Hortensia Saga

Fuck you @Zed60K, I thought Hortensia was Galavant Hortensia.
I apologies for raising your hopes to have them be crushed immediately, but some of the faults lie on your laps for thinking that decent ass musical fantasies can come out of anime.

Somehow this shows only redeeming quality is its opening.
And this masterful creation of a CG dragon.
unknown.png

I don't get why they have her disguised as a dude. Seems kind of pointless.

That aside, not bad. Action was pretty good and it looks like there will be plenty of it. Redneck likes.

It hit the mark on some spots, but missed alot as well.
It will probably be an mediocre anime at best. Hopefully im wrong though

The first episode didn't leave me that impressed. It had some cool moments but it was nothing special for me. I'm not saying it's going to be bad throughout the whole story so I won't judge too soon. I'm still leaving my mind and heart opened if they surprise in the following episodes.

Episode 2.
Well, that was a big step-down.
A whole episode focusing on this screechy, annoying maid. That was torture. Also, if a kid is moronic enough to run into a monster cave with nothing but a torch, I say leave him. That's called natural selection right there.

Episode 4.
So they just copied Hansel and Gretel, but way less interesting. Fun...

Also, dragon girl is totally his sister.

I liked episode 1, but ever since it has just been a parade of mediocrity. And my interest is officially tapped. Redneck out.

2 out of 5.

Finally, ep. 7 hinted that things might get more exciting.
After the 1st episode I didn't have high expectations and other episodes were so-so (especially the fighting scenes). But I still want to see what happens and it's not that bad to drop it.

ep7
I really wish they didn't change Marius/Marielles voice after her true identity was revealed.. Surely after 3 years of pretending to be a boy, and also not wanting to be addressed as a "princess" she wouldn't be so quick to just flip back to her pre-disguise voice. Iunno, feels off to me.

I dunno, I've found I've started to lose interest ever since The Reveal a couple of eps back.

I'll finish it I guess. Unless it's a two-cour. anichart says it's not though.

Here for the EDS Group watch.

It started out promising, then completely fell off the cliff and ended up being another mediocre fantasy-based-on-a-mobile-game anime. Not even the twist ending could save it from mediocrity.

Here for the EDS groupwatch.
I really enjoyed this one. But I do wish there's a second season so we find out more about what happens to Alfred.

Here for an EDS and ABC groupwatch. This took me longer to watch than normal due to moving and not having internet so if I forget something that's why.

This show started off with an interesting premise that for the most part held it's own. It did get funky near the end though. The last few episodes felt really rushed after what we had seen for all the others. Overall a decent watch but not one I will jump on to rewatch.

Last edited:
Back