KING’S RAID: Successors of the Will

Well, its a mobile game anime directed by someone who has only directed game related anime. I know there has been Rage of Bahamut: Genesis that Mappa worked on. But what are the chance of that happening again? Not very likely I imagine.

The first epsiode wasn’t bad a pretty standard start episode but for a show that’s from a game (I never played) the animation looks really subpar. Grand blue and so many others have good animation or games like epic seven don’t even have a show with better animation. It just feels weird like I’m watching something from 2012

Having played this, it has one of the best stories ever (on par with games like FFX, and Nier:Automata), with some really great characters.
From the first episode the adaptation looks good, and it will probably follow the game's story with some changes. It will be one of the best of the year.

That OP is hot. (having doubts about the anime already...)

My king, it's 3:30 in the afternoon, don't you think it's time you got out of bed?

So much political corruption and racism!

That dark elf chick is hot. That demon chick at the end too.

The pacing is a bit too slow...
Pink mage isn't too bad either.

I see what this is... 13 episodes of content stretched over 26 episodes.

Last edited:
That OP is hot. (having doubts about the anime already...)

My king, it's 3:30 in the afternoon, don't you think it's time you got out of bed?

So much political corruption and racism!

That dark elf chick is hot. That demon chick at the end too.

The pacing is a bit too slow...
Pink mage isn't too bad either.

I see what this is... 13 episodes of content stretched over 26 episodes.

Nah, the game has enough content for at least 60-70 episodes so far as of Chapter 10. Multiple great characters that are important to the main story, each with his/her own rich background, and an amazing lore.
I'm sad because they will probably skip most of them to end the series in 12 episodes.

Also, after the Dark Lord, there is so much more content (really, after they defeat the current Dark Lord the true story begins with a great twist to boot). The real truth behind what is really happening in the world, and the role of the Goddess will come even later.
The main story in the game is not finished yet, it will need 2-3 more chapters that will probably come out in the next 1-2 years. The game's story can be adapted in 3 24 episode seasons easily if they don't cut content.

I'm Skeptical to try this one... i mean, i have played it's game, hell i had a lot of characters in perfect like gear, and only stopped a few months back - it's game story i admit is actually good, the whole dark lord twist was pretty deep stuff but equally... a anime based on a mobile game feels kind of... not something i wanna see... i dunno, might wait until it's done and try the 3 ep rule.

If it doesn't get going, I'm dropping...

They didn't see them walking down the path from a mile away?

Elf chick is hot, but man this anime is such a drag...

Done.
Dropped. 1.0/5

I'm still watching this, or kinda cheat-watching, while doing something else. This anime is nicely done, but has nothing in it. Lots of boring cliches, hope it ends soon.
I totally agree.. I thought about dropping it but here I am, still kind of watching it like you've described..
I usually prefer the dark elves' side of the story but
after they die except Riheet
it doesn't feel the same..

But I must say that ep. 20 was actually pretty okay compared to the rest of the episodes... Maybe the last few episode will actually be ok? But I don't want to get my hopes up too quickly because at first I thought this will be a great anime but it's actually not that exciting as I thought...

From someone who really enjoys isekai and fantasy type genre of anime, I gotta say... This one sucked. Its sooo boring when you already know whats about to happen and cliche. Don't get me wrong, its animated very nicely and you'd think it'd be good based off that alone, but au contraire my friend.

I actually fell asleep watching this, and this is coming from someone who made it through all of cell phone without snoozing.

Back