Life Lessons with Uramichi Oniisan

Did................did someone say DARK COMEDY?

giphy.gif

Also, that is one star studded cast, Hiroshi Kamiya, Tomokazu Sugita and Mamoru Miyano?

Hot damn.

Last edited:
I swear I've seen something like this before, except it was yaoi. Think it was pretty good, but I hope I'm not mistaking that for another one I'm thinking of, which was also good.

Tbh honest, it has a pretty weird premise. Thought that doesn't mean is bad, in fact, i really liked it! I didn't enjoy the humor at first, but it grew on me. I don't think I would like it the same if the voice actors were different, tho. That voice acting is on point.
I look forward for next Monday :drink:

Hmm, if there was ever a anime based on my life, I am positive this guy is a representation of it!

I liked the episode, the humour delivered pretty well with character voices really delivering, right from the bright cheery kids to our dark MC even onto the lady working the show... it honestly was pretty great and i look forward to more dark back-handed comments from our happy and cheery MC next week.

My only concern is if the jokes will run dry quick or not, i wont judge as its only ep 1 but for now, its got a good start.

Can we also take a moment to appreciate not only the rather enjoyable ED but more over, its rather fun name of "Dream on" - I can't be the only one who found this both funny but rather fitting for a show like this, well played.

Not to be depressing or anything but i do like seeing shows which show the darker side of working life, most of us don't wake up with a smile wondering what joys awake us... okay we all don't hate our life either, my point being, i like it touches on the not so positives we face.
... man i sound like this guy more and more.

Last edited:
Hey, that was fun, I don't love nihilism so I was afraid it would be that kind of dark comedy, but these are all really just more or less mentally unstable people on a kids show, which is a brilliant idea. I love the voice acting, a ton of recognizable VA's who really fit their parts, but also, you can really feel the emotions of the characters, which makes it a lot more believable.
Daga's laughing at a dick joke like he's losing his mind and uramichi's bird man drawing were my favorite parts, and of course the animation for the bear and bunny man guys.
1XxdkN331Gp6ONUBSRd7tTCDWCecqTX2xtz4_XM0Y07GRkbfnVAm3OlqMy29fEvrJA=h640

Back