Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear

Odd link to an interest in this premise. I wondered about the similarity to main character and that of Bang Dream! 's Michelle. (BD: Season 2:ep. 5). That bear costume in that episode was a marvel of pop technology!

Jeez, they're already behind schedule with airing? Or is this really how they planned it? I highly doubt they were going with staggered episode releases like this. I think EMT squared is not messing up their schedule for releases.

Jeez, they're already behind schedule with airing? Or is this really how they planned it? I highly doubt they were going with staggered episode releases like this. I think EMT squared is not messing up their schedule for releases.

Nah, everything is going as planned. Episode 1 preaired a while ago and now it'll air on TV in about 3 hours

I really don't know
There are pretty much everywhere differences to the light novel
Hopefully they begin to really use the source....
The first episode doesn't really feel like the novel

There was one thing that was bugging me while watching first episode.
The first episode in not starting at the same time as the novel, so the anime studio made this time jump. But the more weird thing is that there were parts where they were jumping to the start of the series but it didn't make any sense storywise.
I see the first episode more like taste of the story but the story starting at second episode. But I still wonder how are they going to skip the thing that happened in first episode when story goes onward.

To summarize it all I'd say that in certain degree it is following the novel, but they got the first episode messed up. The title of next episode at the end really looks like it'll start from the real beginning. Like, it's literally title of the second chapter of the light novel.

Episode 1:

That was weird and confusing...

So is this isekai or a VRMMO world like Bofuri? I'm hearing from people who are familiar with the source material that the events and scenes in this episode are all out of order chronologically.

Misleading on top of choppy animation and a generic setting. Not a good start so far.

Well that was one of the worst opening episodes I have ever seen. Zero world building and MC generates zero interest for me. If you hadn't read the intro, you'd have no idea what on earth is going on.

Why is she wearing that bear suit? Where did she get it from? Where did she get all this magic that comes with the suit? If she is that strong, why is she so underestimated in the guild? Are the characters from Ep 1 just NPCs, or are they fellow players a part of the same guild? That was absolutely horrid, and guessing by the comments on here it's because the chronology is all over the place. If you were an anime-only watcher like me this is literally all what happened in Ep 1: kid comes to guild to ask for help, girl dressed like a bear offers to help, everyone underestimates her, she beats the snake. The end.

The MC speaks in a very monotone manner, and tries to be cute/wholesome but it just looks really forced/ cliched. It looked like a super promising show so I sat through the whole thing, that's 20 minutes of my life I won't be getting back.

Back