Breakers

Episode 1:

It's fansubbed and an episode's only under ten minutes, so I don't think this is going to get a lot of views. I'm not sure if the fansub team'll be doing the rest of the series, but I'll be keeping tabs on it if they decide otherwise. The animation's smooth and the art's easy on the eyes, but I guess what I really mean by this is that I hope this could pave the way for a REAL anime adaptation some time in the future.

31huQ.jpg

31huR.jpg

31huM.jpg

31huN.jpg

31huP.jpg

These have to be the best throwaway sports characters I've ever seen.

31huG.jpg

31huK.jpg

31huL.jpg

lmao

Was surprised to see this get subbed. Hope the rest of it does get subbed...

That said, yeah... It does feel like more of a sample or a tidbit of a fuller series than a full fledged series. I hear the episode count isn't huge either (estimated at 4-5, I think) so it's a shame. The animation was nice and it could be interesting, just feels like there isn't much room for the series to expand.

I assumed these would just tbe oneshots, but it seems we're spending more time with Kai to flesh that whole scenario out. I admittedly like that. I enjoy jerk rivals like Yuuki a lot so it's fun to see in this context.

I assumed these would just tbe oneshots, but it seems we're spending more time with Kai to flesh that whole scenario out. I admittedly like that. I enjoy jerk rivals like Yuuki a lot so it's fun to see in this context.

I'd be down for the oneshots thing, if they ever decide to do it. The ED implies they will. I'm hoping this turns out to be the anime version of the Shaw Brothers' Crippled Avengers, where they put together a team of super disabled athletes to... take over the Olympics or something. I don't know where plot will go either, but it sounds fun.

@Franconator
I honestly thought all the episodes would be oneshots, and the ED implies a lot of stories, so I'm wondering what they're planning because Kai still needs one ep to wrap his story up. I heard the episode count wasn't big, but perhaps it was misreported? I definitely think it's going to transition into a series of stories, which is nice, but I saw an episode count reported of like, 5-6 somewhere.

I'm hoping the site I saw was just wrong and we get say, 3-4 episodes per a character or something. I'd enjoy that

@Claptrap @Franconator Where are ya'll watching that cuz those subs don't match watch I just watched o.o

Episode 1:
So far it's ok. The art is cute and there are some animation hiccups here and there but it's not unwatchable by any means.

So this dude sucks at sports, so he uses science to sneak up on unattended boys in gymnasiums and touches their abs like a creepo and introduces them to wheelchair basketball? Ok lol.

Idk, something about seemingly able bodied science man scouting underaged para-athletes for some, unknown to us, reason that somehow benefits him doesn't sit too well with me. But I'm an able bodied non-science woman so idk if it's as potentially problematic as I think because I just don't have that experience to pull from but would be interested what someone who does, would think of this show. Having only seen one episode isn't much to go on also. Perhaps it'll explain more to us as we go.

I am interested to watch our MC get better a wheelchair basketball tho :D

Very interesting short-form anime. And also very inspiring and empowering, too.
I think the way the ball always sticks to Narita's face is funny and is very nostalgic of my own lack of ball sense.
I'm hoping for more insight into his motivations, though. Why is he helping Kai (and all those other kids in the ED) and why does this matter to him?
I will definitely be sticking with this anime to find out.

Feels like Suguru's recovery time should've taken a bit longer. That being said, the show runs on limited time so I can see why they'd want to speed past that.

He's also got that star mentality to help boost him past the psychological hurdles. All the tech guy has to do is butter him up to oblivion, and he'll be back up on his feet in no time.

hmmm... wondering who the mc of the third section IS, I don't think it's any of the characters introduced to us in this episode 9 unless I'm wrong. maybe someone on the opposing team? time will tell

Back