Strike Witches: Road to Berlin

I'm not gonna lie, SW is kind of a guilt pleasure of mine, it's full of fan service for the sake of... well having it but i do like the small story that's buried under the somewhat extensive pile of boobs and ass's, so how did Road to Berlin hold up...

Actually i enjoyed this a fair bit, there was for sure the normal filler episodes and whilst this time there wasn't a bug feasting on clothing or whatever weird excuses we had to get naked, we did have a breast enlarging ancient relic of fertility... as you do, so anyone who needs their fan service overgrown chest, you wont be let down!

That aside though i felt this did a fair job moving the story on a bit, with the age of the SW's starting to show as more witches come to realise their time is limited to Yoshika being the most useless saviour of humanity that she is (this kid is a nuclear bomb of power who forgot the launch codes, this fails for half a season to become the hero last off), it actually progressed forwards in the war. Europe is becoming slowly but surely the stronghold of humanity as the witches move on Berlin.

There was plenty of time wasted on filler but they did make some moderate effort too, they continue to design new "challenges" for the SW's to face in their foes and like to put in place new challenges, i did grow tired of seeing the ultimate witch Yoshika not having power despite her massive power capability - they reuse this so much as it's such a waste, why to they need to hold her back everytime she gets stronger?

Anyways, the end 2 episodes i admit i was pretty hyped for and for a large part they delivered, the end episode especially with some rather good drama moments kicking to the centre stage.

Overall - it's strike witches, it's for sure not a show for everyone and it has no intentions of letting it's ecchi tag go either, whilst you can expect it to continue to throw a episode of fanservice in, it did make more efforts than past entry to progress the fight and even made a small cameo with the Brave witches. As a whole it was the normal mindless fun that is this show with a slight more plot focus forward. If you liked the previous SW entries you will enjoy this, end off.

TL;DR - it's Strike Witches with more boobs and a interesting plot/ending.

Back