybe..

Ya'll dumped alot of text. I didn't read it all I'm sorry hehe. But I did skim enough to know that I think none of you liked the show? Not uncommon. I usually like the underdog shows more then the popular ones kek. *Looking at you Jujutsu Kaisen! 0.0*
I myself am very hyped to see the next episode! I give it a 9/10 from me atm.

Back