Iwakakeru! Sport Climbing Girls

Miss me with this climbing shit. Gimmie some camping gi-

iwakakeru-climbing-girls-14925.jpg

Ok I'm in.

Loli? These characters are drawn muscular and on the older side.

Anyway I dont like it at all. The girls have little to no appeal within the episode, those outfits lack any erotic appeal. Also if you want some epic climbing content check out the manga "Kokou no Hito" its too serious compared to this anime but its pretty cool

So I might not look it, but lead climbing is my preservatives. (( it goes way beyond being my jam )) the try hard terminology drops in ep 1 were much appreciated. CGDCT all the way, Climbing Girls Doing Climbing Things! I recommend this to all senders, and hope the whole season continues to deliver the goods!

Also, the character dynamics were fun. Especially the two new applicants, the one girl who wants to appear rude and defiant but is actually a softie and the gamer protagonist. I really hope we get some yuri sprinkled on top (both of the pairs are cool).
So far, this is cute:
Ocaf35U.png

TLqXpjg.png

She's gonna be SORE after climbing like that while not in shape for it.

It's like Harukana Receive. This anime is QUALITY!
The right amount of fanservice along with being exciting in the competition.

37U49.jpg

"MY MOTHER DIED ON THIS ROCK CLIMBING WALL AND NOW ALL I KNOW IS PAIN"

lol it is a little on the fanservice-y side, though. Feels a lot like it relies too much on its emphasized abs and guns to prove it really is a sports anime instead of some half-assed promotional material about the sport. I know sports anime aren't known for plots anyway, but there really is nothing here beyond some vague excuses of character tropes and backstories. This isn't meant to encourage more people to try out the sport. It's just there to tell you the sport exists while having some fun :lenny: with the awkward climbing shots when it gets the chance.

37U49.jpg

"MY MOTHER DIED ON THIS ROCK CLIMBING WALL AND NOW ALL I KNOW IS PAIN"

lol it is a little on the fanservice-y side, though. Feels a lot like it relies too much on its emphasized abs and guns to prove it really is a sports anime instead of some half-assed promotional material about the sport. I know sports anime aren't known for plots anyway, but there really is nothing here beyond some vague excuses of character tropes and backstories. This isn't meant to encourage more people to try out the sport. It's just there to tell you the sport exists while having some fun :lenny: with the awkward climbing shots when it gets the chance.
I can’t say I’m shocked about it being mediocre. One day we will have a good girls sports anime, one day!

I can’t say I’m shocked about it being mediocre. One day we will have a good girls sports anime, one day!

I know it's still too early to tell, but I got some mean Hanebado vibes from this and it's not pretty. At least the characters here don't seem to take themselves as seriously as Hanebado's main cast. Well, except for the club hardass. But that's really only because everyone knows she did three tours in 'Nam and only came back to pursue her studies now her mom died on the wall climb once upon a time.

Shorty's got the moves.

It's a trap. This girl is trying to throw you off. Ignore her!
It's like Exercising with Hinako! But better!
Swole.

Dang setup episode. Next one better deliver.

Last edited:
Episode 4:

Fuck yeah, it's ya boy Franco back at it again with the Xth installment in the "Watching This So You Don't Have To!" series. When will it end? Man, I wish I could tell you.

Listen, I don't think anybody here knows how low this show can actually go - which is plenty ironic, I realize, for a show that's about wall climbing. Between a plot that's eternally on fast-forward and an over-fascination with swoleness, this show sure is making it so, so hard for me to find anything nice to say about it. Even the entertainment factor's a no-go. It's like watching a teen unload all the bad ecchi jokes he knows on me one after the other and then being the only one between us cracking up because he's the only one who thinks his jokes were so goddamned funny. More cringe and unimpressive than funny, in other words. Boy, I wish I could tell you why I'm still watching this.

38jW9.jpg

Swole is love, swole is life.

38jWb.jpg

It's only funny because that random civilian makes this look like a kidnapping instead of a training camp commute.

38jX7.jpg

Glad to see the terrible angles are back in full swing here.

38jWc.jpg

38jWd.jpg

38jWe.jpg

38jWg.jpg

38jWh.jpg

Give these two their own comedy show already.

38jWi.jpg

38jWj.jpg

38jWk.jpg

38jWm.jpg

Of course they're talking about feet kinks. What else did you think they could ever be talking about in a wall climbing shoe store?

38jWn.jpg

38jWo.jpg

38jWp.jpg

Thank god they thought to clarify this by putting the Androgynous Rival in the scene, otherwise I'd think this school had an actual honest to goodness panther on their team. Too bad that wasn't the case at all.

38jWq.jpg

38jWr.jpg

Please tell me she's not pimping out her dad to the high schooler she calls "Master."

38jXh.jpg

38jXi.jpg

Give these two their own comedy show already II. In other news, sports anime needs more characters calling everyone else out for their over-the-top anime bullshit.

Nothing out of the ordinary, of course. Could do better. But an overall improvement over last episode. I really like the two main pairs and the rival characters are so over-the-top that they are fun to see lmao. Anyways, Jun's the best.

Back